CME Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at CME Group in February 2011.

Interview Details – Series of meetings in a weekend.

Interview Question – Advanced Calculus caught me off guard   Answer Question

Marketing Data Science Intern Interview

Marketing Data Science Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CME Group.

Interview Details – Position Introduction and Resume review

Interview Question – How to use the tableau in your project
Write a sql to select top 5 salary from employer table
What predictors you plan to use in your project's model?
How to check you model in practical markets?
  View Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Intern - Hourly
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at CME Group in November 2012.

Interview Details – Easy Interview process, direct questions.

Interview Question – Nothing very difficult, all course related questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing. Fixed pay rate.

Software Developer Intern Interview

Software Developer Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CME Group in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied at career fair and got a phone call a few weeks later. They asked questions about the fundamentals of programming, SQL and a bit about futures and derivatives.

Interview Question – Not really. Asked about abstraction, encapsulation and polymorphism. And about SQL joins and constraints.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Possible to negotiate if there's a valid reason

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Quantitative Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and interviewed at CME Group.

Interview Details – First round is writing exam,basically about mathematics and programming. Typical questions on probability and some brain teaser questions were asked. It's better to have overview on C++ or matlab for the programming questions.

Interview Question – Programming to solve an optimization problem.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CME Group in July 2013.

Interview Details – Was called by a recruiter from the CME Group, discussed the position and my background and my availablity for a phone interview. I went through the 1/2 hour phone interview with the manager of the group, went well. I came in for the interview with the manager and 5 other people, which took about 3 hours. Some of the people were laid back and some were very judgemental and rude. The huge disappointment was that I followed up with the recruiter and the manager and never heard back, which I found to be a bit unprofessional and arrogant. From reading other comments, that seems to be there MO, which is quite inconsiderate. I actually found I didnt get the job because someone else updated there linkedin with the job title.

Interview Question – it was typical questions, explaining background and why your interested   Answer Question

Staff Auditor Interview

Staff Auditor
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CME Group.

Interview Details – Email from admin to set up a phone screening. Basic phone interview going through my background, what I was looking for, what the position consists off, etc. Phone call a few days later setting up a face to face interview.
Interview with executive director, very informal and relaxed. Interview with two directors that went through my background and transcripts and asked some behavioral questions. Lunch with two staff auditors.

Interview Question – Name a problem you had recently and what you did to solve it.   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Programmer Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CME Group.

Interview Details – 2 Rounds of Interviews. Technical round of interview included Java, Web Development questions. Question comparing different Data Structures. Second round of interview consisted of Fit/Behavioral questions.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at CME Group in May 2012.

Interview Details – Got an email for an on-site interview with the team. The interview lasted about an hour with 3 members of the team. They asked me about my past experiences, and explained what the role consisted of. A couple days later, I was asked to fill out some paperwork. The following day, I was called by an HR rep with an offer from manager.

Interview Question – Do you have any experience with project management?   Answer Question

Market Risk Intern Interview

Market Risk Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CME Group.

Interview Details – Get someone working there get my resume to the hiring manager. A week later a HR person called me. The next day got the confirmation to come to Chicago HQ for a face-to-face interview.

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at CME Group

Worked for CME Group? Contribute to the Community!