CME Group Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

2.7

36 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Hedge Fund Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at CME Group in March 2014.

i originally submitted my resume via the campus drop (i go to a top/target university), and i received email from HR. phone screen and excel test. the entire process was extremely smooth and easy/straightforward. nothing unexpected. read the position carefully. you can usually talk to someone who has worked there or is currently working there to get a sense of the company culture. other than that i would say it is definitely a great place to work and i would consider applying back again in the fall for their full time positions.

got another offer

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at CME Group in July 2014.

Applied online and heard back about a week and a half later. Via email set up a time to speak with HR representative. We then set a time to speak with software engineers who were part of team I'd be working with. This was a phone interview which lasted about 25 minutes. They ask about past projects and then went right into Java questions. Difference between inheritance, abstract, and regular classes. Difference between a list and a set. They then asked a couple of questions relating to test driven development.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at CME Group in February 2011.

Series of meetings in a weekend.

Marketing Data Science Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CME Group.

Position Introduction and Resume review

Interview Questions
    • How to use the tableau in your project
      Write a sql to select top 5 salary from employer table
      What predictors you plan to use in your project's model?
      How to check you model in practical markets?
        View Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at CME Group in November 2012.

Easy Interview process, direct questions.

Nothing. Fixed pay rate.

Software Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CME Group in April 2013.

Applied at career fair and got a phone call a few weeks later. They asked questions about the fundamentals of programming, SQL and a bit about futures and derivatives.

Interview Questions
    • Not really. Asked about abstraction, encapsulation and polymorphism. And about SQL joins and constraints.   Answer Question
    Possible to negotiate if there's a valid reason

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source - interviewed at CME Group.

First round is writing exam,basically about mathematics and programming. Typical questions on probability and some brain teaser questions were asked. It's better to have overview on C++ or matlab for the programming questions.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CME Group in July 2013.

Was called by a recruiter from the CME Group, discussed the position and my background and my availablity for a phone interview. I went through the 1/2 hour phone interview with the manager of the group, went well. I came in for the interview with the manager and 5 other people, which took about 3 hours. Some of the people were laid back and some were very judgemental and rude. The huge disappointment was that I followed up with the recruiter and the manager and never heard back, which I found to be a bit unprofessional and arrogant. From reading other comments, that seems to be there MO, which is quite inconsiderate. I actually found I didnt get the job because someone else updated there linkedin with the job title.

Interview Questions
    • it was typical questions, explaining background and why your interested   Answer Question

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CME Group.

Email from admin to set up a phone screening. Basic phone interview going through my background, what I was looking for, what the position consists off, etc. Phone call a few days later setting up a face to face interview.
    Interview with executive director, very informal and relaxed. Interview with two directors that went through my background and transcripts and asked some behavioral questions. Lunch with two staff auditors.

Interview Questions
    • Name a problem you had recently and what you did to solve it.   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CME Group.

2 Rounds of Interviews. Technical round of interview included Java, Web Development questions. Question comparing different Data Structures. Second round of interview consisted of Fit/Behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Worked for CME Group? Contribute to the Community!