CME Group Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 29, 2015

2.4

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CME Group.

Interview

Very standard interview process. I talked about my past experiences and how they relate to the position I interviewed for. Manager talked about her background, the position and expectations on the intern.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for CME Group

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I spoke with a representative at our career fair and was told to apply online. They accept applications on a rolling admission basis. Over a month after applying I received an email about scheduling a phone interview. I responded the day after and got a confirmation the week after that the phone call would be a week after (2 weeks after congrats lets schedule an interview). A week after the interview, which I thought had gone exceptionally well, I was rejected. They really don't know what they missed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and your previous experiences?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • What are some of your favorite classes?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CME Group in April 2014.

Interview

- Applied online and had a phone interview with the manager
    - The phone interview took about 30 min
    - Mostly behavioral questions and some technical questions about derivatives and CME Group's products (futures, options, and swaps)
    - Heard back from HR in a few days
    - Accepted the offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

interviewed at CME Group (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Just go through the resume,they are very nice

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview process was as follows: resume drop, phone interview, and then two rounds of in-person interviews. I made it to the second to last interview. I found the interviews to be pretty relaxed. It obviously helps a lot if you know someone currently working at CME. There were a lot of applicants for the position.

Interview Questions

• There were some specific questions about financial modeling in Excel   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

Got an email for an on-site interview with the team. The interview lasted about an hour with 3 members of the team. They asked me about my past experiences, and explained what the role consisted of. A couple days later, I was asked to fill out some paperwork. The following day, I was called by an HR rep with an offer from manager.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

Received a conference call with two executives of the firm, who asked basic questions regarding previous work experience, course load, and experience in the field. Overall, they were very courteous, albeit a little detached, and gave the impression that they were simply going through the motions (can't say I blame them). All in all, a very standard, run-of-the-mill interview, for which review of typical questions ("Tell us about yourself," "what can you tell us about our company?", and the like) should be adequate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

Met the HR in one of the info sessions and I forwarded my resume. She got back to me after a week asking me if I was interested. Then had a phone interview directly with the hiring manager (30 mins). I was invited for a 1:1 interview which too was a short, crisp and direct to the point interview. Got the offer after 2 days and ended up accepting it.

Interview Questions

• What is your sweet spot in the SDLC ?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about flash crash, do you think CME can have a role in avoiding it ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

CME had standard pay scale. No negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

I met with a recruiter through a career fair at my college. After the career fair, I sent a email stating my interest in the company and requesting to speak about available positions. About a week later, I received a phone call to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of questions about my experiences and interests that were directly related to the position. A couple days after the phone interview, I was asked to come in for a 1 on 1 interview. The 1 on 1 interview consisted of more detailed questions about my experience and ultimately seemed like a test of gauging my genuine interest in the project.

Interview Questions

• Describe your previous experience in the field.   Answer Question
    • If I were to offer you the position right now, what research would you do between now and your starting date to better prepare yourself?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

First is the HR phone interview
    Then I go to the company, finishing a 2.5 hour data test, then giving a half an hour presentation about the data test. The QA section.

Interview Questions

• ask me what do i think of my data test?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation