CME Group

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at CME Group in February 2011.

Interview Details – Series of meetings in a weekend.

Interview Question – Advanced Calculus caught me off guard   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I interviewed at CME Group in May 2013.

Interview Details – Just go through the resume,they are very nice

Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at CME Group in May 2012.

Interview Details – Got an email for an on-site interview with the team. The interview lasted about an hour with 3 members of the team. They asked me about my past experiences, and explained what the role consisted of. A couple days later, I was asked to fill out some paperwork. The following day, I was called by an HR rep with an offer from manager.

Interview Question – Do you have any experience with project management?   Answer Question

Interviewed at CME Group

Interview Details – The interview process was as follows: resume drop, phone interview, and then two rounds of in-person interviews. I made it to the second to last interview. I found the interviews to be pretty relaxed. It obviously helps a lot if you know someone currently working at CME. There were a lot of applicants for the position.

Interview Question – There were some specific questions about financial modeling in Excel   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at CME Group in April 2012.

Interview Details – Received a conference call with two executives of the firm, who asked basic questions regarding previous work experience, course load, and experience in the field. Overall, they were very courteous, albeit a little detached, and gave the impression that they were simply going through the motions (can't say I blame them). All in all, a very standard, run-of-the-mill interview, for which review of typical questions ("Tell us about yourself," "what can you tell us about our company?", and the like) should be adequate

Interview Question – What do you know about our company?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CME Group in May 2011.

Interview Details – Met the HR in one of the info sessions and I forwarded my resume. She got back to me after a week asking me if I was interested. Then had a phone interview directly with the hiring manager (30 mins). I was invited for a 1:1 interview which too was a short, crisp and direct to the point interview. Got the offer after 2 days and ended up accepting it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – CME had standard pay scale. No negotiations.

Chicago, IL

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CME Group in April 2011.

Interview Details – First is the HR phone interview
Then I go to the company, finishing a 2.5 hour data test, then giving a half an hour presentation about the data test. The QA section.

Interview Question – ask me what do i think of my data test?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at CME Group in April 2011.

Interview Details – I met with a recruiter through a career fair at my college. After the career fair, I sent a email stating my interest in the company and requesting to speak about available positions. About a week later, I received a phone call to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of questions about my experiences and interests that were directly related to the position. A couple days after the phone interview, I was asked to come in for a 1 on 1 interview. The 1 on 1 interview consisted of more detailed questions about my experience and ultimately seemed like a test of gauging my genuine interest in the project.

Interview Questions

• Describe your previous experience in the field.   Answer Question
  • If I were to offer you the position right now, what research would you do between now and your starting date to better prepare yourself?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CME Group.

Interview Details – Interviewed with the hiring manager over the phone in Chicago. The hiring process though took a little longer than expected but got done with soon. They have a great HR and hiring manager who was helpful in the process and decision making

Interview Question – What was your favorite subject it college and how do you see this applicable for the position   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Intern

The process took 6 days - interviewed at CME Group in June 2011.

Interview Details – Very laid back. People that i worked with were very friendly and helpful

Interviews for Top Jobs at CME Group

Worked for CME Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CME Group Intern interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by CME Group employees and interview candidates.