CME Group

Updated Feb 11, 2015

2.6

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CME Group in February 2015.

Recruiter had contacted me first and screened profile for 20 minutes. Later arranged a phone interview with Director Had two Phone Screen for 30 mins, followed by an onsite interview for 5 hrs.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to win a difficult stakeholder over to accept the project change that will affect his/her department. How did you do it
      Describe a time when you were in a project where change happened constantly without any change control to requirements. How did you deal with this situation and how did you overcome the associated challenges?
      Describe a time when you had to deal with stakeholders at all levels of the organization. How was the message different?

Answer Question

Junior Quantitative Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CME Group.

After receiving your resume, the HR consulting firm would reach you, arranging the interview.
    The first round is phone interview, the second round(I did not enter in that round) would be paper test and face to face interview.
    The content of the interview was comprehensive, including a lot of C++ questions, such as the diff between pass by name/reference, the benefit of initialization list, containers, etc; some typical brain teaser questions; and financial questions like the GARCH models, put-call parity and the Greeks

Interview Questions
    • No, if you prepared it well, the first round is not difficult   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at CME Group in January 2015.

Processed two rounds phone interviews. Both of them asked questions about SQL, C++, and derivatives. They will keep asking until you can't answer their questions. No personal behaviour questions in first round. In second round, they repeated some questions in first round and then asked about my resume and some personal experience.

Interview Questions
    • What's object oriented programming? What's Join in SQL? What's Union in SQL?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CME Group.

One phone interview with HR. In person interviews with two different people. Process took about 2-3 weeks. Generally one of the easiest interview processes that I have gone through in the financial industry. Mostly just basic questions about my background and typical interview questions such as, "Why do you want to work here?", "What are your strengths?", etc.

Student Interview

Relatively standard. Applied online. Received a call roughly 2 weeks later. Went in to their Chicago offices. Was interviewed by the manager of the department. Heard a final answer a few days later. Need to pass a drug test before you begin work.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty basic stuff. Why does this field interest you etc.?   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at CME Group in October 2014.

I gave my resume at a career fair and I was called for a phone interview after a week. All the questions we on algorithms and data structures. It was also on java collections. Run and time complexities of all. We need to have them on our finger tips to be able to crack them.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CME Group in October 2014.

Applied through university. The process took more than 2 months. The HR won't respond to your emails after the completion of interview. It took over 1 month for them a make a decision on my application.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were very bizarre and they didn't make sense. I spend most of the time during the interview asking clarifying questions. 2/3 of the interviewers seemed to unprepared.
      Example:
      Interviewer: "How you would store data?"
      Me: "Data?" (he interrupted me before I could complete my sentence)
      Interviewer: "Yes Data!"
      Me: "What kind of data?"
      Interviewer: "Stream of data."
      Me: "So your question is how to store a stream of data. What is the type of data? Integers, float.. " (he again interrupted me before I could complete my sentence)
      Interviewer: "Data is basically a combination of bits and bytes" (that does not make sense and neither did it answer my question!)
      .......
      To cut the long story short, after asking clarifying questions for over 10 minutes the interviewer told, "What is the size of an integer...is basically my question".
      I was totally confused as to why all of a sudden he changed his question.

Answer Question
    • Coding assignment based on Java language.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

One of the hiring manager conducted a phone interview. The main function of the job is to pricing energy products like gasoline, natural gas, oil. She focused mostly on what's on your resume. Mainly your experience and what projects you have done in class. Not much behavior questions showing up in this stage.
    My advice is to prepare whats on your resume and hopefully you will pass this round.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are reasonable, a few technical questions like how to do monte carlo, what are the parameters.   Answer Question

Risk Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at CME Group in August 2014.

Heard about the position from a friend, applied online and had resume submitted to hiring manager by friend. Heard back about a week later with a request to come in for an interview. The interview consisted of two rounds of two-panel interviewers. After the interview I received a call from HR in a short time with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly standard. What's a forward? What's a future? What's an Option? If I produce gold and I'm trying to hedge, should I be long or short? If I have a 50% chance of losing $10 and a 50% chance of gaining $10, what is my expected value? What is Delta? What is the formula for CAPM?, how would I make a synthetic long using options? How would I make a Strangle?   View Answer
    They offered, I accepted, no negotiation.

Market Surveillance Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CME Group.

Phone Call, then in person interview, then a second in-person interview. I was excited about the first two steps and they went well, but the third was unorganized and strange.

Interview Questions
    • None. All straightforward. Seemed to be a lack of questions.   Answer Question