CME Group

Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.6

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CME Group in July 2014.

Applied online and heard back about a week and a half later. Via email set up a time to speak with HR representative. We then set a time to speak with software engineers who were part of team I'd be working with. This was a phone interview which lasted about 25 minutes. They ask about past projects and then went right into Java questions. Difference between inheritance, abstract, and regular classes. Difference between a list and a set. They then asked a couple of questions relating to test driven development.

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CME Group.

Initial Phone Interview. About 20 minutes, mostly behavioral and background questions. Second interview was in person, lasted about 30 minutes with department director. Very laid back without and unexpected questions.

Java Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CME Group in May 2014.

Got a call from CME group for java developer internship. Applied online.Interview was easy-Basic core java questions; OOPS concept, interfaces vs abstract classes and SQL. Few behavioral questions; Why CME? what expectations do you have from this position? Only one half an hour telephonic interview and they responded within an hour.

Negotiate as soon as you get the offer, I tried negotiating after a day and they declined it but, its a good company. Nice work culture and lots of opportunities to learn.

Quantitative Risk Analyst Interview

Referred by someone else who has a connection within CME. The interview has 2 rounds, written test + phone interview.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CME Group in April 2014.

- Applied online and had a phone interview with the manager
    - The phone interview took about 30 min
    - Mostly behavioral questions and some technical questions about derivatives and CME Group's products (futures, options, and swaps)
    - Heard back from HR in a few days
    - Accepted the offer

Membership Clerical Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CME Group in April 2014.

I was contacted by the hiring manager who asked for my available times and other basic things. A an interview was arranged and I was to be interviewed by the manager of the department. I was asked questions about the company, my resume and was given the total job description. I have not been contacted since but I was given the manager official card.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your volunteering you did on your resume.   Answer Question

Clearing House Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CME Group.

The interview process was very laid back and not as intense as one would think. They asked you a lot of easy questions about yourself and why you think you would be a good fit for the role. An understanding of options and derivatives was a plus.

Marketing Data Science Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at CME Group.

Position Introduction and Resume review

Interview Questions
    • How to use the tableau in your project
      Write a sql to select top 5 salary from employer table
      What predictors you plan to use in your project's model?
      How to check you model in practical markets?

View Answer

Market Reporter Interview

No formal interview.. i was hired in 1979 by the head of floor operations. was hired on the spot. ii was working as a runner at the time.

Systems Analyst Interview

Interview highlighted my skills as well as personal background