CME Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Risk Research Team Intern Interview

Risk Research Team Intern

Interviewed at CME Group

Interview Details – There were 3 rounds. In the first one, a woman graduated from MIT mathematics PhD asked questions from basic mathematics to programming skills. The second round I was asked about derivatives concepts and models. The last was about the market perception . Majority of the questions were technical and relative to my resume, and very few of them were behavioral.

Interview Question – I was asked to write codes on paper for a small project in different programming languages.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant

Interviewed at CME Group

Interview Details – one time interview, last for 3 hours. interviewed by 2 persons
most questions focused on past experience.
some technical questions: 1. C++ data structure 2. greek letters and option pricing model 3. portfolio return calculation 4. term structure model 5. some derivatives product definition
they also introduce a lot about the group and position

Interview Question – Greek letters and option pricing model
ODE closed solution derivation
  Answer Question

Software Developer Intern Interview

Software Developer Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CME Group in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied at career fair and got a phone call a few weeks later. They asked questions about the fundamentals of programming, SQL and a bit about futures and derivatives.

Interview Question – Not really. Asked about abstraction, encapsulation and polymorphism. And about SQL joins and constraints.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Possible to negotiate if there's a valid reason

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Engineer I Interview

Software Engineer I

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CME Group.

Interview Details – Met them first at a campus career event and they caught my interest. The first interview was over the phone because I was unable to do it on campus during the event. Then invited me to an onsite interview in their Chicago office. They put me up in a nice hotel and, for those that it matters to, got my reimbursed for the trip really quickly. The interview process took around 4 hours, had 4 separate interviews, 2 interviewers per interview. One was a code architecture exam, a coding question where they put you at a computer and give you a problem, one behavioral, and one general problem solving interview. They also had lunch and a brief of tour of their trading areas. They got back to before the end of the week with the outcome of the interview. At just about every stage I felt they acted professionally.

Interview Question – How many shortest paths are there in a NxK grid from one corner to the opposite corner.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I told them about my other offers and asked that they could match their salary, and they got close. After factoring in their other benefits CME was offering me a lot more.

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I interviewed at CME Group in May 2013.

Interview Details – Just go through the resume,they are very nice

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Quantitative Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and interviewed at CME Group.

Interview Details – First round is writing exam,basically about mathematics and programming. Typical questions on probability and some brain teaser questions were asked. It's better to have overview on C++ or matlab for the programming questions.

Interview Question – Programming to solve an optimization problem.   Answer Question

Rotational Analyst Interview

Rotational Analyst

Interviewed at CME Group

Interview Details – Resume Drop through campus recruiting. Received email for interview a week later.

Interview Question – How do you work in a team environment   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CME Group in July 2013.

Interview Details – Was called by a recruiter from the CME Group, discussed the position and my background and my availablity for a phone interview. I went through the 1/2 hour phone interview with the manager of the group, went well. I came in for the interview with the manager and 5 other people, which took about 3 hours. Some of the people were laid back and some were very judgemental and rude. The huge disappointment was that I followed up with the recruiter and the manager and never heard back, which I found to be a bit unprofessional and arrogant. From reading other comments, that seems to be there MO, which is quite inconsiderate. I actually found I didnt get the job because someone else updated there linkedin with the job title.

Interview Question – it was typical questions, explaining background and why your interested   Answer Question

Risk Research Team Intern Interview

Risk Research Team Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at CME Group.

Interview Details – They came to my school career fair where I submitted my resume. After a few days, HR contacted me and asked several questions about job authority. Then I got an interview inform. The interview lasted 3 hours.

Interview Question – Basic math and statistics ques. Some concepts in derivatives modeling. Requires you can write down code on paper. Your understanding of the markets.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at CME Group in July 2013.

Interview Details – Hr interview over the phone consisting of standard questions. Face to face in one of their Chicago offices. Was a 2 hour interview with numerous managers. Everyone that interviewed me was very articulate. From my 2 hours of exposure it appeared as though they had a strong teams.

Interview Question – What do you know about come group.   Answer Question