CME Group Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CME Group in April 2014.

Interview

- Applied online and had a phone interview with the manager
    - The phone interview took about 30 min
    - Mostly behavioral questions and some technical questions about derivatives and CME Group's products (futures, options, and swaps)
    - Heard back from HR in a few days
    - Accepted the offer

Membership Clerical Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CME Group (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by the hiring manager who asked for my available times and other basic things. A an interview was arranged and I was to be interviewed by the manager of the department. I was asked questions about the company, my resume and was given the total job description. I have not been contacted since but I was given the manager official card.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your volunteering you did on your resume.   Answer Question

Clearing House Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CME Group.

Interview

The interview process was very laid back and not as intense as one would think. They asked you a lot of easy questions about yourself and why you think you would be a good fit for the role. An understanding of options and derivatives was a plus.

Marketing Data Science Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Position Introduction and Resume review

Interview Questions

• How to use the tableau in your project
      Write a sql to select top 5 salary from employer table
      What predictors you plan to use in your project's model?
      How to check you model in practical markets?

1 Answer

Market Reporter Interview

Interview

No formal interview.. i was hired in 1979 by the head of floor operations. was hired on the spot. ii was working as a runner at the time.

Systems Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview highlighted my skills as well as personal background

Interview Questions

• What current novel am I reading   1 Answer

Senior Analyst, Vendor Compliance and Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

I went through 3 phone interviews and 4 in-person interviews which lasted 4 1/2 months from initial phone call to offer. Interviews were similar each time yet each interview was with different departmental leads in which I would be working with (dotted line in the org chart). Interviews were formal so definitely be dressed to impress. They go through TONS of interviews for each opening so find a way to make yourself stand out; I used hand-written 'thank you' notes for each interviewer, personalized business cards, and connected with each interviewer on LinkedIn prior to each interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very generic and often repeated from similar managers almost like they were getting their interview questions from a "how to" book.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They don't negotiate much at all...too difficult to get a job there so if you get an offer just go with it...they usually offer some of the best salaries in the industry so you won't be disappointed.

Trading & Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at CME Group (Chicago, WI) in March 2014.

Interview

I had 1 Phone Interview, and we talked for around 30 minutes. They asked basic questions about my leadership skills and a few technical questions. It was a very easy going interview, and we were able to just talk about my experiences.

Hedge Fund Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

i originally submitted my resume via the campus drop (i go to a top/target university), and i received email from HR. phone screen and excel test. the entire process was extremely smooth and easy/straightforward. nothing unexpected. read the position carefully. you can usually talk to someone who has worked there or is currently working there to get a sense of the company culture. other than that i would say it is definitely a great place to work and i would consider applying back again in the fall for their full time positions.

got another offer

Market Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CME Group (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

First is phone interview, then on-site interview

Interview Questions

• What is Greeks, duration, convexity. The formula using them to calculate asset price.
      How will you spend your 100 million.
      What book you read recently.
      How will commodity price change during war time.
      How will the option price change if the BSM assumption is not log normal distribution.

Answer Question