CME Group

2.6

Market Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CME Group in March 2014.

First is phone interview, then on-site interview

Interview Questions
    • What is Greeks, duration, convexity. The formula using them to calculate asset price.
      How will you spend your 100 million.
      What book you read recently.
      How will commodity price change during war time.
      How will the option price change if the BSM assumption is not log normal distribution.

Answer Question

Hedge Fund Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CME Group in March 2014.

i originally submitted my resume via the campus drop (i go to a top/target university), and i received email from HR. phone screen and excel test. the entire process was extremely smooth and easy/straightforward. nothing unexpected. read the position carefully. you can usually talk to someone who has worked there or is currently working there to get a sense of the company culture. other than that i would say it is definitely a great place to work and i would consider applying back again in the fall for their full time positions.

got another offer

Trading & Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at CME Group in March 2014.

I had 1 Phone Interview, and we talked for around 30 minutes. They asked basic questions about my leadership skills and a few technical questions. It was a very easy going interview, and we were able to just talk about my experiences.

Senior Analyst, Vendor Compliance and Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at CME Group in March 2014.

I went through 3 phone interviews and 4 in-person interviews which lasted 4 1/2 months from initial phone call to offer. Interviews were similar each time yet each interview was with different departmental leads in which I would be working with (dotted line in the org chart). Interviews were formal so definitely be dressed to impress. They go through TONS of interviews for each opening so find a way to make yourself stand out; I used hand-written 'thank you' notes for each interviewer, personalized business cards, and connected with each interviewer on LinkedIn prior to each interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very generic and often repeated from similar managers almost like they were getting their interview questions from a "how to" book.   Answer Question
    They don't negotiate much at all...too difficult to get a job there so if you get an offer just go with it...they usually offer some of the best salaries in the industry so you won't be disappointed.

Risk Research Team Intern Interview

There were 3 rounds. In the first one, a woman graduated from MIT mathematics PhD asked questions from basic mathematics to programming skills. The second round I was asked about derivatives concepts and models. The last was about the market perception . Majority of the questions were technical and relative to my resume, and very few of them were behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to write codes on paper for a small project in different programming languages.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

one time interview, last for 3 hours. interviewed by 2 persons
    most questions focused on past experience.
    some technical questions: 1. C++ data structure 2. greek letters and option pricing model 3. portfolio return calculation 4. term structure model 5. some derivatives product definition
    they also introduce a lot about the group and position

Interview Questions
    • Greek letters and option pricing model
      ODE closed solution derivation

Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CME Group.

Met them first at a campus career event and they caught my interest. The first interview was over the phone because I was unable to do it on campus during the event. Then invited me to an onsite interview in their Chicago office. They put me up in a nice hotel and, for those that it matters to, got my reimbursed for the trip really quickly. The interview process took around 4 hours, had 4 separate interviews, 2 interviewers per interview. One was a code architecture exam, a coding question where they put you at a computer and give you a problem, one behavioral, and one general problem solving interview. They also had lunch and a brief of tour of their trading areas. They got back to before the end of the week with the outcome of the interview. At just about every stage I felt they acted professionally.

Interview Questions
    • How many shortest paths are there in a NxK grid from one corner to the opposite corner.   Answer Question
    I told them about my other offers and asked that they could match their salary, and they got close. After factoring in their other benefits CME was offering me a lot more.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source – interviewed at CME Group.

First round is writing exam,basically about mathematics and programming. Typical questions on probability and some brain teaser questions were asked. It's better to have overview on C++ or matlab for the programming questions.

Rotational Analyst Interview

Resume Drop through campus recruiting. Received email for interview a week later.

Software Engineer I Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CME Group in September 2013.

Through campus hiring. On-campus interview and then on-site in Chicago. I enjoyed the process which included a tour of the trading floor. Interviews are a mix of technical and fit questions.

Interview Questions
    • I had one non-software related question: How many people in the U.S. smoke?   Answer Question

It was a strong offer, and I enjoyed the culture but I ultimately decided to go elsewhere.