CME Group

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.6

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CME Group in July 2013.

Hr interview over the phone consisting of standard questions. Face to face in one of their Chicago offices. Was a 2 hour interview with numerous managers. Everyone that interviewed me was very articulate. From my 2 hours of exposure it appeared as though they had a strong teams.

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CME Group.

Email from admin to set up a phone screening. Basic phone interview going through my background, what I was looking for, what the position consists off, etc. Phone call a few days later setting up a face to face interview.
    Interview with executive director, very informal and relaxed. Interview with two directors that went through my background and transcripts and asked some behavioral questions. Lunch with two staff auditors.

Interview Questions
    • Name a problem you had recently and what you did to solve it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at CME Group in May 2013.

Just go through the resume,they are very nice

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CME Group.

2 Rounds of Interviews. Technical round of interview included Java, Web Development questions. Question comparing different Data Structures. Second round of interview consisted of Fit/Behavioral questions.

Software Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CME Group in April 2013.

Applied at career fair and got a phone call a few weeks later. They asked questions about the fundamentals of programming, SQL and a bit about futures and derivatives.

Interview Questions
    • Not really. Asked about abstraction, encapsulation and polymorphism. And about SQL joins and constraints.   Answer Question
    Possible to negotiate if there's a valid reason

Market Risk Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CME Group.

Get someone working there get my resume to the hiring manager. A week later a HR person called me. The next day got the confirmation to come to Chicago HQ for a face-to-face interview.

Intern Interview

The interview process was as follows: resume drop, phone interview, and then two rounds of in-person interviews. I made it to the second to last interview. I found the interviews to be pretty relaxed. It obviously helps a lot if you know someone currently working at CME. There were a lot of applicants for the position.

Interview Questions
    • There were some specific questions about financial modeling in Excel   Answer Question

Director - Risk Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CME Group in March 2013.

1. Hiring manager was late (15 min) for the call
    2. Had no real background in commodities other than some quantitative studies - pretend as he knew it
    3. couldn't look beyond my prior jobs and see what holistically I can offer the orgnization
    3. was brief answering my questions regarding the group and the role - almost focused on how the role is really about helping him get more visibility in the orgnaization

Software Engineer I Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CME Group.

Started with an On Campus interview with basic technical questions and one programming white board question. Followed by an invite to an on-site interview. The on-site was composed of 2 HR style interviews and 4 technical. The technical were much more difficult then first interview mostly involving white board for writing code, design and answering questions.

Interview Questions
    • The database and web design part was the most unexpected. Included a lot of different parts.   View Answer

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Interview process was pretty standard. I had an initial phone screen with the HR recruiter, then went in for first round interviews. I interviewed with 3 different people and then had lunch with some of the team members. Lunch turned out to be another interview because I was getting bombarded with questions. Then I was called back for a second round and met with another 3 individuals. I got an offer a few days later. Pretty painless.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. The interviews were all behavioral.   Answer Question

The package was pretty competitive but I was looking for more incentive to jump ship.