CME Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Director Interview

Associate Director
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CME Group.

Interview Details – Interview process was pretty standard. I had an initial phone screen with the HR recruiter, then went in for first round interviews. I interviewed with 3 different people and then had lunch with some of the team members. Lunch turned out to be another interview because I was getting bombarded with questions. Then I was called back for a second round and met with another 3 individuals. I got an offer a few days later. Pretty painless.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. The interviews were all behavioral.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The package was pretty competitive but I was looking for more incentive to jump ship.

Lead Analyst Interview

Lead Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CME Group.

Interview Details – who do you know and how well do you know them.....
experience, why are you interested in cme, what do you know about cme, do you have an issue working for someone younger than you? can you handle being yelled at by people losing money, etc....

Negotiation Details – one-dimensional, take it or leave it.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at CME Group in April 2012.

Interview Details – Received a conference call with two executives of the firm, who asked basic questions regarding previous work experience, course load, and experience in the field. Overall, they were very courteous, albeit a little detached, and gave the impression that they were simply going through the motions (can't say I blame them). All in all, a very standard, run-of-the-mill interview, for which review of typical questions ("Tell us about yourself," "what can you tell us about our company?", and the like) should be adequate

Interview Question – What do you know about our company?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Equity Business Line Management Interview

Equity Business Line Management
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CME Group in April 2012.

Interview Details – First received a phone call from HR recruiter at CME, discussed my current role and why I was looking to move, what type of role I was hoping to attain, and salary requirements. He then called me back about 2 weeks later to set up an interview. I went down to the CME at the Nymex and had a video interview with two managers in the Chicago office.

It went well, was fairly low stress with mostly questions about what my current role involved, and what their group does.

Interview Question – How do you prospect and continue to seek out new business?   Answer Question

Market Surveilance Interview

Market Surveilance
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at CME Group in August 2011.

Interview Details – The experience was proffessional and very informative.

Interview Question – What is your long term goal?   View Answer

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CME Group in May 2011.

Interview Details – Met the HR in one of the info sessions and I forwarded my resume. She got back to me after a week asking me if I was interested. Then had a phone interview directly with the hiring manager (30 mins). I was invited for a 1:1 interview which too was a short, crisp and direct to the point interview. Got the offer after 2 days and ended up accepting it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – CME had standard pay scale. No negotiations.

Rotational Analyst Program Interview

Rotational Analyst Program
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at CME Group in October 2011.

Interview Details – Applied through on-campus interview resume drop. Had a 45 minute behavioral interview with rep from CME. Interview was mostly behavioral. Questions focused on how you deal with people, change and new experiences.
Second round interview is on site and has roughly 6 rounds of 1:1 interviews. Questions were as well behavioral.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you worked with a difficult personality   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CME Group in April 2011.

Interview Details – First is the HR phone interview
Then I go to the company, finishing a 2.5 hour data test, then giving a half an hour presentation about the data test. The QA section.

Interview Question – ask me what do i think of my data test?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Accounting Intern Interview

Accounting Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CME Group in April 2011.

Interview Details – I first got an email regarding an interview. Then I interviewed in the office with three different people. It wasn't panel though. The nicest interview I have ever had. I never met people so nice and relaxed while interviewing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – None. Whatever you put on the application while applying is what you get.

Staff Auditor Interview

Staff Auditor
Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CME Group in April 2011.

Interview Details – I received a phone call on a Sunday afternoon to schedule a phone interview for later in the week. I completed the phone interview and was invited to do a in house interview. During the in house interview, I completed a one on one interview first and then a group interview with two people. Afterwards, two staff auditors took me out to lunch as an informal way to introduce me to the company. They said they didn't have any say in whether or not I got hired unless I did something really stupid. It was a great way to end the interview and leave on a positive note.

Unfortunately I was not given an offer but on top of that, they were unwilling to let me know I was not selected. I waited three weeks before I eventually called/e-mailed them for an update. It took them a total of five weeks before they ever said another word to me.

Interview Question – Have you ever gotten a C?   View Answer