CME Group

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Junior Reporter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CME Group in October 2009.

I applied online for the position. I was initially contacted by the Recruiter through email and we scheduled a phone interview through email. The phone interview was a set of simple questions mainly dealing with my interests. Afterwards, an interview before a panel was scheduled. At this interview the questions were average interview questions. When done we viewed the trading floor. Some of the faults I believe I had was that I was not dressed properly, meaning no suit jacket. I also was overqualified for the position as I had a bachelor's and it required a high school degree. I believe they saw me as not being a permanent holder of the position and that is what was wanted.

Interview Questions
  • What interested me in working in finance as opposed to something such as economics or mathematics?   Answer Question