CME Group Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CME Group (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Recruiter had contacted me first and screened profile for 20 minutes. Later arranged a phone interview with Director Had two Phone Screen for 30 mins, followed by an onsite interview for 5 hrs.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to win a difficult stakeholder over to accept the project change that will affect his/her department. How did you do it Describe a time when you were in a project where change happened constantly without any change control to requirements. How did you deal with this situation and how did you overcome the associated challenges? Describe a time when you had to deal with stakeholders at all levels of the organization. How was the message different?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CME Group

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

Was called by a recruiter from the CME Group, discussed the position and my background and my availablity for a phone interview. I went through the 1/2 hour phone interview with the manager of the group, went well. I came in for the interview with the manager and 5 other people, which took about 3 hours. Some of the people were laid back and some were very judgemental and rude. The huge disappointment was that I followed up with the recruiter and the manager and never heard back, which I found to be a bit unprofessional and arrogant. From reading other comments, that seems to be there MO, which is quite inconsiderate. I actually found I didnt get the job because someone else updated there linkedin with the job title.

Interview Questions

• it was typical questions, explaining background and why your interested   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CME Group in July 2013.

Interview

Hr interview over the phone consisting of standard questions. Face to face in one of their Chicago offices. Was a 2 hour interview with numerous managers. Everyone that interviewed me was very articulate. From my 2 hours of exposure it appeared as though they had a strong teams.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at CME Group (Chicago, IL) in March 2010.

Interview

I received a call from HR after an employee turned in my resume. I first had a phone interview with HR that consisted of going over my resume. I was scheduled to have a face to face interview with HR and the hiring manager. The HR person asked me some behavioral questions about my previous experiences. I then meet with the hiring manager and another PM within the same group. Again it was a combination of reviewing my resume and behavioral questions. After a couple weeks of phone tag I finally got an answer from HR saying they were interested in me but couldn't make a decision at this point in time. I never heard back from them and found out they hired within.