CME Group

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CME Group.

Interview Details – Email from admin to set up a phone screening. Basic phone interview going through my background, what I was looking for, what the position consists off, etc. Phone call a few days later setting up a face to face interview.
Interview with executive director, very informal and relaxed. Interview with two directors that went through my background and transcripts and asked some behavioral questions. Lunch with two staff auditors.

Interview Question – Name a problem you had recently and what you did to solve it.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CME Group in April 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by in-office interview, if applicable.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not attempt to negotiate.

Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CME Group in April 2011.

Interview Details – I received a phone call on a Sunday afternoon to schedule a phone interview for later in the week. I completed the phone interview and was invited to do a in house interview. During the in house interview, I completed a one on one interview first and then a group interview with two people. Afterwards, two staff auditors took me out to lunch as an informal way to introduce me to the company. They said they didn't have any say in whether or not I got hired unless I did something really stupid. It was a great way to end the interview and leave on a positive note.

Unfortunately I was not given an offer but on top of that, they were unwilling to let me know I was not selected. I waited three weeks before I eventually called/e-mailed them for an update. It took them a total of five weeks before they ever said another word to me.

Interview Question – Have you ever gotten a C?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at CME Group in April 2010.

Interview Details – 8am-2pm interview. Met with HR first about benefits, then audit manager, then out to lunch with two associates, then met with two directors.

Interview Question – Characteristic of an auditor   View Answer

Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CME Group in October 2008.

Interview Details – First interaction was with an individual from the department who visited the university where I was attending. About 1 week later I received a phone call asking to come to the office for a second interview. at the second interview I met with management and human resources for a total of 3 separate interviews that date. lunch was included with other staff auditors.

Interview Question – Describe your experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No. Attempted negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at CME Group

Worked for CME Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CME Group Staff Auditor interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by CME Group employees and interview candidates.