CNA

2.8

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Two 30 minute phone interviews, first with HR and then an actuarial student. They were very enthusiastic and encouraging, asking normal behavioral questions.

Final round interviews in the home office. Three 30 minute interviews, one each for company fit, technical and analytical skills, and business acumen. Be prepared for non-stop grilling in the technical interview. Have technical school or work projects that you can talk about extensively.

Very positive experience overall.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the most difficult team member you have worked with and what your project result was.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Standard behavioral questions with focus on the particular job and skills associated with it. Great interview process from the first screening to the offer.

Human Resources Consulting Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CNA.

Found the job through a search firm. They handled all the details and negotiation. CNA uses a firm for all the HR jobs because Talent Acquisition is a joke. Interviewed with a blend of HR and business people. The CHRO is an odd duck. She had a blank stare on her face the whole meeting. I had my doubts about the job after meeting her but my future boss told me not to worry about her. She's apparently always like that.

Interview Questions
    • None really. They call their HR BPs "generalists" so it was a bit of a throwback to hear that term as they described the role.   Answer Question
    I got WAY more than I expected. Six figure salary, 15% bonus, signing bonus and a guaranteed bonus for March.

Data Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CNA in July 2012.

Applied through company website. Phone interview with recruiter was quick and easy consisting of mainly past experiences/ technology knowledge although I was asked to visit the office in LESS THAN 24 HRS, which was the only option presented to me. On-site interview with manager and supervisor was interesting. Consisted of vague/confusing behavioral questions. Also they were interested in coding/programming experience (the supervisor had a CS degree) which didn't parallel my skills.

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CNA in June 2012.

two rounds of interview, consist of a phone interview with the hiring manager and on-site interview. Everything seems to work perfect, as both feedback from the recruiter and personal feeling.

However, there is no more response from the company!?

Interview Questions
    • very straightforward questions in both technical and behavior.   Answer Question

Senior Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at CNA in June 2012.

Interviewed separately in the Managers and VP's offices. Questions were relatively easy. There was no STAR method. They just went over your resume and you pretty much try to sell yourself. Somewhat uncomfortable.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CNA in April 2012.

n/a

n/a

Actuarial Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at CNA in September 2011.

It was a standard interview - mainly behavioral. The interviewers were young and pretty much read the questions right off the page. I get the impression this company is looking for "young with exams.". If you don't fit that prototype, you may have a hard time getting a job. Come prepared to tell short stories about about many different situations ranging from teamwork to overcoming obstacles. Hope this helps.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to persuade someone to agree with you in order to complete a project.   View Answer

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CNA in September 2011.

Friendly, business like, interesting discussion.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you looking to join a smaller company?   View Answer

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at CNA in January 2010.

Posted on line for the position, interviewed with three persons from the company was strung along as this job and other jobs that I have interviewed for where given to internal persons.
    I have applied several times only to be disqualified for unkown reasons
    I have follows up with the hiring office and even though I was told I would get feed back about the interview I received none