CNA Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at CNA Corporation

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CNA Corporation.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted soon after. The overall hiring process was very slow-about 3 months. The interview was a full day event where I interviewed with three different divisions (not necessarily having anything to do with actual position applied for). Interviews were one on one with research team leaders and one vice president. I gave a seminar presentation (1 hour).

Interview Questions

• Can you work on teams? Do you know data-mining? Are you interested in the field program?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Interview

Took about 3 months. HR was awful, they kept spelling my name wrong, even the HR person who interviewed me didn't seem happy about the company (soon after I started she had left anyway). Had a day long interview where I spoke with multiple people and gave a job talk on my graduate school research. A very rude person in the room asked who recruited me after my talk was done. Took a very long time after the interview to get the final offer approved.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. standard behavioral type questions were asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Senior Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CNA Corporation (Alexandria, VA) in August 2012.

Interview

I had a phone interview and then I was brought in for an in-person interview. The process was fine and I liked interviewing with the research staff. The only issue is that the process took a really long time. I submitted an online application in May or June and it took them 2 months to get in touch with me. I'd totally forgotten about the company and that I had applied for a position there.

Interview Questions

• They just asked general questions - why CNA, how my experience would contribute to their work, what my background and skill set was, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CNA Corporation (Washington, DC) in April 2012.

Interview

From start to end (no offer) the process took about 3 months. The HR person handling my case was not very cooperative and not really professional. He would only reply to emails when he wanted to. After sending all the required documents HR asked for, and they were a lot, I got an email from the same HR person about starting the process from scratch. After I contacted him explaining that we had been through this already he didn't know what he was doing and asked me to reapply anyways. Didn't seem to really know what was going on. Finally I was invited to a full-day interview which followed the style of interviews at research universities. Several 1-on-1 interviews and a presentation. Everybody there was nice, except for the HR person who was really full of himself. I really laughed when he told me that although I have a PhD he will never call me a doctor unless I had a MD degree. He was intimidating and out of line. Another way CNA showed how unprofessional they can be, the future boss never showed up to my presentation although he was in the office next door. He showed up for the lunch and that was it. This is when I decided that I probably don't work there anyways.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CNA Corporation (Arlington, VA) in March 2011.

Interview

Interviewers had not read my CV and had no insight into what projects I might receive. It simply wasn't a good match.

Interview Questions

• There were not any difficult questions. The interview was just more of a conversation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at CNA Corporation (Alexandria, VA) in March 2011.

Interview

No one had read my resume, and there was no input into what projects I might get to work on. Nobody seemed very happy to be working there, and no one thought that they had any influence on making any government agency run better. It was a terribly disappointing experience. The people who worked there seemed genuinely surprised that I was interested in policy questions, as none of them seemed to be.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Every interview was simply a conversation.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at CNA Corporation in June 2008.

Interview

Interviewed with several analysts in one day. Heard back in a few days and was made an offer- negotiable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiable.