CNA Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.9

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CNA (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR, then a series of in-person interviews all in one morning. HR was disorganized and some of the scheduled interviews didn't happen because of scheduling mistakes. I was asked hundreds of redundant "personality" questions. After the interview, I was asked to fill out a direct deposit and background check form, only to be later rejected weeks later. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Please list a difficult situation you encountered and how you handled it. (Repeat 100 times)   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at CNA.

Interview

organized.
    4 back to back interviews in person.
    basic behavioral questions and elaborated past xperiences
    all interviews were 1 hour each that consisted of similar questions. managers were laid back and answered questions with passion.

Interview Questions

• walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Negotiation

strict

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CNA.

Interview

I first received a phone interview which went into detail about the position and they asked a few behavioral questions. I was then asked to do an in person interview the following week. The in person was a meeting with two people, an HR specialist and the branch director. The HR specialist was very nice and easy to talk to. I had a great conversation with her. My problem was with the branch director from the moment I sat down for the interview I knew he didn't want to be there. He only asked me one question about how much I knew about surety bonds and explained to me why he's not happy with his job. That was a bit of downer and nobody wants that in their interview. I got a call a week later saying I didn't get the job, but was a very competitive candidate. At least they let you down easy.

Underwriter Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CNA.

Interview

I mainly dealt with an internal HR specialist who was my best friend until I didn't feel comfort providing documentation confirming my salary, my word all of a sudden wasn't good enough. After I received an offer I told them I would need few days to consider, which made them very angry and told me my offer will expire in 3 days if I don't accept.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember specific just generally about why I wanted the job.   1 Answer

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CNA (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied and was called later for an over the phone interview. I then went to their headquarters in Chicago for a series of three interviews. They were slightly repetitive. The interview consisted of a lot of behavioral and situational questions. It was one of the more intense interviews I've had. Each one was about 25 minutes.

Interview Questions

Because I got an offer where I wouldn't have to relocate.

Commercial Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CNA (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone processed was quick and thorough. Very professional from hr person in Chicago. Passed phone interview, and HR person referred me to the underwriting director, said I will hear from him in a few days. I never did. After multiple phone calls, and emails, no follow up from HR person.Follow up is terrible. It just so happened, this same HR person had referred me back in October of 2014 for a 2nd interview and I never heard back. Glad I have a job and was not waiting on this one possibility. I was trying to relocated to FLORIDA.

Interview Questions

• Underwriting experience-behavioral interview.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CNA.

Interview

I received a phone interview, and then they moved on to other candidates. I assume it was because I was asking for too much in salary for the position. They were offering no more than $32,000 a year for someone (myself) with an insurance license and college degree. I mentioned that the only reason I am asking for more than that is the rent increases in the Denver area, which is a well-known fact. She replied that I will have a very hard time finding more than that with my experience level in the Denver area. I now make 40k, this company doesn't care about their employee's happiness or compensation level. I was insulted that she told me I wouldn't make more than that, and I will never interview for this company again.

Enterprise Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CNA (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

About a 3 hour long process that consisted of 3 30 minute interviews. After the interviews we were given a tour of the office and then were free to go. Each interviewer had a different objective and department they were involved with. Overall a really good environment

EnterpriseProgram Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CNA (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

There was two rounds of interviews. First, I had a phone screen with a recruiter and was asked basic interview questions regarding my background. Next, about three weeks later I was invited to the home office in Chicago Illinois. Here, there was three interviews with different managers. Each Interview was very laid back and conversational.

Interview Questions

• Name your three biggest strengths.
      What leadership experience do you have?
      Why do you want to work at CNA?

Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CNA.

Interview

received a questionnaire 3 weeks after submit the online application and a phone interview after submit the questionnaire,
    questions are general nothing unexpected, which includes 30min behavior questions and 30min tech questions in statistics, about how to deal with missing data, significance and so on
    I make it to the second round interview, interviewer ask specific questions by each term in my resume
    the whole procedure lasts about two

Interview Questions

• nothing difficult up to the second round phone interview   1 Answer