CNA Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.8

Policy Service Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CNA.

I received a phone interview, and then they moved on to other candidates. I assume it was because I was asking for too much in salary for the position. They were offering no more than $32,000 a year for someone (myself) with an insurance license and college degree. I mentioned that the only reason I am asking for more than that is the rent increases in the Denver area, which is a well-known fact. She replied that I will have a very hard time finding more than that with my experience level in the Denver area. I now make 40k, this company doesn't care about their employee's happiness or compensation level. I was insulted that she told me I wouldn't make more than that, and I will never interview for this company again.

Enterprise Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at CNA in March 2015.

About a 3 hour long process that consisted of 3 30 minute interviews. After the interviews we were given a tour of the office and then were free to go. Each interviewer had a different objective and department they were involved with. Overall a really good environment

Certified Nursing Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CNA.

I am in the first phase of the hiring process. Received a call from the HR manager where she asked a few basic questions like most interviews. She then told me she was forwarding my application to the Director of Nursing, DON. It was a very easy going conversation. I will update if and when the DON calls.

EnterpriseProgram Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CNA in February 2015.

There was two rounds of interviews. First, I had a phone screen with a recruiter and was asked basic interview questions regarding my background. Next, about three weeks later I was invited to the home office in Chicago Illinois. Here, there was three interviews with different managers. Each Interview was very laid back and conversational.

Interview Questions
    • Name your three biggest strengths.
      What leadership experience do you have?
      Why do you want to work at CNA?

Answer Question

Predictive Modeling Summer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CNA.

received a questionnaire 3 weeks after submit the online application and a phone interview after submit the questionnaire,
    questions are general nothing unexpected, which includes 30min behavior questions and 30min tech questions in statistics, about how to deal with missing data, significance and so on
    I make it to the second round interview, interviewer ask specific questions by each term in my resume
    the whole procedure lasts about two

Interview Questions
    • nothing difficult up to the second round phone interview   View Answer

Predictive Modeling Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CNA.

Behavior questions. About 20 mins. The interviewer was very nice but I did not prepare for the interview well.I got very nervous in the middle and did not answer the questions well. Got an email two days later that my application got rejected.

Risk Control Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CNA.

The hiring process took about 2-3 months from the time I submitted my resume to the time I received an offer. It started with an initial telephone screen with a Chicago based CNA recruiter. Then, I had an in person interview with a member of the Risk Control team. It took about a month after my in person interview to receive an offer via telephone from the original CNA recruiter that I interviewed with over the phone. After I received the offer over the phone, I received an email with the offer letter and other documents.

Interview Questions
    • CNA is very big on behavioral interview questions   View Answer
    I did not try to negotiate, as the position was an internship and therefore temporary. The offer they gave was decent, but I was making more money at my prior internship.

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Two 30 minute phone interviews, first with HR and then an actuarial student. They were very enthusiastic and encouraging, asking normal behavioral questions.

Final round interviews in the home office. Three 30 minute interviews, one each for company fit, technical and analytical skills, and business acumen. Be prepared for non-stop grilling in the technical interview. Have technical school or work projects that you can talk about extensively.

Very positive experience overall.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the most difficult team member you have worked with and what your project result was.   Answer Question

Underwriter Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CNA in November 2014.

Got an on campus interview at my colleges career fair. Interview was more of just seeing if I would be a good fit in the company, more of just a conversation with a manager. Got a call about a month later telling me that they wanted me to come to their regional interview were they were hosting final interviews. Interview was a rotation of three 30 minute interviews with different hiring managers. Heard back 4 days later about a decision.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest regret?
      How do you maintain your image as a brand?

Answer Question
    I did not negotiate, the salary was very good.

CNA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port St Lucie, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port St Lucie, FL

I applied in-person – interviewed at CNA in October 2014.

Was easy....just normal behavior interviw question... And stuff like that. I apply as Cna and hope they job are no to far from me... To much miles and gas.. The more hard question was to tell them one of my weakness

None