CNA Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.8

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CNA.

Interview

phone screen, in house interview all day. met with 5 people all different titles. HR interview at end.call 1 week later w/ offer. Given 1 week to decide. multiple drug tests. little communication from HR> no negotiation on salary allowed. Showed me offices on interview. stuck me in a tiny cubicle for the last 20 years of my life.

Interview Questions

• if you don't reach your target hit ratio, would you fire yourself?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none, they low balled and were firm

Claim Representative - Commercial Auto Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CNA (Denver, CO).

Interview

First, I did a brief phone interview with a recruiter. Then, a week later I went in for a 'speed dating' interview set-up. There were about 10 managers/interviewers and about 20 candidates. Each candidate spent 3-4 minutes with each interviewer. The time went so quickly that in most cases, the interviewer only had the opportunity to ask one or two questions. All behavioral-based questions -- typical behavioral-based questions: tell me about a time when you gave good customer service.

Interview Questions

• What is the process you go through when making difficult decisions? What is the most difficult decision you've made?   Answer Question

Underwriting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at CNA (El Paso, TX).

Interview

I was contacted by a CNA recruiter who found my resume on linkedin. She asked me to apply for various underwriting positions because my skills matched them. I applied and a few days later she called and asked me about an hours worth of in depth questions which I amswered truthfully. She called the next two days with more questions from the hiring manager. By the end of the week I was scheduled for face to face interviews with several people at their Hub office. Prior to the interview they had me complete a HR hire packet online as well as some testing. When I arrived to my interview, the first person I was meeting with was 30 minutes late and forgot they had an appointment with me. During this interview things went well and were enjoyable. Talked about CNA, the department, and my background. When the second interviewer came in, they brought another party into the room to grill me and humiliate me. The entire time I couldn't speak because this person interrupted me and mocked me. I felt so disrespected. It was like they were playing mind games and really trying to get me to mess up. Then comes the third or now fourth interviewer who was sweet and did the same thing the first interviewer did. After that I met with what I am guessing the manager of the entire office and he was just as nasty as the others I mentioned. It was almost threatening like. Basically I couldn't wait to get out of that place. So when this was finished I was asked to contact the recruiter and she said they loved me and would contact me at the end of the week. The next day I received an email saying that CNA was going to proceed to hire me. Several hours later I get few more emails saying no I wasn't and following that the recruiter calls and tells me my skill set was too light and they were going with someone else. Awesome! I wasn't going to accept the job after going through the worst interview of my life and wasting 4 hours of my day. The people in that office looked miserable and it wasn't a good fit. It's just wasteful to sit there and grill me for hours on the telephone during the recruitment stage about my skills when you guys seeked me out because of those skills only not to go further because they are so light. Doesn't make any sense.

Interview Questions

• During the face to face interview if you get someone who is arrogant like I did, you should expect mind games to mess you up.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CNA.

Interview

It's a phone interview, there are two rounds. 1. behavioral question: give a example about teamwork experience, 2. technique question: what's overfitting and how to avoid it, what's interaction term, how to clean data, data preparation.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Interview

Standard behavioral questions with focus on the particular job and skills associated with it. Great interview process from the first screening to the offer.

Internal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CNA (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

After being referred by a fellow alumus of Cornell, I had a phone interview that lasted about 45 minutes. I had an initial discussion with a recruiter, who arranged a phone interview with a Director level in the organization. The call seemed to go well, but then i never heard from anyone again. Also, no one responded to my e-mails thanking folks for the interview and inquiring about next steps. A simple clsomg e-mail or response to my inquiries would have been appreciated.

Interview Questions

Interview

Asked about interests within risk management and insurance. Asked about experiences on resume and what did I do and what were my roles

Interview Questions

• It was on the spot during a career fair with other candidates around and lots of people moving. Best to prepare before going in   Answer Question

BA/PM Rotational Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CNA.

Interview

Initially applied through campus recruiting. First interview was with 2 people on campus, 30 min. each. Invited to second round interviews which were about half a day long with 3 30min interviews with different members of senior management. Took almost 3-4 weeks to hear back after that.

Interview Questions

• Fairly simple interview process. Mostly behavioral and trying to understand mutual fit for program.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Human Resources Professional Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at CNA.

Interview

The process was very quick and straight to the point.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult question or questions with interviewing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negiotate.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CNA.

Interview

I interviewed through a campus recruiting event. Had an interview on campus for 1 hour by 2 consecutive interviews back to back. I was then called in for an on-site interview with a total of 3 interviewers within the same day.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to reach a deadline with time constraints   Answer Question