CNA Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CNA.

Interview

I interviewed through a campus recruiting event. Had an interview on campus for 1 hour by 2 consecutive interviews back to back. I was then called in for an on-site interview with a total of 3 interviewers within the same day.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to reach a deadline with time constraints   Answer Question

Application Developer Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Easy interview process, no technical questions really, just general overview of my background in applications development area.

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Policy Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CNA (Reading, PA).

Interview

Phone screen followed by a face to face interview with hiring manager. Mostly behavioral questions about your past decisions. Other questions regarding what you know about the company and why you want the job

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult person. How did you handle this situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was nowhere near the amount I put on the application. HR refused to negotiate. Never experienced anything like it. Almost declined the offer because the recruiter was so rude

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CNA.

Interview

Met at the career fair, applied online, and scheduled an on campus interview.
    One hour interview( talked to each person separately for 30 minutes)

Accounts Receivable Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at CNA.

Interview

When I originally got hired it was through CNA Surety, and I was a collector. My previous insurance background and having a property & Casualty license gave me an edged.

Negotiation

When I was offered my salary it was what I ask for so it wasn't any negotiations.

ARBA Interview

Interview

Behavioral

Claims Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lone Tree, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CNA (Lone Tree, CO) in October 2013.

Interview

CNA hires claims trainees for scheduled classes throughout the year. The recruiting process started in August for a November start date. In early October there was an "open house" with speed interviews scheduled afterward. I was told they had about 65-70 candidates to fill 9-10 spots. The open house is a presentation about the company. Then the group of about 20 is split into two. Each person gets 4 minutes with all 10 managers. Each manager asks one question and they take substantial notes. After that is done they will call back approximately 2 of 3 individuals for a face to face the next day with two hiring managers. This interview is very behavioral based. Having examples of customer service, innovation, priority setting, challenges are needed. The questions are pretty standard. Decisions are made off of the interviews. Getting consistency is difficult because different pairs of people do the face to face interviews simply because of the volume of candidates that are brought on in a very short time frame.

Interview Questions

There is zero room to negotiate the salary, The turnover is high and other opportunities offered more flexibility and salary growth.

Accountant Interview

Interview

Behavior Questions, Campus Recruiting, I have phone interview with new hr in the cna. Couples of behavior questions. Very normal. Appropriately she asked the same questions with my other classmates. I don't know why I couldn't get the offer. I asked my mentors about that, she pointed out that for some reasons they don't like other majors instead of accounting.

Risk Control Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CNA.

Interview

I first heard about CNA at one of my college's career fairs and dropped off my resume at their table. About two weeks later, I was invited to an information session held at the college and invited to register for an interview on campus. The interview was held a week after the information session and lasted a little over an hour. A few weeks later, I received an email from a hiring recruiter and asked to drive to a nearby city where I would have interviews with three different people. This process lasted a little over four hours and I was compensated for the travel expenses. I was contacted a month later by the same hiring recruiter who was just wanting to touch base to make sure that I was still interested in the position. I let her know that I had several other offers that I was considering and would like to know if CNA were interested enough of if I need to pursue the other options. I received a call about an hour later and was offered the position. I was sent an email with the hiring documents attached and I was able to sign the documents and send them back electronically.

Interview Questions

• Both interviews are behavior based interviews and will ask questions that are designed to gauge how you would respond in a given situation. This interview technique is based on the idea that your past actions will dictate your future actions. The majority of the questions will ask you to explain a difficult situation, how you handled it, and what were the results. Keep in mind that these questions are trying to gauge your behaviors so be sure to show the skills in your responses that the job is looking for. I would suggest re-reading the job description before entering the interview and preparing your detailed responses to these skills. Be as specific as possible when answering. Doing research on behavioral based questions and preparing for some of the questions that are provided should help you be prepared for the process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As this was my first job, I did not try to negotiate the salary. The position is entry based and assuming that you make it through the trainee process, you will typically receive a bonus and salary increase. It is possible that you could try to negotiate the salary, but this was a position that I truly wanted and I didn't want to run the risk of them saying no and taking back the job offer.

Program Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CNA in September 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, typical questions where asked. She briefly ran over my resume out loud and you could tell it was her first time viewing it. I answered all the questions and had thought I did well but eventually was told I was under qualified in comparison to other candidates academic backgrounds.