CNA Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2014

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Maitland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at CNA in June 2013.

Recruiter called me for a phone screen and then scheduled me for a 1on1 interview. After a week later I had another interview with the manager of operations. Was supposed to receive feed back from recruiter and next steps but received non.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Maitland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at CNA in June 2013.

Applied online recv'd email for phone interview, then f2f with 2 managers. The f2f interview lasted only 20 minutes where managers seemed sort of interested. I was told that I would recv feedback from recruiter and also they were not sure of how soon they would decide. A month later never heard back and contacted hr recruiter to ask status of interview and position. HR is very unprofessional because to date after 2 months never recv'd a response for position. Mind you the same HR whom I contacted requesting if it was ok to apply for more than one positions and the same person responded immediately but never responded on status of position to date. I am sure by now it is clear I did not get the job but as a large company have some professionalism and contact applicants who took the time to ...prepare mentally, went and have an interview out of their day. Regardless whether it be we are the ones in need.

Interview Questions
    • On your last review tell me some thing you were ask to work on?   View Answers (3)

Law Clerk Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at CNA in April 2013.

East coast office was looking for a law clerk. Interviewed: loved the office, environment, employees, management. Everything was set: just needed to get the paperwork in order. And, of course, Corporate got involved. It went down hill from there. The third party background check company never stopped asking, verifying, asking again... nearly ten years back. Then CNA's Corporate HR management asked me for W-2s to verify my salary from 8 years before. Then they called the previous companies to verify salary information. After more than a month of this, I received an email from the Corporate Director of Employee Relations, Erin Hitchcock, an attorney no less, saying they were no longer pursuing my candidacy. Really? Maybe someone should have told the office who intended to hire me. Or the third party screening company who continued to verify my information. And, a month of intensive time spent by corporate and a third party screening company invested on a law clerk position?
    The reason for not pursiung my candidacy was illegal and discriminatory. With ethically compromised corporate management, I would not want to be associated with CNA. I feel sorry for those who work there and are at the mercy of inept CNA leadership.

Interview Questions
    • Please explain the discrepancy between your stated 2008 salary (in 2013) and that of your W-2 reported earnings?   View Answer

I was offered the job by the east coast office. Corporate opted to not pursue my candidacy. The salary was VERY LOW, but I liked the people in the office and wanted experience. Once I had dealings with corporate, I knew I would not have been able to work in such an ethically-challenged organization.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at CNA.

I approached them at the career fair on campus and I was asked to do a 30-minute telephone interview. Once passed, they invited me for home office interview which consisted of three 30 minutes interviews.

All questions were behavioural in nature. Definitely make sure you can quote examples that can highlight skills such as teamwork, solving difficult problems, leadership etc. Interviewers can be intimidating and the interview can be rigidly structured. Quite bland, to be honest as I didn't get a sense that they really want to have a conversation to see if I fit into the team. Not surprising because I didn't get to interview with my team, not even my hiring manager.

Human Resources can be slow at time to respond to candidates and the experience can be somewhat frustrating. I can understand that HR maybe waiting for the manager's decision but they should not ignore candidate's email. I've gotten to know some other CNA HR folks who were fantastic. So, perhaps the HR person I was interacting with was just so-so.

After several weeks, they finally called with a decision and I accepted their offer.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at CNA.

Applied through company website. Initial interview by the company's recruiter shortly after. Discussed the position and my qualification...got a call back to schedule an in person interview with hiring manager. Typical interview question..tell me about yourself...a few job related scenarios type of questions...what is the biggest risk you've ever taken? lasted 45 mins...got a call back with an offer.....

Was able to negotiate - got $3K more than the inital offer

Policy Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CNA.

Phone screen followed by on-site interview. Behavioral questions about leadership, communication, challenges etc. Name a time...

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to work with a difficult person. How were you able to persuade them?   View Answer
    Not much negotiation. Asked for a specific number and was pretty much told to take it or leave it

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at CNA in November 2012.

Began with an on-campus interview for recruiting at my school with about 10 other applicants. I did 30 minutes in one room with a current underwriter who asked mostly behavioral question, and then switched to another underwriter and did another 30 minutes of behavioral questions. They both told me about the organization, their specific positions and what they thought the program was about. I didn't hear from them for a few weeks and then I got a call saying they wanted me to interview for super day. I went to the downtown office and there were 8 applicants interviewing for 4 different trainee locations. I met with VPs from the other cities and they were really curious to see if I had the right type of mindset for the job. I met with 4 different managers for 30 - 45 minutes a piece and then headed out.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be an underwriter? What do you know about commercial insurance?   Answer Question
    Not much negotiating on my end. It was a very good offer.

Data Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at CNA in July 2012.

Applied through company website. Phone interview with recruiter was quick and easy consisting of mainly past experiences/ technology knowledge although I was asked to visit the office in LESS THAN 24 HRS, which was the only option presented to me. On-site interview with manager and supervisor was interesting. Consisted of vague/confusing behavioral questions. Also they were interested in coding/programming experience (the supervisor had a CS degree) which didn't parallel my skills.

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at CNA in June 2012.

two rounds of interview, consist of a phone interview with the hiring manager and on-site interview. Everything seems to work perfect, as both feedback from the recruiter and personal feeling.

However, there is no more response from the company!?

Interview Questions
    • very straightforward questions in both technical and behavior.   Answer Question

Senior Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CNA in June 2012.

Interviewed separately in the Managers and VP's offices. Questions were relatively easy. There was no STAR method. They just went over your resume and you pretty much try to sell yourself. Somewhat uncomfortable.