CNA

CNA Underwriter Trainee Interview Questions

3.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CNA in November 2012.

Began with an on-campus interview for recruiting at my school with about 10 other applicants. I did 30 minutes in one room with a current underwriter who asked mostly behavioral question, and then switched to another underwriter and did another 30 minutes of behavioral questions. They both told me about the organization, their specific positions and what they thought the program was about. I didn't hear from them for a few weeks and then I got a call saying they wanted me to interview for super day. I went to the downtown office and there were 8 applicants interviewing for 4 different trainee locations. I met with VPs from the other cities and they were really curious to see if I had the right type of mindset for the job. I met with 4 different managers for 30 - 45 minutes a piece and then headed out.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to be an underwriter? What do you know about commercial insurance?   Answer Question
Not much negotiating on my end. It was a very good offer.

Other Interview Reviews for CNA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CNA in January 2012.

Called for a phone screen, later followed by a phone interview with HR. This moved to an onsite interview with 6 various people from the company (low level managers to department heads to VPs). After the interview was asked by HR to fill out an online survey. After about a week, received an email saying that I would not be asked for an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CNA in December 2011.

Met a guy at a career fair, weeks later I got an email or call to schedule a phone interview. Passed that (basic questions about resume). Went to office in Dallas for an interview. It was three 1:1 30-minute interviews. Mostly behavioral questions, but also asked about experiences with problems.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had a conflict with another person   Answer Question