CNH Industrial N.V.

Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Development Purchasing Specialist Interview

Product Development Purchasing Specialist
Burr Ridge, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at CNH Industrial N.V. in December 2012.

Interview Details – Great experience, I applied and interviewed within 2 weeks, The complete team interviewed and all of them were outstanfding

Interview Question – What do you do when a supplier is your only resource for a product and wants to raise prices by 40%. Resourcing is not an option. You are being instructed to not take a price increase.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – the offer was a good offer, I had something else working at the time.

Electrical Product/Component Development Engineer Interview

Electrical Product/Component Development Engineer
Burr Ridge, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CNH Industrial N.V. in May 2012.

Interview Details – Overall I am very satisfied and happy with interview process. HR was excellent and she was quick. She got all the process done on time and without any problem. If you are good, and if you do your home work and prepare well. The job will be yours.
1. Applied online
2. One week later - HR called after pre-screening by the computer. She asked some questions related to the job like why am I leaving the current job? Salary? What is my expectation? Why did I apply for the job? Availability? Visa details? Skills that will match the job?
3. Next day after HR's discussion(my available time) - Hiring Manager called and discussed almost everything in the resume(mine is a long resume). Be thorough with every word in your resume and be sure of what you talk and the know your skills well. Have some examples ready for everything in your resume and be clear. Asked questions to the manager and show your involvement to the job and understand the job profile.
4. Week after Manager's discussion - On-site interview with 4 people. 1 HR 1 Hiring Manager 1 Team lead 1 Product Manager from another team. Complete "SITUATIONAL/BEHAVIORAL QUESTIONS". Just google situation questions and you will get the full list. Prepare well with answers and make sure you have example for almost every question and try to quote the example from your recent experience. Professional example is better and the answers should have technical details included in it.
5. Offered the job 2 days later(Interview was on Friday morning - Monday morning I was offered the job).
Hope this helps... Please post your questions if you have any, I will try to help

Interview Question – Situational Questions   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I had other offers with better package so had to decline the offer.

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Burr Ridge, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at CNH Industrial N.V. in April 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for several engineering positions online. I was contacted only hours after applying by a company recruiter via email asking when I would be available for a phone interview. I was also contacted the next day regarding another position I had applied for. I was very impressed with the quick responses from HR. I had 2 phone interviews with 2 separate recruiters. One was nice and cordial, the other seemed to have a bad attitude. They were both pushy when asking about salary, a big turn off for me considering I didn't have a full understanding of what the job entailed or what the benefits package would be, if relocation would be covered, vacation time, etc. Salary was on the low side for me, also found out later the benefits were less than I was already getting at my current job. I was asked to interview in person for one of the jobs I applied for. The hiring manager showed up 20 minutes late gave me a tour of the facility. Offices were cube farms with no windows. The manager then bored me to death with business structure, org charts, etc. and then started asking me with questions with only 10 minutes left before the next person was to interview me. Questions were related to my previous experience, and the usual where do you want to be in 5 years, why should we hire you, etc. The next interviewer asked behavioral questions, tell me about a time when,,,,,, the next interview after that consisted of where did you go to school?, what sports teams do you like? That part of the interview was a bit of a joke but I think he was just trying to see how personable I was and if I would be a good fit for the group. In the end no offer was made. I have the skills and experience necessary and think the job would have been interesting and a good fit for me but also didn't think I prepped enough for the interview and wasn't ready to answer some of the questions.asked. It's been awhile since I last interviewed for a job and I forgot how stressful it can be, especially the behavioral questions. I would often think of good answers to their questions after the interview was over because thinking up specific instances on the spot didn't always come to mind during the interview.

Interview Questions

Chief Engineer Interview

Chief Engineer
Burr Ridge, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CNH Industrial N.V. in April 2009.

Interview Details – HR interview, Project manager review, VP reviews

Interview Question – Where would you like to be in 5 years?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Grade level and title was not a positive career growth opportunity. More or less a lateral move.

Mateials Management Interview

Mateials Management
Burr Ridge, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at CNH Industrial N.V. in August 2010.

Interview Details – Panel interview, as well as, white board interviewin, writing down key points/aspect of the job I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a successful cost save?   Answer Question
  • What questions would you ask the person who is training you? Why would you ask those questions?   Answer Question

Worked for CNH Industrial N.V.? Contribute to the Community!