CNH Industrial N.V.

CNH Industrial N.V. Engineering Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CNH Industrial N.V. in April 2012.

Applied through company web site and received a phone interview request from the Recruiter. Interview took about 45 mins and was very typical with behavioral questions. Then heard back after 2 weeks for another interview with the department heads. It was such an awesome interview.. little bit of technical questions and behavioral questions. They immediately wanted a face to face interview. Then went to the company 2 weeks latter . Interview with HR and the Department Managers along with the plant visit. Awesome experience and amazing people. One week after the interview got the offer for the job.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about Your self(very typical and very important question indeed)   Answer Question
  • What do you know about the company ?Do you have any experience with Agricultural and Construction equipment?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about 3 strengths you have to do well for this position . Out of these three, which one do you want to work on and why?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CNH Industrial N.V.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burr Ridge, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burr Ridge, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CNH Industrial N.V. in April 2012.

I applied for several engineering positions online. I was contacted only hours after applying by a company recruiter via email asking when I would be available for a phone interview. I was also contacted the next day regarding another position I had applied for. I was very impressed with the quick responses from HR. I had 2 phone interviews with 2 separate recruiters. One was nice and cordial, the other seemed to have a bad attitude. They were both pushy when asking about salary, a big turn off for me considering I didn't have a full understanding of what the job entailed or what the benefits package would be, if relocation would be covered, vacation time, etc. Salary was on the low side for me, also found out later the benefits were less than I was already getting at my current job. I was asked to interview in person for one of the jobs I applied for. The hiring manager showed up 20 minutes late gave me a tour of the facility. Offices were cube farms with no windows. The manager then bored me to death with business structure, org charts, etc. and then started asking me with questions with only 10 minutes left before the next person was to interview me. Questions were related to my previous experience, and the usual where do you want to be in 5 years, why should we hire you, etc. The next interviewer asked behavioral questions, tell me about a time when,,,,,, the next interview after that consisted of where did you go to school?, what sports teams do you like? That part of the interview was a bit of a joke but I think he was just trying to see how personable I was and if I would be a good fit for the group. In the end no offer was made. I have the skills and experience necessary and think the job would have been interesting and a good fit for me but also didn't think I prepped enough for the interview and wasn't ready to answer some of the questions.asked. It's been awhile since I last interviewed for a job and I forgot how stressful it can be, especially the behavioral questions. I would often think of good answers to their questions after the interview was over because thinking up specific instances on the spot didn't always come to mind during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you improved how a process was done.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you worked with someone difficult on a project, how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Where do you want to be in 5 years   View Answer
    • Why are you the best person for the position?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at CNH Industrial N.V. in February 2012.

I applied for a position which was exactly what my skills/background/experience was and I was hoping I would get notice. Two days the recruiter called me and had an interview. Questions were regarding background and some HR like describe a challenge you had and how you overcame it.
    Two days later was called for on site interview. Met with 4 people. 3 technical and 1 HR. Technical people mainly went over background and skills. HR was more focused towards background, examples of working in groups, examples of something I did differently in past etc. They had asked for a technical presentation but when I went they said they did not need it.
    At the end asked HR when I would hear back. They said soon and said this position was specialized so were having difficulty filling it.
    Got and accepted offer 2 days later.

Interview Questions
    • Describe in the past how you have done/implemented something new?   Answer Question
    • Describe when you were critiqued by someone? How did you react and why? What was the critique for.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CNH Industrial N.V. in August 2010.

After the application I got a phone call from the HR department. The lady was very nice and pleasant. It was a simple personality test sort of an interview, asking for conflict management, project management etc. The interview was about 20-30 minutes long. The lady walked through my resume with me and basically asked me to fill her in personally on what she read on the resume. The HR interviewed was followed by a phone call from the Hiring Manager. This interview though not completely technical, was based on how my current project would help me in the job if I were to get it. I was asked to explain my experience in more detailed and technicalities. The interview was followed by a job offer call in about 1 week's time and I happily accepted it. There was a lot of paperwork involved from my side in which I needed their help and the HR department was very thorough and helpful and co-operated fantastically with me.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think your experiences and projects will help you translate you skill in the particular job?   Answer Question