CNO Financial Group Interview Questions & Reviews

2.0

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carmel, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at CNO Financial Group in March 2009.

One interview. I was hired thru a placement agency. There was no negotiations. Two people interviewed me at one time. I was hired with a group of approximately 20 people. Some people did not have a college degree. They now require a college degree for this position, but will accept experience in lieu of a college degree.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions. Although, I noticed that one of the interviewers did not seem to understand my previous job. The interviewer keep asking the same type of questions about my previous work.   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at CNO Financial Group in January 2008.

good company to get experience. joined to get turnaround experience. management making good progress in turning company around after spin off of LTC.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

The process took 1 week - interviewed at CNO Financial Group in April 2011.

phone interview by HR department, followed by a personality test distributed through email, and then finally a one on one interview with the hiring manager

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • What type of management doesn't work well for you?   Answer Question

Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Carmel, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

The process took 2 months - interviewed at CNO Financial Group in August 2010.

Phone interview by HR followed by a situational/behavioral interview by Manager of department. After that meeting with Executive for a second round interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time when you had the opportunity to improve a process? What was the outcome?   View Answer

Pay was too low and the company's culture is very shaky due to recent massive layoffs

IT Department Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CNO Financial Group in January 2010.

The initial communication with Conseco was good and I had a couple of phone interviews before my first 1:1. The 1:1 interview went well lasted about 4 hours and approximately 3 days later I was asked to come up again for a second round of interviews. After this set of interviews again 3-4 hours long, I never heard anything back from the company, even after repeated emails and calls to find out the status.

Flash forward a month and I get a call from Conseco's recruiter who asks me to take time to come in and interview for another position in the company. I agreed and again took time to go to Conseco for a 1:1 session, again lasting approximately 4 hours. After this set of interviews, yet again I heard nothing back and again I have sent emails and left messages requesting a status.

This lack of a courtesy shows how little they value people and their time.

Interview Questions
    • The interview process was normal and there were no difficult questions asked.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at CNO Financial Group in May 2010.

I applied in house and was the best candidate.

Agent Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at CNO Financial Group in March 2010.

Very casual. A recruiting by another agent.

Commission only position

Interviews for Top Jobs at CNO Financial Group

Worked for CNO Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!