CNO Financial Group

Updated Jan 14, 2015
Updated Jan 14, 2015

2.1

Claims Adjuster Interview

The hiring process was horrible.... they kept pushing my start date back.
    A month later and they still did not have my access to the system and wanted me to wait longer to start..... NO SIR.... either I start this week or find someone else.

DON'T QUIT Your job till you actually start there.

Interview Questions
    • General interview questions.... name a time when you had a difficult task how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Project Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CNO Financial Group.

It was relatively quick, I had only one interview. The handoffs through HR and the hiring manager were disorganized. Hiring Manager complained openly about the process. Human Resources representative was chilly and not welcoming.

Interview Questions
    My situation was unique. I shouldn't comment.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

The process took a weekinterviewed at CNO Financial Group in April 2011.

phone interview by HR department, followed by a personality test distributed through email, and then finally a one on one interview with the hiring manager

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • What type of management doesn't work well for you?   Answer Question

Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CNO Financial Group in August 2010.

Phone interview by HR followed by a situational/behavioral interview by Manager of department. After that meeting with Executive for a second round interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time when you had the opportunity to improve a process? What was the outcome?   View Answer

Pay was too low and the company's culture is very shaky due to recent massive layoffs

IT Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CNO Financial Group in January 2010.

The initial communication with Conseco was good and I had a couple of phone interviews before my first 1:1. The 1:1 interview went well lasted about 4 hours and approximately 3 days later I was asked to come up again for a second round of interviews. After this set of interviews again 3-4 hours long, I never heard anything back from the company, even after repeated emails and calls to find out the status.

Flash forward a month and I get a call from Conseco's recruiter who asks me to take time to come in and interview for another position in the company. I agreed and again took time to go to Conseco for a 1:1 session, again lasting approximately 4 hours. After this set of interviews, yet again I heard nothing back and again I have sent emails and left messages requesting a status.

This lack of a courtesy shows how little they value people and their time.

Interview Questions
    • The interview process was normal and there were no difficult questions asked.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at CNO Financial Group in March 2009.

One interview. I was hired thru a placement agency. There was no negotiations. Two people interviewed me at one time. I was hired with a group of approximately 20 people. Some people did not have a college degree. They now require a college degree for this position, but will accept experience in lieu of a college degree.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions. Although, I noticed that one of the interviewers did not seem to understand my previous job. The interviewer keep asking the same type of questions about my previous work.   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at CNO Financial Group in January 2008.

good company to get experience. joined to get turnaround experience. management making good progress in turning company around after spin off of LTC.

IT Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at CNO Financial Group in May 2010.

I applied in house and was the best candidate.

Agent Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at CNO Financial Group in March 2010.

Very casual. A recruiting by another agent.

Commission only position