CONMED Corporation

Updated Oct 21, 2014
Updated Oct 21, 2014

3.2

Engineer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CONMED Corporation.

3 interviews. 1st interview on phone with HR - about half an hour. Generic questions. 2nd meeting via phone with applicable department. 3rd interview on site, half a day, met with 3-4 people variety of levels. Reaching out to a recruiter via LinkedIn is your best way in.

Interview Questions
    Was not able to negotiate fair vacation or pay.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Largo, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CONMED Corporation in June 2014.

Phone screening by in-house recruiter was scheduled quickly, however, she asked many off-topic questions that were beyond the scope of the job. This resulted in an awkward interview that was highly irrelevant to bring competence to the position available. I was told there would be a follow-up at the end of the week or Monday of next week saying "yes" or "no." Needless to say, there was never a call or follow-up.

Interview Questions
    • What experience with design control do you have and what challenges did you face?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CONMED Corporation.

They have an in-house recruiter who will schedule a phone interview first and decide whether to forward you to the hiring manager. Their positions are listed on many career websites and even on their company's website. Starts with phone interview, then face to face, then I believe either another face to face to a visit to their corporate office.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you currently looking? A couple of behavior questions. Pretty straight forward.   View Answer

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CONMED Corporation.

Prior knowledge of company but came to it through a recruiter. I had two face to face interviews with a Regional Manager and flew to Division HQ for face to face with National Sales Manager

Interview Questions
    • What is the most recent expensive purchase that you have made and why did you make it?   Answer Question
    N/A

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CONMED Corporation.

Interview process is quick and relatively easy if they find the individual they are looking for...

Interview Questions
    • Sell your prior products to the VP of Sales... You must have a very clean driving record.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Utica, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Utica, NY

At the time, which was before company went through a total cultural change the interview process was very good. Met with the former HR manager and management. At the time it was a very friendly company that really cared about it's employees which is why I took the position offered to me. I felt very at ease with everyone that I interviewed with. Latter the company took a 180

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very specific to your knowledge of the position you were applying for.   View Answer

RN As Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hagerstown, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hagerstown, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at CONMED Corporation in May 2013.

The hiring process was very lengthy. I was promised advancement during the interview that never occurred once I was hired and oriented.

There was none

Quality Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CONMED Corporation in April 2013.

Had a few phone screens then went on site for a face to face interview. Met with about half a dozen people overall it was a good experience and every was nice. Received follow up in a few weeks overall the process took about 1 month. Most of the questions were pretty straight forward no behavioral interviewing

Interview Questions

I decided to explore other opportunities

Senior Production Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Largo, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CONMED Corporation in April 2013.

Interviewed with 6 people and took 6.5 hrs. Each person was expert in their field. Very professional interview team, with both Technical and General questions. I suggest you bring water bottle with you. You'll be taking non-stop for 6.5 hours. ConMed seems to be a great place to work and I wish I could have joined their team! The Corporate Recruiter is great to work with. Full Disclosures and you'll know what to expect with the phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CONMED Corporation in February 2012.

This company was the extreme level of unprofessionalism that I've seen during the interview process. It started with an email from an overzealous recruiter on LinkedIn. She scheduled a phone interview that went well, then I heard from her about 1 1/2 weeks later saying the hiring manager wanted to meet. They seemed to be in a hurry, so I agreed to meet the very next day at 7:00 a.m. I forgot to mention that the workday is 7:00a.m. - 3:00 p.m. so if you're not an early riser this company is not for you. My interview went well, so I was moved to the 2nd round which is the ride along. I asked about the process and it's as follows: 1) Phone interview with the Recruiter 2) Face to Face with Hiring Manager 3) Ride Along with Rep 4) Interview in Denver with Vice President. Stage 3 is where things got weird. Although my position was to cover the DC territory, my ride along was scheduled with a rep in NYC. So of course, I assumed the company would fly me up. At first, they offered to fly me up, then about 2 days later, they said they thought the train or driving would be better and which would I prefer. I chose the train. This was on a Thursday. The following Monday at about 8:30 p.m. I get a change of plan email from the hiring manager saying that they'd need me to drive up after work and be ready for the ride along at 7:00 a.m. How insensitive?! Being that I'd only scheduled off one day, this would have caused me to have to travel after work, through rush hour traffic not to arrive at my destination to after Midnight. Then, I noticed that the hotel was only for one night, so that meant after riding around all day on almost no sleep, I'd have to fight through rush hour traffic again to travel home.

Of course, not wanting to sound unaccomodating, I slept on it and asked 5 of my closest loved ones for their feedback. They all said the request sounded absurd, and to express concern about driving on such short notice. With this sensible objection in mind, I ask if the ride along could be rescheduled due to the aforementioned concerns. Their response back was that, what I was being asked was not to far from a typical day for a Territory Manager and that they'd decided to explore other candidates. What tools!! This company is unprofessional, and clearly looking for desperate people that will do anything for a job. The salary is only $40k, and I wouldn't bank too much on those incentives they mention because they clearly have budget issues and those could be cut. Run away from this company as fast as you can and consider Stryker or Cyberonics if you want to get with a reputable Medical Device company.

Interview Questions
    • Would you do anything for this job? Would you drive 6 hours after a fulls day's work and be ready for another full day's work at 7:00 a.m.?   View Answer