CONSOL Energy Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2014
Updated Jul 10, 2014

2.1

Section Foremen Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CONSOL Energy in May 2014.

a great company to work for with high regard for it people. They put safety before production and have a lot of valuable time with my family. Pay is great with benefits like no other company around. Consol has been in coal business a long time so they have a great reputation for quality.

Interview Questions
    • I don't have nothing difficult to ask or nor do I have any unexpected questions.   Answer Question
    pay was negotiated and was well pleased.

Completion Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at CONSOL Energy.

they will ask you to come to the office and interview with the human resource and a site manger and then they will decide and give you a call later on

Unprofessional

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Canonsburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canonsburg, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CONSOL Energy in September 2010.

A long process from the interview to the actual hire date. Very thorough. Medical testing more than what I expected. Interview process was very relaxed and comfortable.

n/a

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waynesburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waynesburg, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CONSOL Energy in January 2014.

Standard packet with HR.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Canonsburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canonsburg, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CONSOL Energy in February 2011.

One interview, very laid back, I probably over dressed for it. Got called back about 3 weeks later and was offered the job.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CONSOL Energy in October 2012.

One phone interview and two on-site interviews. Questions were pretty basic and I felt like I had the job after the first on-site interview.

They were willing to negotiate on vacation time but not on starting salary.

Coal Miner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oakwood, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakwood, VA

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at CONSOL Energy.

2 interviews, took a physical, background, drug test

Title Administrator I Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at CONSOL Energy.

I met with a woman from HR, the Director of Land and another title person for the interview at the Canonsburg headquarters. The position was based out of Jane Lew, WV. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. Standard questions were asked, like "What are your strengths, weaknesses..etc."

Royalty Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at CONSOL Energy in November 2011.

Applied to Consol online. Heard back from them immediately and was set up for a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of mostly administrative questions that could have been easily found on my resume. After the phone interview I was asked to come in for an office interview. The atmosphere at the office was very relaxed. The interview was with two managers in the accounting department. They did most of the talking about the position and the history of the company. I was asked to describe the highlights of my previous work experience and what relevant skills I had. After the managers left I had a closing interview with HR that essentially asked the same questions as were asked in the phone interview.

Operations Analyst Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at CONSOL Energy in July 2010.

Very informail interview. Not enough structure. The hiring manager did not have a list of questions to ask and jumped about from topic to topic. The HR representative ran a much more professional, while still friendly, interview.

Interview Questions
    • How many gas stations do you think there are in the United States?   View Answer
    Did not negiotiate, but probably could have.

Worked for CONSOL Energy? Contribute to the Community!