CONSOL Energy

10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Section Foremen Interview

Section Foremen

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CONSOL Energy in May 2014.

Interview Details – a great company to work for with high regard for it people. They put safety before production and have a lot of valuable time with my family. Pay is great with benefits like no other company around. Consol has been in coal business a long time so they have a great reputation for quality.

Interview Question – I don't have nothing difficult to ask or nor do I have any unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – pay was negotiated and was well pleased.

Completion Engineer Interview

Completion Engineer
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at CONSOL Energy.

Interview Details – they will ask you to come to the office and interview with the human resource and a site manger and then they will decide and give you a call later on

Reason for Declining – Unprofessional

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Canonsburg, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CONSOL Energy in September 2010.

Interview Details – A long process from the interview to the actual hire date. Very thorough. Medical testing more than what I expected. Interview process was very relaxed and comfortable.

Negotiation Details – n/a

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
Waynesburg, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CONSOL Energy in January 2014.

Interview Details – Standard packet with HR.

Interview Question – Basic Questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Canonsburg, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CONSOL Energy in February 2011.

Interview Details – One interview, very laid back, I probably over dressed for it. Got called back about 3 weeks later and was offered the job.

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CONSOL Energy in October 2012.

Interview Details – One phone interview and two on-site interviews. Questions were pretty basic and I felt like I had the job after the first on-site interview.

Negotiation Details – They were willing to negotiate on vacation time but not on starting salary.

Coal Miner Interview

Coal Miner
Oakwood, VA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at CONSOL Energy.

Interview Details – 2 interviews, took a physical, background, drug test

Interview Question – I do not recall. It was too long ago.   Answer Question

Title Administrator I Interview

Title Administrator I

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at CONSOL Energy.

Interview Details – I met with a woman from HR, the Director of Land and another title person for the interview at the Canonsburg headquarters. The position was based out of Jane Lew, WV. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. Standard questions were asked, like "What are your strengths, weaknesses..etc."

Royalty Accountant Interview

Royalty Accountant

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at CONSOL Energy in November 2011.

Interview Details – Applied to Consol online. Heard back from them immediately and was set up for a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of mostly administrative questions that could have been easily found on my resume. After the phone interview I was asked to come in for an office interview. The atmosphere at the office was very relaxed. The interview was with two managers in the accounting department. They did most of the talking about the position and the history of the company. I was asked to describe the highlights of my previous work experience and what relevant skills I had. After the managers left I had a closing interview with HR that essentially asked the same questions as were asked in the phone interview.

Interview Question – What do you know about the history of Consol?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at CONSOL Energy in July 2010.

Interview Details – Very informail interview. Not enough structure. The hiring manager did not have a list of questions to ask and jumped about from topic to topic. The HR representative ran a much more professional, while still friendly, interview.

Interview Question – How many gas stations do you think there are in the United States?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not negiotiate, but probably could have.

Worked for CONSOL Energy? Contribute to the Community!