CORT Business Services

Updated Jun 29, 2014
Updated Jun 29, 2014

2.6

Assistant Distribution Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at CORT Business Services.

Three person interview process. Very detailed and honest about the company's strengths and weaknesses. The area and operations managers both had over ten years with the company. Spoke highly of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Did not like that I've had five jobs in ten years. Economy had alot to do with those outcomes. Therefore, I went back to college. This was an accepted answer; no more jobs. I'm looking for a career.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CORT Business Services.

2-3 month process that included Phone interview with sales manager, Drug test, Personality test, Background/criminal check, Conference phone interview with sales and operations managers, In-person interview. Interviews were low-stress and casual. Offer made to me via phone and letter. I did negotiate for a higher base salary.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with multiple demands and clients that all need attention?   Answer Question
    Asked for more money to compete with another offer and they did eventually meet it.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

The process was significantly drawn out and should have been a warning flag towards life at the company. Over the course of 5 weeks I was asked to continuously meet with another person even after meeting with the top decision makers. There are just too many people who want their voice heard and no significant leader.

Interview Questions
    • Please list five adjectives people will use to describe you should they need to eulogize you   Answer Question

In all the interviews there was way too much contradiction. They claim they wanted growth yet they were constantly talking about saving money.

Product Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CORT Business Services in June 2014.

When I arrived at Cort, I wasn't exactly sure I was in the right place. Give yourself some time to find it. After walking in, the receptionist had me fill out a short personality test and some minor paperwork. This took approximately 20-30 minutes. Take your time with the personality test, because you can't really make mistakes. Afterwards someone came out to get me and brought me back to the conference room. She began by telling me a little about the position. After a short while another person came into to also interview me. I thought both people were very nice and really enjoyed the interview. I felt both of them easy to talk to and enjoyed the experience.

Interview Questions
    • I don't feel like any of the questions were difficult or unexpected. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that this company is owned by Warren Buffet.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at CORT Business Services.

entry level position looking for driven , proactive and can work without a lot of supervision

Interview Questions
    If you don't ask for what you are worth, you won't receive

Unix Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CORT Business Services in August 2011.

Interview consisted for 4 individual interviews at the end of which they decide to go with an internal candidate. In this interview scenario, it seemed they were extremely inconsiderate of the candidates (my) time.

1. Phone Screen
    2. Phone Personality / Technical Screen
    3. Technical Screen by person being replaced (He was a contract employee)
    4. In person with VP of Operations

Interview Questions
    • Provide a rough step by step on how you would do a OS / Application upgrade on a RHEL server   Answer Question

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CORT Business Services in January 2011.

One phone interview, one in person interview. The interview was a group interview but it was easy, smooth and I didn't feel any pressure. Everyone in the interview joined in and made the conversation flow very easily.

Rental Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at CORT Business Services in October 2010.

You will first be required to take an assessment test that will help determine if you fit for the position, personality wise. If they deem you a good fit, they will email you and ask for an interview. My first interview was great, I met with the DGM and TSM to talk a bit about the company and the position, then they will ask you a few general sales questions about how you handle difficult customers and sales tactics. After that, I went through about 5 more interviews over a 6 month period. I talked to everyone from the current rental consultants, to the retail sales team, to the sales training manager.

Interview Questions
    • In my experience, none of the questions were out of the ordinary or difficult.   Answer Question
    I was given my asking rate.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carol Stream, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carol Stream, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CORT Business Services in July 2010.

After several phone conversations and several emails about many different positions, the face to face interview consisted of the "good cop" & "bad cop" typical interview questions & a personality quiz. Not too painful, learned alot about the business and structure of the company and was given a offer the following day.

Interview Questions
    • Why would I be interested in this company when I was already making 6 figures,it would be a huge pay cut?
      What do you know about the rental or sales of furniture?
        View Answer
    Not much room to negotiate and the more you sell the more you make

Leasing Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CORT Business Services in November 2008.

I met with HR and answered some very standard questions such as why did you leave your last position. What are your strengths and weaknesses. The checked my references and did look at my credit report. I was then sent to the Department Head. The same wrote questions were asked. I got the feeling I was being hired more on the strength of my resume and my interviewing abilities. No job description was given.

Interview Questions
    • There were none. They all seemed out of a text book   View Answer
    Ask for the vacation time you want otherwise no matter what level you are entering the company at you will get the standard two weeks and they are unwilling to change that once you are hired. Don't ask for too much more than what you were being paid previously. The company is very stingy with salaries.