COWI

Relevance Date Difficulty

Structural Engineer Interview

Structural Engineer
Copenhagen (Denmark)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at COWI in December 2011.

Interview Details – There was just one interview with head of department. No HR interviews.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions, majority of questions were technical, connected to a job position.   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

IT Consultant
Muscat (Oman)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at COWI.

Interview Details – Very easy - they were struggling for people and I fitted the bill. I had one telephone interview and then one face to face (in country) where they offered me the job.

Interview Question – Salary expectations.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Be bold if you think they want you

International Consultant Interview

International Consultant

Interviewed at COWI

Interview Details – The hiring process was a simple one of word of mouth as the job was not advertised. Therefore a friend recommended that I apply for the position and via an email I did. I sent in my CV and it was reviewed. They then contacted my references and got back to me in two weeks time. They then invited me to Copenhagen for an interview which I accepted. They paid the airfare and hotel accommodations. The interview took three hours and I then flew back home. I was then notified that my application was accepted by the country representative in Ghana and a job offer was extended.

Interview Question – All questions were reasonable and expected, there were no trick questions and the panel was very straight forward. Very professional   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiations, basically they offered a package and indicated that it was take it or leave it, so I took it.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Kongens Lyngby (Denmark)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at COWI.

Interview Details – In this case, the job was identified via word of mouth and not advertised. As such I was contacted via email and a CV was sent in. An interview date was scheduled for three weeks later. An interview panel of three mangers including the VP of the division was convened and it lasted 3 hours.

Interview Question – Several questions were asked about the project that I could not answer as I was not there when it was designed but that did not seem to have any effect on the outcome as I was selected for the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was little to negotiate as they made a firm offer that I accepted.

Worked for COWI? Contribute to the Community!