CPA Global Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

3.2

BTO Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CPA Global (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

The hiring process was very easy and relaxing. I had a brief phone interview and shortly after receiving a call asking for a face-to-face interview at their North American HQ. The initial in-person interview was calm and the HR generalist was very easy going. She did not ask any outlandish questions and allowed me to answer to the best of my ability without cutting me short. The second interview was with the actual manager who would be my direct report. Again, the questions asked during the second interview were very focused. All personnel involved during the hiring process were very friendly and answered any questions I had with the utmost honesty.

Interview Questions

• Since my original hire date was almost 7 years ago, it's tough for me to say what the most difficult or unexpected question was during the interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was fairly quick and painless. Their offer was significantly more than what I was making at a prior job along with a very comprehensive benefits package.

Field Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CPA Global (Alexandria, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

I was contacted via email to set up an interview. I met with the hiring manager and the person who was recently promoted from the position I was interviewing for. They asked standard interview questions. I followed up with the hiring manager via email and gave her additional information she had requested to demonstrate my ability to generate leads.

IP Researcher for Microsoft Support Team Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at CPA Global (Noida (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

1) Resume selection
    2) Telephonic round
    3) Reasoning Test
    4) Tech+HR round

I don't knw what to say more, just read below f2f questions and you will get to know about it.

When I reached there, I was asked to summarize a patent and an aptitude question based on English Paragraphs and sentences, basically a reasoning test based on paragraph/sentence understanding.

In f2f round they will drill you about y you want to join in this area? You won't be able to go in software after 2-3 years and this knowledge wil not be useful for softwares etc.
    then dey dived into depth of OS. Like dey first asked which os have u used. I told window and linux. Then dey asked what is difference bw these two?
    I said linux is more secure nd then dey asked but why?
    what is diff bw file structre, security, process management, memory management of these two os, and I was like wtf? We have never gone till this much depth of operating systems? I mean we have used different os, but it doesn't mean we have created an OS.
    Then he asked what is virtual memory, I lost all my confidence and gave wrong explanation. Asked what if our processor doesn't have stack functionality embedded in it?
    also diff bw struct and class in c++. diff bw JSP and servelts in java, and this way it all went in wrong direction and I lost the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Telephonic round was easy. Like they asked
      1) Diff bw adjacency List and matrix
      2) diff bw circuit and message switching
      3) what is the use of sliding window protocol and y it is important?
      4) Diff bw external and internal fragmentation?
      5) best sorting algo and complexity?
      6) diff bw struct and union?
      7) diff bw macro and inline function?
      8) explain what is dynamic programming and divide and conquer strategy.
      9) Operator overloading and is it applicable for strings also?
      10) what is threaded binary tree, phantom deadlock etc

Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CPA Global.

Interview

The Hiring & Interview process was well coordinated by CPA HR Personnel , the hiring process was pretty Straightforward and smoothly driven by the hiring manager. I am satisfied with the way the whole process was driven and conducted by CPA Global.

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CPA Global (Noida (India)) in May 2014.

Interview

CPA Global India's recruitment team is extremely unprofessional and incompetent. They wasted my 5 days in so called interviews for two different teams and after shortlisting, mysteriously their positions go on hold and the recruitment person starts giving excuses and vague answers. Won't recommend this company to anyone.

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CPA Global.

Interview

1) Telephonic interview -technical testing on 2 yrs of exp
    2) Written testing test
    3) Manager's round
    4) HR

Interview Questions

• when you design test case, what should you ask for first and foremost?   1 Answer

Intellectual Property Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at CPA Global in April 2012.

Interview

As the profile demanded the good technical Knowledge, so
    1st round : a patent was given to me, and a separate sheet of question(5), questions were to read the patent and explain what problem it is solving, 2) how is it solving 3) find keywords 4) summarize the invention.

2nd : Technical round_1

panel of three interviewers; asked me my 2 favorite subjects
    it was purely technical, they went to know your in depth knowledge of the subjects.

3rd : Technical Round_2

Person from Higher Management took the interview
    the questions were more of logical or application of technology.

4th: With the Director

why I want to join CPA with this profile?
    u were working as sales engineer, its a glamorous job why do you want to leave it and enter into IP industry?
    checked on my commitment to stay in the company.

Interview Questions

• what is the minimum distance between two metro pillars? state the reason why?
      also, is there any slack in the track (between two metro pillars)?

Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. Though there are higher chances of negotiations for IP researcher.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CPA Global in June 2011.

Interview

Phone interview then in person interview with headhunter. Then a meeting with HR lead. Date and time wasn't very convenient so I warned headhunter that I might be late. This turned out to be true but HR had no flex in time so interview cut short.

Then went totally quiet. No response to emails and telephone messages.

If you take things this far and a candidate gives up time twice, a simple yes/no wouldn't be too much to ask.

Test Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at CPA Global (New Delhi (India)) in February 2011.

Interview

It was well timed and no delays.

recruiter shortlisted my profile and asked for dates.

On the day of interview, the process was:

1) Aptitude Test
    2) Technical Test
    3) One round of interview (2 persons)

Interview Questions

• Asked more about localization as I just started leading that effort.   1 Answer
    • general QA/testing concepts   Answer Question

Patent Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at CPA Global (Noida (India)) in January 2011.

Interview

Telephonic interview with technical and aptitude based question, Technical interview, Aptitude and comprehension and face-to-face, Interview is mainly tilted towards technical side. Telephonic interview with technical and aptitude based question, Technical interview, Aptitude and comprehension and face-to-face, Interview is mainly tilted towards technical side.

Interview Questions

• counters, control system, communication, electronic devices   Answer Question