CPB

CPB Interview Questions

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CPB in May 2011.

I submitted my resume to the CPB website and was contacted the next day by the in-house recruiter. We set up a time to talk a few days later. The recruiter was extremely nice and informative about the organization, people, and culture. She took extra care in ensuring that my expectations meshed with that of the position / organization. With her help, I was set up to interview with the hiring manager the following week.

At the in-person interview, I was extremely impressed with everyone I met. Each person I spoke to (about 6 in all) was sure to offer me something to drink. I know it's a small thing, but just an example of the level of courtesy and professionalism I encountered. The interview was comfortable; the hiring manager asked some interesting and insightful questions...not typical boilerplate, but nothing stressful either. It lasted a bit over an hour.

It's been about two weeks, and they haven't followed up. I assume that they're not interested. It's too bad; I really appreciated the level of professionalism throughout the process. ...and the benefits are fantastic. I'd encourage others to apply.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through your experience and how it relates to the position.   Answer Question

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Long interview, met with several people, very casual, had a good time. They are looking for personality and fit with culture more than anything.

Business Process Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CPB in May 2009.

Initial Interview is a phone interview by HR. The follow up interview was with the hiring manager over the phone. The next interview was in person at the company's offices. Nice offices and conference rooms. You will interview with HR person again, then the hiring manager, then a co-worker, and finally with the department vice president. Each interview is approximately 30-45 minutes and consists of resume review and behavioral questions. The people are all nice and friendly. Following your interview you may or may not have a second day of interviews. I didn't have to come back. HR will follow up with you to get a list of references. They will call your references. There is a background and criminal check. A phone call from HR to make verbal offer followed up by a written offer. They don't negotiate much.

First day includes meeting with HR, IT and your manager. Then you are showed your office. Everybody has an office except for admin assistants. Your place on the ladder is determined by size of office and presence of windows. The company essentially is a good place to work. Lots of people committed to the mission of the organization. Stable work environment if you can learn to accept that information isn't readily disseminated and that there are slow periods.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about public broadcasting, and why do you want to work here.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to deal with a difficult co-worker. What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    Non-existent. It was basically take it or leave it.