CPI International Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2015

2.3

Engineering Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CPI International (Beverly, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

HR emailed me and asked to set up a short phone interview. Very professional, no in depth questioning. We set up a face to face interview the following week. I came in and interview with HR, again just a friendly chat. Then took a tour of the facility with two different engineering managers who oversee two different departments. They were very friendly and didn't ask technical questions at all. I also interviewed with two other design and manufacturing engineers, again just a tour and simple questions. The interview is the same whether it's electrical of mechanical. I think the most difficult question was to describe a voltage divider.

Test Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CPI International (Beverly, MA) in June 2011.

Interview

Interview process with them is not that difficult. Once they call for an interview, you are most likely hired. Before hand they filter your resume very well. They will take you to visit in two different major areas. They might ask you a few questions about different kind of test instrument. And it is a good place learn.

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CPI International (East Palo Alto, CA) in July 2007.

Interview

staffing agency did a phone screen Staffing agency presented my resume to client Client called to conduct their own phone screen Client asked for me to come in in person Client showed me their business and interview me at their Palo Alto, Facility I later requested a tour of their manufacturing facility in Ontario, Canada Client made an offer I rejected initial offer they declined modification because they had to pay finders fee for middle man staffing agency as an excuse I accepted

Interview Questions

• what is your salary expectation   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't like that they wanted me to pay for them to find the right candidate but I thought the raise after 12 months would even things out and I wanted to work closer to home

Intermediate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Georgetown, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at CPI International (Georgetown, ON (Canada)) in September 2011.

Interview

Experience in closing financial periods General questions about past experience

Negotiation

No negotiations

Test Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Georgetown, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CPI International (Georgetown, ON (Canada)) in May 2011.

Interview

Had 2 interviews, one was with HR which was basic stuff about yourself. The second was a technical interview with an engineer and production manager. It involved a basic technical quiz. The position was for an RF test technician, was a fresh grad at the time and had co-op experience with RF testing at a different company.

PCB Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Georgetown, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CPI International (Georgetown, ON (Canada)) in February 2011.

Interview

I applied through an agency. Interview was quick- within 2 weeks. Had a meeting with the manager and then the VP. The offer was made through the agency within the next week after the interview. The process was very easy.

Interview Questions

• They gave me a practical design test and observed my ability to solve.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Georgetown, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CPI International (Georgetown, ON (Canada)) in January 2008.

Interview

I just made a cold call. They told me there is no position for me because of the bad economic situation. But they were very interesting in my research, and they asked me to give a presentation.