CPS Energy

CPS Energy Interview Questions

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at CPS Energy

Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at CPS Energy.

Pay close attention to this. HR will NOT provide you with a benefits list. That is because their benefits suck (compared to other engineering companies). They give you 2 weeks of vacation for the first 7 years, and actually they won't even give you a day for the first 6 months (which you are actually on probation). I pay more for health insurance than my previous company, which I would've known had I been given this list. Make sure you demand information whenever you interview with these scammers.

Interview Questions
    • The interview process is fairly easy, given that they really only target mediocre people.   Answer Question
    I was stupid enough to think that I would get to negotiate later on. Make sure you negotiate before you say yes!

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CPS Energy.

2 rounds one by phone and personal round .

Medium difficulty interview.

Technical questions more on the background and experience.

Negotiation is little hectic

Manager, IT Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at CPS Energy in December 2007.

I was contacted by a recuriter for a Manager, IT Operations. First a phone interview was scheduled which lasted about an hour and half. There was no specific standara format, just questions about different IT areas I had expereince in. Than I received a call for face to face interview. I had to interview three folks including the CIO. The interview was informal talking about how I would deal with issues at CPS Energy, discussing more about strategy. After the interview it took about 3 to 4 weeks to get the final offer, but that primarily due to delay in HR process. I was verbally told early on that they are interested.

Interview Questions
    • How would I improve the datacenter operational strategy?   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiatie much except my vacation time.