CPS Energy Interview Questions & Reviews

3 interviews

2.7

Engineer Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 6 months - interviewed at CPS Energy.

Pay close attention to this. HR will NOT provide you with a benefits list. That is because their benefits suck (compared to other engineering companies). They give you 2 weeks of vacation for the first 7 years, and actually they won't even give you a day for the first 6 months (which you are actually on probation). I pay more for health insurance than my previous company, which I would've known had I been given this list. Make sure you demand information whenever you interview with these scammers.

Interview Questions
    • The interview process is fairly easy, given that they really only target mediocre people.   Answer Question
    I was stupid enough to think that I would get to negotiate later on. Make sure you negotiate before you say yes!

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at CPS Energy.

2 rounds one by phone and personal round .

Medium difficulty interview.

Technical questions more on the background and experience.

Negotiation is little hectic

Manager, IT Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CPS Energy in December 2007.

I was contacted by a recuriter for a Manager, IT Operations. First a phone interview was scheduled which lasted about an hour and half. There was no specific standara format, just questions about different IT areas I had expereince in. Than I received a call for face to face interview. I had to interview three folks including the CIO. The interview was informal talking about how I would deal with issues at CPS Energy, discussing more about strategy. After the interview it took about 3 to 4 weeks to get the final offer, but that primarily due to delay in HR process. I was verbally told early on that they are interested.

Interview Questions
    • How would I improve the datacenter operational strategy?   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiatie much except my vacation time.

Interviews for Top Jobs at CPS Energy

Worked for CPS Energy? Contribute to the Community!