CRISIL Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 14, 2014
54 interviews

3.2

CRISIL Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at CRISIL in January 2012.

Two rounds - one phone round and second was video conferencing... the hiring process took an eternity.. the HR was lackadaisical..... it took about 4 months... rescheduled my interview some 8 times.... the interview can be face to with the directors if you are in the city which has a CRISIL office....

No negotiation possible... HR is like a stonewall

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Ahmedabad (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Ahmedabad (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at CRISIL in September 2012.

Basic fundamental questions from economics,communication skills, aptitude test to check your analytical level...Current Affairs, your view about the same.Analytical problem to solve in minimum time limit, it would be easy if you can explore it in the right direction then also it would gain the rating.

Rating Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CRISIL in November 2011.

Had a written test than a technical round. The technical round was tough. Written test comprised of few basic finance questions. Technical round was about finance fundamentals and some industry specific questions.

Data Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at CRISIL in April 2012.

First they ask us to give an accounts test (basic level test), those who clear acconts test are called for personal interview (here they test your communication skills, logical answers & eagerness to work attitude) & after personal interview they take excel test (to check your technical skills), if you pass all three tests then you are asked to sign a 6 months bond with them.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CRISIL in January 2011.

Excel based test, thereafter a personalize interview.. After this there was an HR interview. The company was on a recruitment drive hence the process dint take much longer. However there would be additional rounds of interview depends on various requirements.

HR round

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at CRISIL in January 2010.

Had 3 rounds - technical, HR and then by the division head which was telephonic. HR team wasn't very prompt and had usually given short notice about all these interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing in particular. However, the interview with division head was not face to face, and he asked several confusing questions - which could have had possible multiple answers.   View Answer
    I joined as a junior. Did not negotiate

Research Analyst Interview

Written test followed by HR interview

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Lateral Hiring, Campus Placement, Entry through CCAP

Try to negotiate for maximum, since salary growth rate is low here, if you join at a low base, you will remain stuck at low base, there won't be any revision in the base irrespective of performance. You might get quick promotions if you are good, but not with significant hikes.

Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Powai, Maharashtra (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Powai, Maharashtra (India)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at CRISIL in April 2014.

I got mail from crisil and was asked to bring the copy of mail to the interview process. In mail CTC was mentioned 1.8 to 3 lakh. i thought as a post grad fresher they will offer 3 lakh bt de offered1.8 lac

Interview Questions
    • There were 3 rounds-aptitude including eassy writing, HR, technical.
      Aptitude questions like biggest bank in terms of assets,what is direct tax,who is d ceo of crisiln all. in short aptitude round was a cake walk.
      In HR round questions like tell me about urself and your projects which you hv done till nw, 5 ratios for SME company, how you will analyse SME company. what is deferred revenue expenditure..
        View Answer

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

I interviewed online - interviewed at CRISIL in March 2013.

To my knowledge there are 3 rounds of interview, however, I was eliminated after the first round, which was a written aptitude test, consisting of three parts:

PART A:
    There were 15 multiple choice questions, testing basic accounting and financial knowledge, followed by 5 multiple choice questions testing logic then a multiple choice General Knowledge section.

PART B:
    Shown a Balance Sheet and a Profit and Loss Statement and asked to identify the 3 major risks.

PART C:
    Given a choice of 4-5 questions of which you select one and write an essay about it.

Interview Questions
    • Cannot recall the exact question but it was asking up to what percentage a certain loan is given.   Answer Question

Worked for CRISIL? Contribute to the Community!