CROSSMARK Event Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

1.5

Event Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CROSSMARK.

Interview was very easy. The questions are really fairly easy. First there will be a phone interview from a recruiter. They will ask you basic interview questions. If you answer the questions well, you will then have an interview with the manager at the store which you will be working. The manager will ask you basically the same questions.

There was none.

Other Interview Reviews for CROSSMARK

Event Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CROSSMARK in October 2014.

I was contacted 3 times in one day by the recruiter who asked me one off random questions each time. Eventually a phone interview with the recruiter was set up for a few days later. The phone interview was pretty generic. She described a the job and the expectations and asked if I would have any issues doing the job as described. It was only at the end of the interview that I was told the specific store I was being considered for. The store was further than I care to travel for a part time job given that I live in an area with many stores within a short radius of my home. I was still offered the job but the hourly wage was much lower than I am used to being paid for in store demos. If you are looking to get experience or are in dire need of a job, their expectations are in line with other marketing companies out there, just with a much lower wage. Definitely try to find out the exact location of the store you are being considered for if you are not willing to travel more than a certain distance. Crossmark does have a policy that they do not allow employees to travel more than 20 miles to a store as they do not pay mileage.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were particularly difficult for an experienced brand ambassador. Here is one question that was asked. "You are sampling Oreo cookies and no one is coming to your demo table. You have everything set up correctly, are being engaging towards customers, there is good traffic in the store but you aren't getting anyone to come to your table. What do you do?"   Answer Question

The wages were much lower than I am used to being paid. I have no problem getting enough bookings to meet my needs at a rate of $4-$5 more dollars an hour than Crossmark was willing to pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CROSSMARK in September 2014.

I loved my interview and hiring process. The gentleman who contacted me from my first inquiry was charming and very easy to work with. He held my hand every step of the way over the phone. I had a lot of questions, since I had never been hired for a "remote" position where I never met anyone in person until after I was hired. The "On-Boarding" process was lengthy - lots of computer time (but I was paid for all of that time very promptly). Overall, I think that it went pretty easily - I felt valued as an employee from the get-go.

Interview Questions
    • My interview felt like I was just sharing who I was with a new acquaintance. Quite easy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at CROSSMARK in September 2014.

The recruiter reached out to me via email. After several phone calls...he was in TX I am in PA...he gave me a link to the application. After filling out the application online we spoke again on the phone. He gave me an interview date and time which happened to be the next day. I asked him a few questions about what the job would entail but got no true answer I also asked if me being a professional with a college degree with a background in accounting would affect my qualifications for this particular job once again I got no definitive answer.

Interview Questions

After doing my research I discovered it was nothing in the way of a true event specialist. It was basically a product demonstrator/sample person I was not interested.

Event Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CROSSMARK.

Very simple phone interview. Was hired basically on the spot as long as I passed all the drug tests and submitted all the proper paperwork. Also you have to complete some online training for the position which takes 4-6 hours. Their normal hiring can take months though and mine was oddly quick.

Interview Questions
    • Getting the drug test scheduled was a bit of a pain as well as having to fax in all the pages. The main office is somewhat slow in processing all the pages.   Answer Question

Event Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CROSSMARK.

I filled out the online app on a lark, and got a phone call the next day. The recruiter interviewed me over the phone, and I was offered the position. The questions were easily answered if you are chatty, and availability seemed the main concern. When I was hired, were were expected to be available Thursday-Sunday, and to work 18-24 hours a week. This has since been relaxed considerably, and the main requirement is that you must be available Saturdays. The 24 hour week is gone, except for the leads, and it isn't guaranteed for them any more, either.

Interview Questions
    • "What would you do if you didn't like the product?"   View Answer
    I had no idea I could negotiate, but I later learned that there was some leeway, and they seemed much more open to negotiation from men that might be of the type they liked to promote.

Event Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CROSSMARK.

Found job through Indeed.com. All applications, assessments, and paperwork was done on line. Didn't meet my supervisor until on the job for 2 weeks. Very simple process. My background contains some sketchy details regarding credit/driving record. This did not impede my hire.

Interview Questions
    • None, really. The personality assessment was the most tedious.   Answer Question
    No Negotiation on salary or benefits.

Event Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CROSSMARK in March 2014.

Paperwork was easy just had to fill out paper work then fax over papers. Just make sure everything ia singend or refax everything. Had to make copies of all the paper work

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CROSSMARK in March 2014.

I have to say it was one of the easiest interviews that I have ever done. It took about ten minutes and was done over Skype. I was asked if I would be available from Wednesday to Sundays from 10:AM to 6:PM and if I had any experience in demonstrating food products.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I had any experience doing demonstrations.   View Answer

Event Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CROSSMARK.

Contacted by recruiter who performed first over the phone interview. pretty straight forward "what would you do in this situation" or "explain a time when.." type questions. Contacted the next day (an hour later than scheduled...) by the "regional manager" who did not ask any questions, just talked about the company. Kind of weird.

Interview Questions
    CROSSMARK DOES DRUG TEST! within 2 business days of job offer.