CROSSMARK Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2015

1.8

Recruiting Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CROSSMARK (Plano, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was simple and informal, which surprised me because it was a supervisor position and not an entry level position. We interviewed in the middle of the cafeteria with the recruiting manager. Did not prescribe with a recruiter over the phone beforehand like most places. She didn't have any questions prepared, just had my resume and asked a lot about my previous experience and how it related to recruiting. She explained the job and what it entails and asked if it would be something I would be able to do which I told her it was. She said I would hear something back within the next week if I got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very basic and all about previous experience.   Answer Question

Recruiting Supervisor Interview

Interview

Simple, quick. They were fair in their questions. The spent the time necessary to develop an honest opinion. Hiring managers took an interest in learning me and the value I can bring, not just looking at the job and seeing if I fit.

Negotiation

Excellent Company. Delivered what they promised.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CROSSMARK (Sacramento, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I loved my interview and hiring process. The gentleman who contacted me from my first inquiry was charming and very easy to work with. He held my hand every step of the way over the phone. I had a lot of questions, since I had never been hired for a "remote" position where I never met anyone in person until after I was hired. The "On-Boarding" process was lengthy - lots of computer time (but I was paid for all of that time very promptly). Overall, I think that it went pretty easily - I felt valued as an employee from the get-go.

Interview Questions

• My interview felt like I was just sharing who I was with a new acquaintance. Quite easy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CROSSMARK (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me via email. After several phone calls...he was in TX I am in PA...he gave me a link to the application. After filling out the application online we spoke again on the phone. He gave me an interview date and time which happened to be the next day. I asked him a few questions about what the job would entail but got no true answer I also asked if me being a professional with a college degree with a background in accounting would affect my qualifications for this particular job once again I got no definitive answer.

Interview Questions

• What does this job entail?   1 Answer
    • He asked no questions. I am the one that asked questions.   Answer Question

After doing my research I discovered it was nothing in the way of a true event specialist. It was basically a product demonstrator/sample person I was not interested.

Event Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CROSSMARK.

Interview

Very simple phone interview. Was hired basically on the spot as long as I passed all the drug tests and submitted all the proper paperwork. Also you have to complete some online training for the position which takes 4-6 hours. Their normal hiring can take months though and mine was oddly quick.

Interview Questions

• Getting the drug test scheduled was a bit of a pain as well as having to fax in all the pages. The main office is somewhat slow in processing all the pages.   Answer Question

Demo Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CROSSMARK (Tampa, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

I Applied on online Through indeed , A Recruiter Called who was very supportive since day one. She talk me about job asked a few questions then set up 1:1 interview in store BJS whole club the location I would be working at. Interview was very easy and nothing not self explanatory was asked. Waited for recruiter to get notes she then called and offered the position the next day.

Interview Questions

• How would you promote something not well liked?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No Negotiations

Retail Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CROSSMARK (Plano, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a member of the Recruitment team, they found my resume on Monster. She asked me a few questions about my background/ interest in recruiting then told me she would pass my resume along. A few days later I was asked to come in to the corporate office for an in-person interview. Sat down with 2 recruiting Managers and talked again about my background, interest in the company, and familiarity with recruiting. (I had just graduated from college and had no experience) They were straight forward and said they liked me and wanted to get this done quickly. I started training 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• No specific questions. More of a conversation to judge competency.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation (i had no experience)

Merchandiser Retail Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CROSSMARK (Chicago, IL).

Interview

There interview process is all done over the phone. I didn't even meet my direct supervisor until I was working there for over 2 months. The only reason I meet her was because she was doing some work at a store I was assigned.

Interview Questions

• My phone interview was truly not an interview it was more of an information session.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at CROSSMARK in July 2014.

Interview

I rec'd. a call from a Crossmark recruiter saying she had seen my resume posted on CareerBuilder.com. She told me what they had to offer and asked if I'd be interested. She then had the Retail Supervisor call me to tell me more. I spoke to her a couple of hours later and was hired.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected. Just questions about my background and what I had done in the retail merchandising field.   Answer Question

Negotiation

She asked me what I needed to accept the offer and said she could match it.

Retail Supervisor of Events Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CROSSMARK (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Apply online Get called by a recruiter Interview with hiring manager receive offer from recruiter Submit paperwork wait for background to clear Receive Welcome email hit the ground sprinting for your life. Prepare not to have a day off for weeks and no overtime.

Interview Questions

• What superpower would you choose and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated to the highest level they were able to give, which was still less than 40k. I thought I would be able to increase it in time but I was wrong. Crossmark does not give raises. Period.