CROSSMARK

122 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Retail Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CROSSMARK.

Interview Details – Phone screening, then moved on to face to face at a fast food establishment. Interviewer really did not seem to motivated to ask the questions that would allow me to wow her. Overall was fairly typical of an interview

Interview Question – Interview was pretty much like all other customer service based interviews. Give me an example of how you turned a negative situation into a positive situation....Yaddah yaddah yaddah.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Retail Merchandising Representative Interview

Retail Merchandising Representative

I applied online - interviewed at CROSSMARK in January 2014.

Interview Details – Very nice lady explained the overall job and overall expectations of me very clearly.
A lot of questions and requirements needed to perform the job that most people looking for a job wouldn't have...a printer...and laptop...android phone...car..and internet connection. Took about 45m I was myself

Interview Question – Name a time at work that your most proud of where you contributed your ideas.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Make in known if you are a people person and everything you have to contribute

Very Easy Interview

Cisco Network Engineer Interview

Cisco Network Engineer
Plano, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CROSSMARK in April 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiting agency regarding this position at Crossmark's Plano facility. The initial setup proceeded normally. The first interview consisted almost entirely of networking "trivia" questions concerning some of the listed duties and responsibilities.

The first interview was followed by a request for a second interview. During the second interview, the interviewer (the Network Manager) explained that he would dispense with trivia as he didn't feel that it provided an accurate view of a candidate's ability and knowledge. He then proceeded to ask questions like "what flags are present in a TCP header". All questions consisted of more trivia. The only difference between this interview and the first was that I was asked to diagram a network on a whiteboard.

The second interview was followed by a request for a third. This time the interview was to be with the VP of Information Technology. This interview was mercifully brief and consisted almost completely of business vision and goals.

Honestly, I've been through much more difficult interviews for much lower-level positions. I got a strong sense that the interviewer (Network Manager) had a poor understanding of the material he was asking about.

Interview Question – What does Crossmark do?   View Answer

Pet Nutrition Specialist Interview

Pet Nutrition Specialist
Kelso, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CROSSMARK in December 2013.

Interview Details – Recruiter will hire you

Interview Question – Describe how you turned a negative customer service situation into a positive one.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – NO NEGOTIATIONS on pay

Part-time Retail Representative Interview

Part-time Retail Representative

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at CROSSMARK in December 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted over the phone by a representative. My application was flagged for follow-up. I was scheduled for an over-the-phone interview to be completed 3 days later. The interviewer did not call me exactly when the interview was scheduled. It was a very brief "interview," but it was actually a job offer with an opportunity to ask questions about the job requirements.

Interview Question – I did not have any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not a negotiation phase. But, the onboarding, or hiring, process was lengthy.

Retail Supervisor of Events Interview

Retail Supervisor of Events
Plano, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at CROSSMARK in January 2014.

Interview Details – When applying, there is no way to contact anyone to follow up on an application or to check on the status of your application. The only way is to check their online portal.

The interview process can vary. Sometimes its by phone, sometimes by Skype, sometimes in person. It depends on your situation. They have a script they need to follow when interviewing, unique to each position. They select "Greatly Meets, Meets, or Does Not Meet" based on your response to each question.

The on-boarding process is standard. I-9, online forms, drug test, background check, etc.

Interview Question – I've interviewed for several positions in the company. Most recently I was asked "To get an idea of your thought process, how many times does the hour hand and the minute hand overlap on a clock?" As well as behavioral questions asking about what you did in a certain situation, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation other than pay rate. There is room for negotiation usually, based on experience and circumstance, but anything other than what they initially offer you must be approved by their manager.

Event Specialist Interview

Event Specialist

Interviewed at CROSSMARK

Interview Details – Quick Phone Interview, followed by an interview in person.

Interview Question – Very standard questions. Nothing difficult about the interview.   Answer Question

Demo Sales Specialist Interview

Demo Sales Specialist

I applied online - interviewed at CROSSMARK in June 2012.

Interview Details – It was kind of a long process waiting for the background check and drug screening to go through. I waited weeks after initially being hired for the position. I applied online, and had an in-person interview at the location I work at now. The interview was easy, very short, and to the point. Basically had the feeling I was hired at this interview. Found out the next week that I was.

Interview Question – I wasn't asked and questions I found to be to difficult it was all stuff that I was able to answer easily.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non-negotiable starting pay

Very Easy Interview

Demo Event Specialist Interview

Demo Event Specialist
Weatherford, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CROSSMARK in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online through a job board. I received a phone call within about a week. It was very short. They sent me emails with hiring paperwork, etc. It was quick and painless.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They told me how much it paid. I accepted.

Event Specialist Interview

Event Specialist
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CROSSMARK in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed on the phone by a recruiter and then met my supervisor a few days later. We talked for a few minutes and submitted my paperwork and the whole process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Question – I was not asked any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating .I was told how much I would be paid and how often and my training was done on-line

Interviews for Top Jobs at CROSSMARK