CROSSMARK

Updated Jan 15, 2015
Updated Jan 15, 2015

1.8

Event Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CROSSMARK in January 2014.

Two phone interviews, must agree to drug test and background test, have some customer service skills, sales, retail sales experience. It took at least two weeks for the whole process and it was all internet based. You have a lot of forms that must be printed, scanned, and uploaded to company within a allotted time. All forms must be filled out correctly or you have to start over which will slow down the process and quite possible you getting a job.

Interview Questions
    • How do you talk and or react to difficult people and still sale them on the product that is being demonstrated?   Answer Question
    Understand there can be a lack of training depending on your team lead (if there is one). You must have a good internet connection and computer, cell phones are not good enough. Have fun enjoy the people and sample away!

Part-time Retail Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at CROSSMARK in December 2013.

I was contacted over the phone by a representative. My application was flagged for follow-up. I was scheduled for an over-the-phone interview to be completed 3 days later. The interviewer did not call me exactly when the interview was scheduled. It was a very brief "interview," but it was actually a job offer with an opportunity to ask questions about the job requirements.

Interview Questions
    There was not a negotiation phase. But, the onboarding, or hiring, process was lengthy.

Pet Nutrition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kelso, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kelso, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at CROSSMARK in December 2013.

Recruiter will hire you

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you turned a negative customer service situation into a positive one.   View Answer
    NO NEGOTIATIONS on pay

Demo Event Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weatherford, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weatherford, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CROSSMARK in December 2013.

I applied online through a job board. I received a phone call within about a week. It was very short. They sent me emails with hiring paperwork, etc. It was quick and painless.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. They told me how much it paid. I accepted.

Event Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CROSSMARK.

had one interview and did every thing else online

Demo Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CROSSMARK.

I got a call in less than 1hr after posting my resume and scheduled a phone interview for the next day. The interviewer was pleasant and called the exact time she said she would. It lasted for about 1hr and it covered past retail experiences as well as made up situations.
    Anyone who has worked retail would find the questions easy to answer.

Interview Questions
    • "How would you try to sell a product you personally dislike?"   Answer Question

I had another full time offer that I decided to accept.

Data Collector Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CROSSMARK in October 2013.

Conversation general introduction, document processing completed, and issued scanner equipment.
    Employment includes: drug test, background check, and citizenship verification.
    A number of training modules must be completed in order to prepare for work to be performed. Also, you must go through the links at the company's website to satisfy the certification requirement(s) before starting projects of the scheduled workloads.

Interview Questions
    • Met Supervisor and started working on project first day. Only training was a demonstration on the spot, and immediately starting working.   Answer Question
    No negotiation-pay rate set. No explanation or orientation. Online contact received with an email letter to confirm employment offer.

Retail Data Collection Coder Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CROSSMARK in September 2013.

I applied online and received a call from HR the next day. The woman explained the job details, said it was $10.16/hour, and that I would be provided with a company handheld data collection device and laptop. So far, so good. Then she went into the transportation reimbursement - they give you $0.31/mile driven over a daily 40 mile to/from commute. That's quite a commute range - until you're driving over 80 miles round trip, you don't see a penny back for gas.

Still, being unemployed I was willing to take it and the job sounded interesting.enough. After explaining the job, she asked a couple very basic interview questions. Then she set up another phone interview with the manager in my area. I thought it was a little odd to do a second phone interview, I couldn't imagine doing more than a phone screen and manager interview for a part time job, but I expected someone to want to meet face to face with me. Apparently not, and we agreed for a time.

On the day of the interview I was waiting by my phone - the interview time came and went +30 minutes, no call. I e-mailed the HR rep to let her know I never received the call, and was well past questioning if Crossmark was a company I wanted to work for. She e-mailed back quickly saying that it was her fault, she put in the wrong time zone so I could expect a call within 30-60 minutes (giving a window of still 30 minutes past the interview time...guess they don't care about being prompt). I started questioning if I'd even pick up the phone at that point, but no matter - I never received a call at any point during the day from them.

I might be unemployed for now, but I'm definitely not desperate. Just thought it was pretty rude and inconsiderate of my time to screw up once, and then still not get it right with no further explanation. I thought about e-mailing HR again just to let them know I still never received a call, but I know I'm not interested in working for a company that can't even get its interviews down and I don't want to hear another excuse. I can't imagine what it'd be like to actually work there, and a lot of the reviews say you'll be hard up to get in touch with a manager...I can understand that now.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, just basic ones like "tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer."   Answer Question

Part Time Merchandiser Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CROSSMARK in September 2013.

Very easy online app and phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Agreeing to the hourly rate they offer to you, wondering if you can get a little more?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate being brought in .50 cents more than was offered to me.

Pet Nutritional Consultant Interview

Phone interview with the recruiter first, mostly concerned with availability and if you have a computer and printer that will be needed to complete assignments. Followed by Skype interview with manager which consists mostly of sales and customer service based questions, a few directed towards the products/services you will be marketing. Very straight forward and easy.

Interview Questions
    • Specify a time when you were able to sell a product or service to a reluctant client.   Answer Question