CROSSMARK Retail Supervisor Interview Questions

Updated Jan 15, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CROSSMARK (Ontario, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

I initially applied with Crossmark for a Sales Rep position. I had a telephone interview followed by a Skype interview a few days later. This interview consisted of all behavioral type questions, such as "tell me about a time you had to overcome objections to make a sale". I heard back from them the following week, saying they thought I was over qualified and they instead wanted me to interview for the Retail Supervisor position. This was a face to face interview and although the interviewer had a script, she asked very few questions from it. We had a good, friendly, get to know you type conversation, and got along really well. She told me the next step would be to meet with the District Manager. The interviewer seemed to like me and gave me pointers as to how to respond to specific questions the DM would potentially ask, as well as giving me the actual scripted questions he might choose. She said I would hear from him the following week, but two weeks went by without any word. I then received an email saying the position had been filled.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a decision knowing you didn't have the support of your team   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CROSSMARK

Retail Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at CROSSMARK in May 2013.

Interview

Phone call interview with Recruiting. Once passed, phone call interview with Manager, once passed, phone call interview with Human Resources, once passed, phone call interview with Recruiting again, once passed, phone call interview with the Manager again and then on-boarding paperwork started. No room for negotiating salary, very low for the industry but the only people hiring at the time. (desperate times).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase for this employer. They offer you the position and basically threaten you that if you counter that offer, they will go with someone else. I should have see that as a red flag.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at CROSSMARK (Chico, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

I got on right away without an interview when they liked me. It was easy, just be like them. don't be your individual self unless it adheres to their policies like a carbon copy.

Negotiation

Ridiculously low pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CROSSMARK (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Very easy. Recruiters are very patient and friendly. They called to set up an appointment date for the interview and also sent an email. I had applied online and received the interview request within 2 weeks. i know now through experience, They actually follow a script which is helpful that they are always professional

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you felt you gave good customer service?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation necessary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CROSSMARK (Roseville, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

The interview was held in a nice Hotel. The person interviewing was going to be the superior to the hired applicant, so the tension was a little high. The questions were relevant and the atmosphere was comfortable. The interviewer was very specific as to what the job entailed and very organic in presenting direct questions like, "why do you think you would be good for this position?". I felt like a winner going into the interview, and in the end we both won.

Interview Questions

• Give me two brief reasons why you think you deserve this position?   Answer Question
    • What value do you have that would make us WANT you for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The company considered my education to be relevant and beneficial to my position and I was offered more money for the position.

Retail Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CROSSMARK in February 2009.

Interview

Apply, Phone interview, face to face.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NONE