CSAA Insurance Group

CSAA Insurance Group Actuarial Analyst Interview Questions

2.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CSAA Insurance Group.

1. The recruiter contacted me for a phone screen interview. She asked general clarification questions about my resume and set up a phone interview for me at the end of the call. Call lasted 15-20 minutes.

2. Phone interview occurred a few days later with the manager. Asked about my experience at my previous job and about skills I listed on my resume. Asked about my exam progress. Gave me the chance to ask questions. Call lasted 30 minutes. Received a call from the recruiter after less than a couple days saying they would like to set up an onsite interview for me the next week.

3. On site interview consisted of about 4-5 separate 30 minutes interviews with other actuaries from different teams and managerial positions. They mostly asked questions about my past experiences and questions to get me to broadly justify the skills that I had listed and statements that I had made about my experiences. After the interviews, I went to lunch with another actuary in the department and went home.

4. I did not hear back for several days... it felt like a very long time, and I gave up hope.

NOTE: Everybody I interviewed with was great. One person asked questions quickly and did not let me finish my whole answers, but was probably just trying to be an aggressive style interviewer. He seemed like a nice guy when I asked him questions at the end. Overall, I was very impressed by the people I interviewed with at AAA, especially compared to other interviews I have been a part of. I felt like they were honest, straight-forward nice people.

Interview Questions
  • 1) What do you consider to be your greatest professional accomplishment?   View Answer
  • 2) I cannot state my question exactly, but be prepared to demonstrate your analytical thought process when a question of that nature arises.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for CSAA Insurance Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at CSAA Insurance Group in May 2012.

describe a time you anticipated a problem and solved it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CSAA Insurance Group in December 2010.

Interviewed with the recruiter for the actuarial group. Asked me a few general questions, as well as a couple of brain-teasers.
    Some of the general questions were:
    1- Why do you want to become an actuary.
    2- What do you think the day to do day job of an actuary looks like.

etc.

A couple of days later got a "thanks but no thanks" email from "no-reply@no-reply"

Interview Questions
    • Can you estimate the number of 7/11 stores in Northern California?   View Answer
    • A 22-23 year old girl, who is getting a bachelor's degree, is taking her 100 year old grandmother for her driving test. What can you say about this family?   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CSAA Insurance Group in December 2011.

I first interviewed with AAA in October, which consisted of 2 one-on-one interviews. The next interview was on-site and consisted of lunch interview, panel interview with analysts and one-on-one interviews with 2 managers. I didn't hear back for another few months when they decided not to hire anyone.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself? And other general behavioral questions.   Answer Question
    • Estimate the revenue and profit of your favorite restaurant?   View Answer