CSAA Insurance Group

Getting the Interview

44 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Claims Service Specialist Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group.

Interview Details – Very easy. Take a few tests prior to entry. And then go in for interview. Very little experience required.

Interview Question – They will ask prospective employees to write out a claims letter to an insured.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Homeowner Claims Adjuster Interview

Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group in June 2011.

Interview Details – the interview process is fairly standard consisting of different assessments and interviews

Interview Question – name a time where you had a difficult customer, you couldn't meet their demands, but still managed to make them happy.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Manager Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group in March 2013.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews, no in person interview - hire within 2 days.

Interview Question – What would you do if your upper management does not agree with your assessment? or data that is presented to them?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I had another offer, so they offer me $10 more per hour.

Project Manager II Interview

Project Manager II
Glendale, AZ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group in January 2011.

Interview Details – Panel Interview -consisting of 5 senior managment within the PMO, questions were situational and based off real-world experiences. Questions included project management questions and team related situational scenarios.

Overall the interview process went smoothly and was not as nerve racking or unorganized as other jobs I had interviewed for in the past.

Interview Question – Conflict resolution - specifcally with irrate customers or sponsors not agreeing on requirements or changes in the scope, timeline,or resources assigned.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very concise- I review the total compensation package included- and the market rate was very on track with the offer.

IT Manager II Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group.

Interview Details – Single Day mutliple Interviewer panels. VEry efficient, informative and professional. HR Recruiter very proactive in communicating status and progress. Was a very easy process

Negotiation Details – Quick and painfree. Counter offering was reasonable and demands were in line with expectations.

Actuarial Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group.

Interview Details – It is an on campus recruiting process.

I was interviewed by two people, each 30 min. The first one is tough. The second person was very nice.

Interview Question – A case about promoting an insurance product to consumers with advanced degrees   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group in October 2009.

Interview Details – Three interviews: One in H.R. and two in the department I started. The people were caring and wonderful. They liked my ideas. Things were great for many years until they got new executives.

Interview Question – What was the most challenging experience you ever had in your previous job and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked for a salary that was a little higher than what I made before. I got it.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Claims Adjuster
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online - interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – First, you'll be required to take an assessment test. They say there are no wrong answers, but there are. They want to hear that you enjoy being in large crowds, and that you are willing to work longer and harder if necessary. Go to ehow.com to get tips how to pass. You'll get an email within 24 hours if you passed, probably 2-3 days if you don't. The email will require you to fill out an application. It took 3 weeks before I got a call from the recruiter. She just makes sure you are clear on the position, hours, etc. I got another call from the AAA office in Colorado Springs and set up an interview the next day. Now, they said I was the first person to be interviewed for the process so it would be another 3 weeks before I heard anything. I got a call 2.5 weeks later, I did not get the position. They said I answered the questions fine, but they chose a candidate with more experience in claims.
 When I arrived at my interview, I took a typing test (which you are allowed to backspace). I did well, 74wpm (they require around 35wmp). The interview was very "stiff". 2 managers sat in on my interview, one typed all of my answers for them to review later. The guy asked me "situational" questions. I had previously practiced answers for common questions and those were fine. It was the questions I really didn't have experience with that were hard to come up with something. I think the process was very lengthy and a bit difficult. They didn't tell me in was ok to take my time to think of a situation, they just stared at me until I spoke (talk about awkward). The manager over them came in to meet me (they say they do this with all candidates if possible). She was much more relaxed and just asked me general, simple questions about my work history.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you introduced a new idea and it was rejected.   View Answer

Business Analyst I Interview

Walnut Creek, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group in December 2012.

Interview Details – 3+ hour interview with managers and business analysts. Reviewed my background - asked for specific examples of how I met different types of challenges.

Interview Question – Describe how you would have done things differently on the last project you worked on.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group.

Interview Details – I sent my resume through their recruiting platform. I received a call from the recruiter within a week. Interview #1: Phone interview with the recruiter. Interview #2: With teammates Interview #3: with HIring Manager. Hiring and interview process lasted 3 months.

Interview Question – No particularly difficult question.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at CSAA Insurance Group

Worked for CSAA Insurance Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CSAA Insurance Group interview questions and advice. All 44 interview reviews posted anonymously by CSAA Insurance Group employees and interview candidates.