CSAA Insurance Group

Updated Jan 15, 2015

2.9

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CSAA Insurance Group in November 2013.

After I completed my application I was sent an email with an online assessment. This was really cool because it gave me a good idea of what the job was going to be like. Then I got a call from the recruiter and she explained the hours, pay, start dates and scheduled my interview. It was a 45 minute interview with behavioral based questions there were two supervisors that I interviewed with both were really great and made me feel at ease right away.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an ambitious stretch goal that you set for your self and how you achieved it?   View Answer
    No started at $13.25 but was able to get my license and was promoted with a $3 per hour raise.

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CSAA Insurance Group.

I sent my resume through their recruiting platform. I received a call from the recruiter within a week. Interview #1: Phone interview with the recruiter. Interview #2: With teammates Interview #3: with HIring Manager. Hiring and interview process lasted 3 months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online – interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group in October 2013.

First, you'll be required to take an assessment test. They say there are no wrong answers, but there are. They want to hear that you enjoy being in large crowds, and that you are willing to work longer and harder if necessary. Go to ehow.com to get tips how to pass. You'll get an email within 24 hours if you passed, probably 2-3 days if you don't. The email will require you to fill out an application. It took 3 weeks before I got a call from the recruiter. She just makes sure you are clear on the position, hours, etc. I got another call from the AAA office in Colorado Springs and set up an interview the next day. Now, they said I was the first person to be interviewed for the process so it would be another 3 weeks before I heard anything. I got a call 2.5 weeks later, I did not get the position. They said I answered the questions fine, but they chose a candidate with more experience in claims.
     When I arrived at my interview, I took a typing test (which you are allowed to backspace). I did well, 74wpm (they require around 35wmp). The interview was very "stiff". 2 managers sat in on my interview, one typed all of my answers for them to review later. The guy asked me "situational" questions. I had previously practiced answers for common questions and those were fine. It was the questions I really didn't have experience with that were hard to come up with something. I think the process was very lengthy and a bit difficult. They didn't tell me in was ok to take my time to think of a situation, they just stared at me until I spoke (talk about awkward). The manager over them came in to meet me (they say they do this with all candidates if possible). She was much more relaxed and just asked me general, simple questions about my work history.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you introduced a new idea and it was rejected.   View Answer

Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group.

Met with HR staff, 2 women. Go the standard interview questions, told them about my life. It was pretty easy since anyone can do this job, but I sold them. They sent me upstairs to interview with the supervisor, and he liked me. I got a call back from the recruiter that afternoon offering the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us how you would handle a difficult caller who seems impossible to please.   Answer Question

The pay is lousy for working in basically a call center.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CSAA Insurance Group.

After a 45 minute prelim phone screening with Human Resources, I Called in for a multi person panel at the main office comprised of analysts and managers. Since it was an analysts position it focused on analytic styles, equations types, methodology, product exposure, career goals, and management style. The atmosphere was pleasant and not to difficult since I knew the job needs well. Within three weeks I received an offer, which was close to my desired wage.

Interview Questions
    • How would you alter your analysis for our insurance products (Had no experience in the industry, so come prepared to equate similar experiences)   Answer Question
    The first offer was generous and within my wage preference

Marketing Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CSAA Insurance Group.

First had telephonic from recruiting team then a telephonic screen with Hiring Manager. 2 in person round with 1:1 around 3 hrs. Very good experience.

Home Owners Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CSAA Insurance Group in August 2013.

The first step when you interview is to take a typing test you must type at least 40 words per minute which is very tricky when you are so nervous the actual interview was very nice laid-back but very organized you will meet with two supervisors who will ask you a variety of questions to test your behavior personality and your knowledge of the claims process.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to deliver bad news to someone and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CSAA Insurance Group in July 2013.

I applied online & the recruiter called me for a phone screen 2 days later. We reviewed my resume & legal status, and she asked a couple STAR questions (tell me about a difficult customer, etc.) She called me back the next day and scheduled the face to face a few days later. Her confirmation email had some hints, like arrive early, etc.
    The face to face was 3 parts, a 3 minute typing test, an interview, and a "letter". The typing test is to verify your speed and accuracy.
     The interview was with 2 managers and consisted of a brief resume review, a couple star questions, and some insurance technical questions. They also spent some time discussing my multi-tasking abilities. They asked for quite a bit of specifics in all the questions and why claims?
    The letter was a business letter based on a scenario they provided and I had to write it in MS Word from the point of view of the customer.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected technical such as definitions and an example?   View Answer
    The recruiter called me a few hours after the interview.
    The salary offered is fair and non-negotiable because my insurance experience isn't in claims. They do have a bonus structure, discounts, and a good benefit package including tuition assistance.

Applications Developer V Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CSAA Insurance Group.

Nice & easy interview process. Explain your work in detail.

Negotiate hard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group in June 2013.

I applied online, got a call the next day saying I had to take an aptitude test. I got a call the day after that I scored off the chart and they'd like to have an interview in person.

A few days later I was there and I first had to take a typing test. I think they required 25 or 35 WPM. I scored 75ish.

After that I had to go in with 2 supervisors and answer situational questions about past and theoritical experiences.

After that told me the basics of claims and wanted to see how well I remembered what they had just told me by going in the other room and pretending to be a customer calling in. I took the information that I got from that phone call and then had to write a letter (handwritten) to the customer with an overview of what we talked about. It was all pretty simple, but I could see how a nervous person would not handle themself well.

After that, their boss came in and said hi and asked a few more questions, one of which was something like "How many golf balls would fit in an airplane".

It was a long process, but if you're intelligent and calm you shouldn't have a problem.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when you had to handle an unruly customer.   Answer Question

I declined because the pay was pretty low back then, and I didn't really need the job. They called back about 2 months later and told me pay had increased, so I took the job then.