CSAA Insurance Group Interview Questions

2.9

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group in October 2009.

Three interviews: One in H.R. and two in the department I started. The people were caring and wonderful. They liked my ideas. Things were great for many years until they got new executives.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most challenging experience you ever had in your previous job and how did you handle it?   View Answer
    I asked for a salary that was a little higher than what I made before. I got it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online - interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group in October 2013.

First, you'll be required to take an assessment test. They say there are no wrong answers, but there are. They want to hear that you enjoy being in large crowds, and that you are willing to work longer and harder if necessary. Go to ehow.com to get tips how to pass. You'll get an email within 24 hours if you passed, probably 2-3 days if you don't. The email will require you to fill out an application. It took 3 weeks before I got a call from the recruiter. She just makes sure you are clear on the position, hours, etc. I got another call from the AAA office in Colorado Springs and set up an interview the next day. Now, they said I was the first person to be interviewed for the process so it would be another 3 weeks before I heard anything. I got a call 2.5 weeks later, I did not get the position. They said I answered the questions fine, but they chose a candidate with more experience in claims.
     When I arrived at my interview, I took a typing test (which you are allowed to backspace). I did well, 74wpm (they require around 35wmp). The interview was very "stiff". 2 managers sat in on my interview, one typed all of my answers for them to review later. The guy asked me "situational" questions. I had previously practiced answers for common questions and those were fine. It was the questions I really didn't have experience with that were hard to come up with something. I think the process was very lengthy and a bit difficult. They didn't tell me in was ok to take my time to think of a situation, they just stared at me until I spoke (talk about awkward). The manager over them came in to meet me (they say they do this with all candidates if possible). She was much more relaxed and just asked me general, simple questions about my work history.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you introduced a new idea and it was rejected.   View Answer

Business Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Walnut Creek, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group in December 2012.

3+ hour interview with managers and business analysts. Reviewed my background - asked for specific examples of how I met different types of challenges.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you would have done things differently on the last project you worked on.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group.

I sent my resume through their recruiting platform. I received a call from the recruiter within a week. Interview #1: Phone interview with the recruiter. Interview #2: With teammates Interview #3: with HIring Manager. Hiring and interview process lasted 3 months.

Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied online - interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group.

Met with HR staff, 2 women. Go the standard interview questions, told them about my life. It was pretty easy since anyone can do this job, but I sold them. They sent me upstairs to interview with the supervisor, and he liked me. I got a call back from the recruiter that afternoon offering the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us how you would handle a difficult caller who seems impossible to please.   Answer Question

The pay is lousy for working in basically a call center.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group.

After a 45 minute prelim phone screening with Human Resources, I Called in for a multi person panel at the main office comprised of analysts and managers. Since it was an analysts position it focused on analytic styles, equations types, methodology, product exposure, career goals, and management style. The atmosphere was pleasant and not to difficult since I knew the job needs well. Within three weeks I received an offer, which was close to my desired wage.

Interview Questions
    • How would you alter your analysis for our insurance products (Had no experience in the industry, so come prepared to equate similar experiences)   Answer Question
    The first offer was generous and within my wage preference

Marketing Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group.

First had telephonic from recruiting team then a telephonic screen with Hiring Manager. 2 in person round with 1:1 around 3 hrs. Very good experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group in July 2013.

I applied online & the recruiter called me for a phone screen 2 days later. We reviewed my resume & legal status, and she asked a couple STAR questions (tell me about a difficult customer, etc.) She called me back the next day and scheduled the face to face a few days later. Her confirmation email had some hints, like arrive early, etc.
    The face to face was 3 parts, a 3 minute typing test, an interview, and a "letter". The typing test is to verify your speed and accuracy.
     The interview was with 2 managers and consisted of a brief resume review, a couple star questions, and some insurance technical questions. They also spent some time discussing my multi-tasking abilities. They asked for quite a bit of specifics in all the questions and why claims?
    The letter was a business letter based on a scenario they provided and I had to write it in MS Word from the point of view of the customer.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected technical such as definitions and an example?   View Answer
    The recruiter called me a few hours after the interview.
    The salary offered is fair and non-negotiable because my insurance experience isn't in claims. They do have a bonus structure, discounts, and a good benefit package including tuition assistance.

Applications Developer V Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Glendale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

Nice & easy interview process. Explain your work in detail.

Negotiate hard

Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group in January 2013.

Applied online. Few weeks go by and HR call me, we discuss me, the position and a few pleasantries then setup up a phone interview with an executive.

Phone interview lasted 1 hour. Never heard back one way or another.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of when you failed and what specifically you did wrong.   Answer Question