CSAA Insurance Group Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015

2.9

Claims Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at CSAA Insurance Group.

Interview

Very easy. Take a few tests prior to entry. And then go in for interview. Very little experience required.

Interview Questions

• They will ask prospective employees to write out a claims letter to an insured.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none.

IT Manager II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CSAA Insurance Group.

Interview

Single Day mutliple Interviewer panels. VEry efficient, informative and professional. HR Recruiter very proactive in communicating status and progress. Was a very easy process

Negotiation

Quick and painfree. Counter offering was reasonable and demands were in line with expectations.

Actuarial Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CSAA Insurance Group.

Interview

It is an on campus recruiting process.

I was interviewed by two people, each 30 min. The first one is tough. The second person was very nice.

Interview Questions

• A case about promoting an insurance product to consumers with advanced degrees   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CSAA Insurance Group (Glendale, AZ) in November 2013.

Interview

After I completed my application I was sent an email with an online assessment. This was really cool because it gave me a good idea of what the job was going to be like. Then I got a call from the recruiter and she explained the hours, pay, start dates and scheduled my interview. It was a 45 minute interview with behavioral based questions there were two supervisors that I interviewed with both were really great and made me feel at ease right away.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an ambitious stretch goal that you set for your self and how you achieved it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No started at $13.25 but was able to get my license and was promoted with a $3 per hour raise.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CSAA Insurance Group.

Interview

I sent my resume through their recruiting platform. I received a call from the recruiter within a week. Interview #1: Phone interview with the recruiter. Interview #2: With teammates Interview #3: with HIring Manager. Hiring and interview process lasted 3 months.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group (Colorado Springs, CO) in October 2013.

Interview

First, you'll be required to take an assessment test. They say there are no wrong answers, but there are. They want to hear that you enjoy being in large crowds, and that you are willing to work longer and harder if necessary. Go to ehow.com to get tips how to pass. You'll get an email within 24 hours if you passed, probably 2-3 days if you don't. The email will require you to fill out an application. It took 3 weeks before I got a call from the recruiter. She just makes sure you are clear on the position, hours, etc. I got another call from the AAA office in Colorado Springs and set up an interview the next day. Now, they said I was the first person to be interviewed for the process so it would be another 3 weeks before I heard anything. I got a call 2.5 weeks later, I did not get the position. They said I answered the questions fine, but they chose a candidate with more experience in claims.
     When I arrived at my interview, I took a typing test (which you are allowed to backspace). I did well, 74wpm (they require around 35wmp). The interview was very "stiff". 2 managers sat in on my interview, one typed all of my answers for them to review later. The guy asked me "situational" questions. I had previously practiced answers for common questions and those were fine. It was the questions I really didn't have experience with that were hard to come up with something. I think the process was very lengthy and a bit difficult. They didn't tell me in was ok to take my time to think of a situation, they just stared at me until I spoke (talk about awkward). The manager over them came in to meet me (they say they do this with all candidates if possible). She was much more relaxed and just asked me general, simple questions about my work history.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you introduced a new idea and it was rejected.   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CSAA Insurance Group.

Interview

After a 45 minute prelim phone screening with Human Resources, I Called in for a multi person panel at the main office comprised of analysts and managers. Since it was an analysts position it focused on analytic styles, equations types, methodology, product exposure, career goals, and management style. The atmosphere was pleasant and not to difficult since I knew the job needs well. Within three weeks I received an offer, which was close to my desired wage.

Interview Questions

• How would you alter your analysis for our insurance products (Had no experience in the industry, so come prepared to equate similar experiences)   Answer Question

Negotiation

The first offer was generous and within my wage preference

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group.

Interview

Met with HR staff, 2 women. Go the standard interview questions, told them about my life. It was pretty easy since anyone can do this job, but I sold them. They sent me upstairs to interview with the supervisor, and he liked me. I got a call back from the recruiter that afternoon offering the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you would handle a difficult caller who seems impossible to please.   Answer Question

The pay is lousy for working in basically a call center.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CSAA Insurance Group.

Interview

First had telephonic from recruiting team then a telephonic screen with Hiring Manager. 2 in person round with 1:1 around 3 hrs. Very good experience.

Home Owners Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CSAA Insurance Group (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2013.

Interview

The first step when you interview is to take a typing test you must type at least 40 words per minute which is very tricky when you are so nervous the actual interview was very nice laid-back but very organized you will meet with two supervisors who will ask you a variety of questions to test your behavior personality and your knowledge of the claims process.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deliver bad news to someone and how did you handle it?   Answer Question