CSAA Insurance Group Interview Questions

Updated Oct 7, 2014
Updated Oct 7, 2014

2.9

Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CSAA Insurance Group in January 2013.

Applied online. Few weeks go by and HR call me, we discuss me, the position and a few pleasantries then setup up a phone interview with an executive.

Phone interview lasted 1 hour. Never heard back one way or another.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of when you failed and what specifically you did wrong.   Answer Question

Business Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CSAA Insurance Group in December 2012.

3+ hour interview with managers and business analysts. Reviewed my background - asked for specific examples of how I met different types of challenges.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you would have done things differently on the last project you worked on.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group in August 2012.

CEO openly stated "no Roth 401K plan will ever be offered, only helps gays". Stay away!!!!

Interview Questions

CEO hates gays and will not allow any gay friendly benefits ever

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CSAA Insurance Group.

1. The recruiter contacted me for a phone screen interview. She asked general clarification questions about my resume and set up a phone interview for me at the end of the call. Call lasted 15-20 minutes.

2. Phone interview occurred a few days later with the manager. Asked about my experience at my previous job and about skills I listed on my resume. Asked about my exam progress. Gave me the chance to ask questions. Call lasted 30 minutes. Received a call from the recruiter after less than a couple days saying they would like to set up an onsite interview for me the next week.

3. On site interview consisted of about 4-5 separate 30 minutes interviews with other actuaries from different teams and managerial positions. They mostly asked questions about my past experiences and questions to get me to broadly justify the skills that I had listed and statements that I had made about my experiences. After the interviews, I went to lunch with another actuary in the department and went home.

4. I did not hear back for several days... it felt like a very long time, and I gave up hope.

NOTE: Everybody I interviewed with was great. One person asked questions quickly and did not let me finish my whole answers, but was probably just trying to be an aggressive style interviewer. He seemed like a nice guy when I asked him questions at the end. Overall, I was very impressed by the people I interviewed with at AAA, especially compared to other interviews I have been a part of. I felt like they were honest, straight-forward nice people.

Interview Questions
    • 1) What do you consider to be your greatest professional accomplishment?   View Answer
    • 2) I cannot state my question exactly, but be prepared to demonstrate your analytical thought process when a question of that nature arises.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at CSAA Insurance Group in May 2012.

describe a time you anticipated a problem and solved it

Call Center Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CSAA Insurance Group in September 2011.

Test via computer, panel interview and background check

Sales and Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CSAA Insurance Group in July 2011.

The recruiters are clueless and couldn't keep appointments. The hiring Manager seemed like he was more interested in his lunch than finishing the interview.

The people I worked with were not professional and it just did not seem like a place that I should work.

Homeowner Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CSAA Insurance Group in June 2011.

the interview process is fairly standard consisting of different assessments and interviews

Interview Questions
    • name a time where you had a difficult customer, you couldn't meet their demands, but still managed to make them happy.   Answer Question

Project Manager II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at CSAA Insurance Group in January 2011.

Panel Interview -consisting of 5 senior managment within the PMO, questions were situational and based off real-world experiences. Questions included project management questions and team related situational scenarios.

Overall the interview process went smoothly and was not as nerve racking or unorganized as other jobs I had interviewed for in the past.

Interview Questions
    • Conflict resolution - specifcally with irrate customers or sponsors not agreeing on requirements or changes in the scope, timeline,or resources assigned.   View Answer
    Very concise- I review the total compensation package included- and the market rate was very on track with the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CSAA Insurance Group in December 2010.

Interviewed with the recruiter for the actuarial group. Asked me a few general questions, as well as a couple of brain-teasers.
    Some of the general questions were:
    1- Why do you want to become an actuary.
    2- What do you think the day to do day job of an actuary looks like.

etc.

A couple of days later got a "thanks but no thanks" email from "no-reply@no-reply"

Interview Questions
    • Can you estimate the number of 7/11 stores in Northern California?   View Answer
    • A 22-23 year old girl, who is getting a bachelor's degree, is taking her 100 year old grandmother for her driving test. What can you say about this family?   Answer Question