CSAA Insurance Group Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

2.9

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group in March 2010.

Fairly rigorous interview process with several steps involved. Process was relatively slow but appropriately methodical. I sensed a desire to make sure it was a good fit for both the Company and myself, which made a lot of sense and was shared by me too. At the end of the process, I felt that it was a solid company that shared my values and genuinely wanted to do well and do right.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall the particular questions. Fairly specific to my areas of expertise. Now more behaviorally oriented.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group in October 2009.

Three interviews: One in H.R. and two in the department I started. The people were caring and wonderful. They liked my ideas. Things were great for many years until they got new executives.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most challenging experience you ever had in your previous job and how did you handle it?   View Answer
    I asked for a salary that was a little higher than what I made before. I got it.

Business Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group in December 2012.

3+ hour interview with managers and business analysts. Reviewed my background - asked for specific examples of how I met different types of challenges.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you would have done things differently on the last project you worked on.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group in August 2012.

CEO openly stated "no Roth 401K plan will ever be offered, only helps gays". Stay away!!!!

Interview Questions

CEO hates gays and will not allow any gay friendly benefits ever

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group.

1. The recruiter contacted me for a phone screen interview. She asked general clarification questions about my resume and set up a phone interview for me at the end of the call. Call lasted 15-20 minutes.

2. Phone interview occurred a few days later with the manager. Asked about my experience at my previous job and about skills I listed on my resume. Asked about my exam progress. Gave me the chance to ask questions. Call lasted 30 minutes. Received a call from the recruiter after less than a couple days saying they would like to set up an onsite interview for me the next week.

3. On site interview consisted of about 4-5 separate 30 minutes interviews with other actuaries from different teams and managerial positions. They mostly asked questions about my past experiences and questions to get me to broadly justify the skills that I had listed and statements that I had made about my experiences. After the interviews, I went to lunch with another actuary in the department and went home.

4. I did not hear back for several days... it felt like a very long time, and I gave up hope.

NOTE: Everybody I interviewed with was great. One person asked questions quickly and did not let me finish my whole answers, but was probably just trying to be an aggressive style interviewer. He seemed like a nice guy when I asked him questions at the end. Overall, I was very impressed by the people I interviewed with at AAA, especially compared to other interviews I have been a part of. I felt like they were honest, straight-forward nice people.

Interview Questions
    • 1) What do you consider to be your greatest professional accomplishment?   View Answer
    • 2) I cannot state my question exactly, but be prepared to demonstrate your analytical thought process when a question of that nature arises.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group in May 2012.

describe a time you anticipated a problem and solved it

Sales and Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group in July 2011.

The recruiters are clueless and couldn't keep appointments. The hiring Manager seemed like he was more interested in his lunch than finishing the interview.

The people I worked with were not professional and it just did not seem like a place that I should work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group in December 2010.

Interviewed with the recruiter for the actuarial group. Asked me a few general questions, as well as a couple of brain-teasers.
    Some of the general questions were:
    1- Why do you want to become an actuary.
    2- What do you think the day to do day job of an actuary looks like.

etc.

A couple of days later got a "thanks but no thanks" email from "no-reply@no-reply"

Interview Questions
    • Can you estimate the number of 7/11 stores in Northern California?   View Answer
    • A 22-23 year old girl, who is getting a bachelor's degree, is taking her 100 year old grandmother for her driving test. What can you say about this family?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group in January 2010.

i worked for this company for three and a half years before accepting a full time posiiton. i thought i knew what they were about, but as it turns out, i didn't know the depths of evil within their soul. they are nepotistic and let the highest level people pass by the scrutinty they wield on their underling sweat shop workers. better to be a boss at this company and be incompetent than make a small mistake as a worker bee.

Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group in December 2010.

I interviewed with two people. It was a very short interview...only 30 minutes. One of them left early which I thought was rude. I felt like they weren't really interested...just going through the motions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle multiple priorities?   Answer Question
    • Can you work overtime? We have a lot of work and sometimes you may have to stay after hours.   Answer Question

Worked for CSAA Insurance Group? Contribute to the Community!