CSAA Insurance Group
CSAA Insurance Group Interview Questions & Reviews in Walnut Creek, CA
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Actuarial Analyst (4)
- Claims Adjuster (4)
- Actuarial Intern (3)
- Insurance Agent (2)
- Project Manager II (2)
- Sales and Service Associate (2)
- Quality Assurance Manager (1)
- Call Center Employee (1)
- Marketing Analyst (1)
- Customer Service Representative (1)
- Program Manager (1)
- Product Manager (1)
- Business Analyst (1)
- Business Analyst I (1)
- Applications Developer V (1)
- Vendor Management Specialist (1)
- Actuarial Pricing Analyst (1)
- Refuse to State (1)
- Grinner (1)
- Homeowner Claims Adjuster (1)
- Auto Product Development Intern (1)
- Customer Service (1)
- District Manager (1)
- Product Analyst (1)
- Attorney (1)
- towing (1)
- Senior Business Analyst (1)
- Summer Intern (1)
- Systems Analyst (1)
- Claims Service Adjuster (1)
Very Easy Interview
Web Developer Interview (Positive Experience; Very Easy Interview)
I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group in January 2010.
Interview Details – i worked for this company for three and a half years before accepting a full time posiiton. i thought i knew what they were about, but as it turns out, i didn't know the depths of evil within their soul. they are nepotistic and let the highest level people pass by the scrutinty they wield on their underling sweat shop workers. better to be a boss at this company and be incompetent than make a small mistake as a worker bee.
Actuarial Analyst Interview (Negative Experience; Easy Interview)
I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group in December 2010.
Interview Details – Interviewed with the recruiter for the actuarial group. Asked me a few general questions, as well as a couple of brain-teasers.
Some of the general questions were:
1- Why do you want to become an actuary.
2- What do you think the day to do day job of an actuary looks like.
A couple of days later got a "thanks but no thanks" email from "no-reply@no-reply"
Actuarial Analyst Interview (Neutral Experience; Average Interview)
The process took a day - interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group in May 2012.
Interview Details – describe a time you anticipated a problem and solved it
Actuarial Analyst Interview (Positive Experience; Average Interview)
I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group.
Interview Details – 1. The recruiter contacted me for a phone screen interview. She asked general clarification questions about my resume and set up a phone interview for me at the end of the call. Call lasted 15-20 minutes.
2. Phone interview occurred a few days later with the manager. Asked about my experience at my previous job and about skills I listed on my resume. Asked about my exam progress. Gave me the chance to ask questions. Call lasted 30 minutes. Received a call from the recruiter after less than a couple days saying they would like to set up an onsite interview for me the next week.
3. On site interview consisted of about 4-5 separate 30 minutes interviews with other actuaries from different teams and managerial positions. They mostly asked questions about my past experiences and questions to get me to broadly justify the skills that I had listed and statements that I had made about my experiences. After the interviews, I went to lunch with another actuary in the department and went home.
4. I did not hear back for several days... it felt like a very long time, and I gave up hope.
NOTE: Everybody I interviewed with was great. One person asked questions quickly and did not let me finish my whole answers, but was probably just trying to be an aggressive style interviewer. He seemed like a nice guy when I asked him questions at the end. Overall, I was very impressed by the people I interviewed with at AAA, especially compared to other interviews I have been a part of. I felt like they were honest, straight-forward nice people.
Business Analyst I Interview (Positive Experience; Average Interview)
I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group in December 2012.
Interview Details – 3+ hour interview with managers and business analysts. Reviewed my background - asked for specific examples of how I met different types of challenges.
Interview Question – Describe how you would have done things differently on the last project you worked on. Answer Question
Product Analyst Interview (Neutral Experience; Average Interview)
I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group in December 2010.
Interview Details – I interviewed with two people. It was a very short interview...only 30 minutes. One of them left early which I thought was rude. I felt like they weren't really interested...just going through the motions.
Actuarial Pricing Analyst Interview (Positive Experience; Difficult Interview)
The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CSAA Insurance Group in November 2010.
Interview Details – I met with a group of actuaries within the IPM division of CSAA. The on-site interview took 3 hours total with 30mins for each interviewer. It was actually an enjoyable experience, though some of the "thought" questions invoked some real critical thinking so it's best to arrive on your "A" game. The host who brought me in was courteous and established a very welcoming environment. The interviews weren't too intimidating, but like with all interviews, you must remain focused and on edge to answer some thought provoking questions. Overall, the interviews went well, so you shouldn't be too worried about having a three hour long interview.
Interview Question – Describe a time where ______ Answer Question