CSG (Conservation Services Group) Interview Questions

Updated Nov 27, 2014
Updated Nov 27, 2014

2.5

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at CSG (Conservation Services Group).

I Interviewed with 10 different people during 3 different visits and several phone calls. Most were kind and professional. I was told several times by the VP of Marketing that I was the top candidate and they were close to a decision. A month later she asked for references which I had already supplied with both my resume and application. This was the type of experience where the longer it took, the less i wanted the position. In the end, after 4 months in total, I was told in a 2 line email that they were offering the job to someone else. When I politely asked for feedback, she didn't bother to respond.

Program Operations Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CSG (Conservation Services Group).

Phone interview and two in-person interviews. Interview consisted of showing that I understood the industry, had technical knowledge, had program management skills and would get along with existing staff.

Interview Questions
    Offer extended and had the chance to negotiate.

Senior Instructional Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CSG (Conservation Services Group) in July 2013.

I applied online over a weekend and the hiring manager emailed me two days later to set up a phone interview. The interview process consisted of a phone interview with the hiring manager, a phone interview with the other senior person in the department, a face-to-face with the hiring manager, and a group face-to-face with the remainder of the department. It was one of the easier interview processes I've had. Everyone was very personable.

Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at CSG (Conservation Services Group).

Two interviews

Interview Questions
    • How would you treat someone that appears to be struggling in the performance of their position?   Answer Question
    It took a long time to get an offer.

Contact Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CSG (Conservation Services Group) in April 2012.

Two phone interviews and an in-person in the downtown Portland office. Six back to back interviewers over a period of four hours, each person with their own interview style and agenda. Overall, I really liked the preview of the position that was offered. The only disappointing aspect of the whole process was the communication after the interview. I pinged politely and thanked a few times, but I didn't hear anything back for nearly a month.

Interview Questions
    • They really wanted to make sure I could be passionate about energy conservation.   Answer Question

BPI Proctor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at CSG (Conservation Services Group) in November 2011.

Very simple. A few genreal questions on skills and experience

No neogations

Vice President, Contact Centers Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CSG (Conservation Services Group) in August 2011.

I was initially contacted by an executive assistant to the hiring manager for this position and conducted a 30-minute phone screen with her. The next interview was with the hiring manager and went well as we spoke for an hour and at the end of our conversation I was invited for an on-site panel interview. Arrangements were made for me to fly up (I was not local) and a few days before the face-to-face interview I was asked to change my interview time to accommodate a last minute change for THEM. Okay, I did this and proceeded to the interview. I arrived at 8 am and the building was locked and also appeared to still be under construction. Why they would schedule me this early I found to be quite odd as employees were just showing up for work and there was nobody to let me into the main building. I waited for someone to swipe into the door and tailgated them into the building where I could then make my way up to the CSG offices. The interview started a few minutes later in a conference room where we spoke for approximately 2 hours (me and 3 CSG employees).

One week went by and I was asked to fly back up for a final round of interviews that they pushed out 2 more weeks. 5 days before my final interview I had still not been contacted by their HR department to make logistical arrangements and when I inquired they told me that they liked my background but had found other candidates that were a better fit for the position (i.e. found someone local they would not have to pay relocation for or could offer a lesser salary than mine). If they did not want to pursue me after the first interview than I should have not of been informed to block out an entire day of my time to come back for the final rounds only to be informed a few days before they changed their mind. Overall, a very unprofessional process….

Upon reflection, it appears to me that CSG has rapidly grown over that past few years but started out small only 10 years ago (less than 100 employees) where the original staff were given inflated job titles that leave an ego on most of their shoulders. These employees would not have the same job titles in any large organization. The VP position I interviewed for would be titled “Sr. Manager/Director” at the highest in any other company but I guess getting overdressed in a suit and walking around with a big job title makes these people feel important so maybe they produce more? Funny but silly

Interview Questions
    • Typical background questions were asked related to the position needs.   Answer Question

Senior Data Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CSG (Conservation Services Group) in June 2012.

The interview process was excellent. The three employees conducting the interview where very interested in the domain space and excited about moving forward with the new position. It was clear that they were thinking on their feet, even thinking of possibilities out side the strict confines of the job title and description. Everyone I have dealt with so far, even the outside firm conducting the background check has been great!