CSG (Conservation Services Group)

www.csgrp.com

CSG (Conservation Services Group) Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Program Operations Manager Interview

Program Operations Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CSG (Conservation Services Group).

Interview Details – Phone interview and two in-person interviews. Interview consisted of showing that I understood the industry, had technical knowledge, had program management skills and would get along with existing staff.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer extended and had the chance to negotiate.

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through other source and interviewed at CSG (Conservation Services Group).

Interview Details – Two interviews

Interview Question – How would you treat someone that appears to be struggling in the performance of their position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It took a long time to get an offer.

BPI Proctor Interview

BPI Proctor
San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at CSG (Conservation Services Group) in November 2011.

Interview Details – Very simple. A few genreal questions on skills and experience

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No neogations

Contact Center Manager Interview

Contact Center Manager
Portland, OR

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CSG (Conservation Services Group) in April 2012.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews and an in-person in the downtown Portland office. Six back to back interviewers over a period of four hours, each person with their own interview style and agenda. Overall, I really liked the preview of the position that was offered. The only disappointing aspect of the whole process was the communication after the interview. I pinged politely and thanked a few times, but I didn't hear anything back for nearly a month.

Interview Question – They really wanted to make sure I could be passionate about energy conservation.   Answer Question

Vice President, Contact Centers Interview

Vice President, Contact Centers
Westborough, MA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CSG (Conservation Services Group) in August 2011.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by an executive assistant to the hiring manager for this position and conducted a 30-minute phone screen with her. The next interview was with the hiring manager and went well as we spoke for an hour and at the end of our conversation I was invited for an on-site panel interview. Arrangements were made for me to fly up (I was not local) and a few days before the face-to-face interview I was asked to change my interview time to accommodate a last minute change for THEM. Okay, I did this and proceeded to the interview. I arrived at 8 am and the building was locked and also appeared to still be under construction. Why they would schedule me this early I found to be quite odd as employees were just showing up for work and there was nobody to let me into the main building. I waited for someone to swipe into the door and tailgated them into the building where I could then make my way up to the CSG offices. The interview started a few minutes later in a conference room where we spoke for approximately 2 hours (me and 3 CSG employees).

One week went by and I was asked to fly back up for a final round of interviews that they pushed out 2 more weeks. 5 days before my final interview I had still not been contacted by their HR department to make logistical arrangements and when I inquired they told me that they liked my background but had found other candidates that were a better fit for the position (i.e. found someone local they would not have to pay relocation for or could offer a lesser salary than mine). If they did not want to pursue me after the first interview than I should have not of been informed to block out an entire day of my time to come back for the final rounds only to be informed a few days before they changed their mind. Overall, a very unprofessional process….

Upon reflection, it appears to me that CSG has rapidly grown over that past few years but started out small only 10 years ago (less than 100 employees) where the original staff were given inflated job titles that leave an ego on most of their shoulders. These employees would not have the same job titles in any large organization. The VP position I interviewed for would be titled “Sr. Manager/Director” at the highest in any other company but I guess getting overdressed in a suit and walking around with a big job title makes these people feel important so maybe they produce more? Funny but silly

Interview Question – Typical background questions were asked related to the position needs.   Answer Question

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Senior Data Analyst

I applied online - interviewed at CSG (Conservation Services Group) in June 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was excellent. The three employees conducting the interview where very interested in the domain space and excited about moving forward with the new position. It was clear that they were thinking on their feet, even thinking of possibilities out side the strict confines of the job title and description. Everyone I have dealt with so far, even the outside firm conducting the background check has been great!

Interview Question – Nothing that really qualifies!   Answer Question

Worked for CSG (Conservation Services Group)? Contribute to the Community!