CSID Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

2.7

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at CSID (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Professional but not intimidating. A very friendly company that seems to value niceness and professionalism. HR gives very detailed explanation of what they are looking for and the values of the company. They ask a lot of "Give me an example of a time..." questions so come prepared to give specific examples.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you would communicate information between one person and a group of individuals.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CSID.

Interview

Screening interview by HR: I was contacted by an HR recruiter about the job. I sent the person a resume and scheduled a call with them. My current position is a subset of the technical writing profession (editing). The HR person asked me about my current salary, what I expected for salary (not compensation) and about my current job.

Interview Questions

• "Do you actually have any technical writing experience?" "How much do you make now?" And "what salary do you want?"   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CSID (Austin, TX).

Interview

There was 1 human resources phone interview followed by 1 direct manager phone interview. The last round was 8 Interviews, 1 Day. Interviewers ranged from VP to hiring manager to peers.

Interview Questions

• Explain past roles and how they are applicable to this one, level of technical experience, familiarity with APIs & partner portals   Answer Question

Technical Solution Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CSID (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I did two preliminary phone interviews before interviewing on-site, one with the HR Manager and one with the Manager of Technical Solutions Engineering (my eventual manager.) After passing the phone interviews, I was assigned to run the "interview gauntlet" that most companies are fond of using nowadays. 6 30-minute interviews from 9a-12p, meeting with personnel from different departments within the company to discuss their job responsibilities and the interactions with the open position. I was called back in the following day to meet with the VP of Client Services and the VP of Support in individual meetings to close out the interview process.

Interview Questions

• How did I see the skills I'd acquired in my previous job positions being able to be leveraged to success in this open position being offered?   Answer Question

CSID Interview Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CSID.

Interview

quick response to my application. my resume aligned exactly with what the position wanted but they only focused on what i hadn't done in my past versus what i had done in the actual interview. very negative, not engaging.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CSID (Austin, TX).

Interview

Applied online and next day got call from HR. After one round of telephonic screening called for onsite interview (3 days after the screening). 3 more round of technical interviews (easy as an ice cake) followed by HR discussion. The good thing i found was HR followed up after every round of interview.

Interview Questions

• Normal java technical questions. Describe you past projects and duties etc.   Answer Question

Feb 26, 2015 – Senior Human Resources Director

Thanks for the review! Wish it was a little tougher than ice cake but we will keep working on it. I wish you the best. David

CSID Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CSID (Austin, TX).

Interview

Easy as Pie! I applied one morning, by that afternoon I was contacted to schedule a phone screening interview. After the phone screening, within 24 hours I was invited on site to interview with those I'd be working with. 24 hours after the onsite interview I was invited back for a second round (second round usually depends on what you are applying for, not everyone will have to go through 2 rounds). 24 hours after the second/final round. I was called with an offer! Process took about a week total. Applied on a Tuesday, hired on that next Wednesday.

Interview Questions

CSID Response

Feb 19, 2015 – Senior Human Resources Director

Thanks for the review! It is our goal to move quickly through the interview process, we don't always succeed but I am glad it worked out in your case. Best of luck to you! David

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CSID.

Interview

Received a screening call from HR a week after applying. Was called by hiring manager for a 30 minute phone interview, then was called back for an in person interview shortly after. 4 hours of interviews- one hour each with hiring manager, CFO, person in same position, then the rest of the team. It felt like more of a culture/team fit assessment. Received an offer the next day- very quick and straightforward process.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CSID (Austin, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Process consisted of five interviews: an initial HR screening phone call, calls with three technical team members, and a call with their department head / manager. The interviews were primarily conversational in nature as opposed to question:answer. We discussed my work experience and background in detail and how it applied to the company's general topology and infrastructure. We also discussed the team member's various development styles and specific details about various Open Source dependencies the company utilizes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your familiarity with Agile Development?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your experience with MySQL, and are you familiar with MySQL's various ROLLBACK options?   Answer Question
    • To paraphrase: Are you comfortable you can still accomplish certain tasks if licensing issues prevent you from using a given Open Source package?   1 Answer

Managerial Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CSID (Austin, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy, however they were upfront from Day 1 about the time frame they were looking to hire for. I spoke to many different people across a range of departments both via Skype and in person. Overall, this is the smoothest interview and hiring process I've gone through. Professional, organized and instilled a lot of confidence in me as to the company I was looking to join. Skype at times was a hassle due to spotty connectivity at times, and the number of people I spoke with was quite large, but overall I have no "real" complaints. BTW - they were happy to fly me in, put me up in a nice hotel and told me to get some room service if I was hungry (and THAT was a first). Great experience. Day 1 - everything was ready and working - PC, phone, desk, etc... All set to go. Again, fantastic experience all around.

Interview Questions

• Hmmmm, the ones that centered around managerial style - you just never know what people are looking for and it could be that my way of working with folks just wouldn't work in their environment. That was obviously not a problem, but those questions are tough in general.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was really no need for negotiation as the offer met, and in many ways, exceeded my expectations. I was told up front that there was wiggle room in some areas and nothing that could be done in others and I should just ask and we could discuss. Ultimately, there was no need.

Nov 14, 2014 – Senior Human Resources Director

Thanks for the feedback! We are always looking for ways to improve the interview and onboarding experience so I'm glad it was a good one for you.