CSID

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at CSID in January 2014.

Interview Details – Process:
CSID initially contacted me and there was a phone interview with HR. Then, there was an afternoon of onsite interviews (about a week later) with employees from multiple areas of the company. Finally, there was an offer about 10 days after that.

Impressions:
People - CSID works hard to hire high quality, intelligent people that fit into their positive culture environment. Everyone that I interviewed with left me with a positive impression of both themselves and CSID.

Office - Open office concept. Lots of ways to communicate quickly and effectively. There is also a gym in the office and available to every employee.

Work culture - Amazing work culture. The company works hard to ensure that the culture is Best in Class. They do not always trumpet that effort outwards, but the employees appreciate all of the benefits/perks/culture and it makes the environment one that you want to come to every day.

Interview Question – I think the best way to answer is with regards to the most interesting interview question, which was simply "Tell me a story". There were many items implicitly included in that statement and I felt it was a great was to judge an interviewee.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, I was able to negotiate.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Marketing Assistant

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CSID in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for the position on CSID's website and was contacted by HR within the week. The HR representative was professional and respectful of my time. That next week, I had a phone interview followed by two in-person interviews with the marketing team. I was later contacted by HR with my offer. I appreciated how I was always kept in the loop of when I would expect a response and how efficient the process was, which was two-three weeks in total.

Interview Question – The interview questions were standard to include my past education and work experiences. The questions also included why I thought I might be a good fit for the positions. No trick questions.   Answer Question

Implementation Specialist Interview

Implementation Specialist

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CSID.

Interview Details – First I had a 20 minute or so phone interview with an HR member. A few days later I was contacted via phone to schedule my onsite interviews. I met with 5 different people for 30 minutes. Upon arriving I felt a little overwhelmed with all the interviews, but by the end of the day I was really glad I got to meet with so many people. I remember leaving my interviews feeling even more excited about the company and job than when I arrived. In between interviews the HR member did a great job of making sure I was comfortable (water, snacks).

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult, they did a good job of asking questions that gave me the opportunity to highlight my skills. They did a really good job of making sure I felt comfortable.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Technical Account Manager Interview

Technical Account Manager
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CSID in February 2014.

Interview Details – Went through First Interview

Interview Question – Questions/Topics discussed:
Tell me what your job responsibilities were at your previous company.
What was your salary at your previous company?
  Answer Question

Junior Accountant Interview

Junior Accountant

I applied online and interviewed at CSID.

Interview Details – I applied and received a phone call a week later. The recruiter asked me whether it was a good time to talk. I proceeded to tell her it was fine. I assumed she was going to ask me questions like salary requirements and resume review. I was totally wrong. She proceeded to ask me interview questions. After the phone interview she advised me that if the hiring manager was interested they would contact me again. Never heard anything neither did I get a courtesy email to let me know the position was filled.

Interview Question – Why would you like to work at CSID? Are you kidding me I apply to so many positions do you really think I would remember everyone one of them. I was also asked to detail a project that I did and how I went about doing it.   Answer Question

Applications Support Engineer Interview

Applications Support Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CSID in August 2013.

Interview Details – There were a series of 1:1 interviews including a technical part where some db related SQL questions and file manipulation questions were asked. Everyone was pretty nice and the discussions went on smoothly. The problem came when someone who did not interview me called the next day unexpectedly to discuss salary. A really lowball offer was put out just to gauge interest I think and to create confusion. It seemed like they were playing games. The whole thing broke down after that with the team. They decided that I was not going to be the right fit as it was going to be a new role for me even though they probably knew that I could do the job. They apparently need someone more than that for very less money.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at CSID in November 2011.

Interview Details – Well, the HR recruiter was nice. I had a phone interview with my "future" manager. I was then brought into the office to meet with her in person as well as the department head and the recruiter and took a tour of the office. All really positive feedback and the HR recruiter made the opportunity sound very promising. I felt confident about the interviews and sent thank you emails to my interviewers. The process all seemed pretty standard, but things got weird. They just did not contact me for weeks. I emailed and called the recruiter several times (but not so much as to turn him off). I received one email back saying they were still in the process of sorting out candidates. I was honestly just confused as to why I had heard nothing after what seemed to be a successful, 4 hour long interview. The interview was in mid November, before Thanksgiving. After months of trying to get an answer (I was looking for a simple NO at this point) I sent them a final email January 3rd, to which the recruiter replied on January 10th telling me they decided to move someone internally into the role. A phone call would have been nice... Didn't get the offer and honestly didn't want it after learning how they treat potential future employees.

Interview Question – Recall a difficult experience in a previous job or internship and tell us how you handled it.   Answer Question

Worked for CSID? Contribute to the Community!