CSIR Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

3.6

SRF Interview

Interview

Abstract submission for the research worked to be undertaken. Based on submitted abstracts selected candidates are called for interview . the interview is held st csir main office . the interview is totally technical.

Business Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pretoria, Gauteng (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CSIR (Pretoria, Gauteng (South Africa)) in May 2013.

Interview

I received a call followed by an email from HR about the presentation I had to prepare and submit a day before the interview. The interview consisted of a panel of four people to whom I had to pitch. The presentation was followed by a question and answer session, the whole interview lasted about an hour and a half.

Bioscience Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pretoria, Gauteng (South Africa)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CSIR (Pretoria, Gauteng (South Africa)) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview was with a panel of six,very strategic and professional. Questions were based on my academic performance, mentioning the highs and lows. At the end I did not get the internship, postgraduate qualification required.

Chief Director: Hydrogen and Energy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pretoria, Gauteng (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CSIR (Pretoria, Gauteng (South Africa)) in May 2012.

Interview

The position was advertised in the Sunday Times to which the response was sent via email. It took almost three months from application until interview. The unofficial response is a rejection and may be an official response will be sent. The interview was of 3 people with 2 already with the department. The panel was okay and so was the whole process, unless one was hoodwinked by poker faces.

Interview Questions

• How does government budget for the projects in science???   1 Answer

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CSIR (Hyderābād (India)) in January 2012.

Interview

The panel was supportive but the whole procedure was rigorous and enlightening. Apart from the usual knowledge assessment, the panel was more interested in how the research proposal would be beneficial to society, what will be the outcomes and their practical application. The proportion of selected candidates was around 35 - 40% only.

Interview Questions

• Why should we fund your proposal? How will your work be useful to the community?   Answer Question

Electronic Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pretoria, Gauteng (South Africa)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CSIR (Pretoria, Gauteng (South Africa)) in July 2009.

Interview

There were many technical questions designed to test my thinking ability. The panel also threw in a mix of personal questions to break the ice.

Interview Questions

• How do you go about routing a PCB.   1 Answer

Senior Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CSIR (Calcutta (India)) in June 2008.

Interview

You have to appear for an interview and wait for the results. No separate written exam.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.