CSL Plasma

Updated Oct 22, 2014
Updated Oct 22, 2014

2.3

Donor Tech Interview

Standard interview format, review of resume, and competency assessment. Very easy to answer questions intuitively. Toured facility, discussed pheresis process, described educational background, previous employment experience, relevant other experience. Many are students or college age employees in the centers located within college towns. Interview allows you to get a good sense of company culture.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CSL Plasma in October 2014.

Applied online and was contacted a few weeks later by the manager. Set up an interview for the following day. Interview was very relaxed, first few questions were typical , but after that it was more of a friendly conversation about past employment and experience.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. A lot of give me a time when.... Questions. I was however asked if i was on a tight schedule would i take a shortcut to get it done faster?   View Answer

The pay per hour wasn't exactly what I was looking for.

Receptionist Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at CSL Plasma.

Interview process was simple.. I filled out an application online, received a call from a very pleasant recruiter about a week later. Did a simple phone interview. Which went great, so I was scheduled a face to face interview with the district manager. Went to my face to face interview about a week later. The lady that interviewed me was very nice and informative. She walked me around the facility and let me watch one of the receptionist technicians perform so that I could decide if that was a working environment that I was comfortable working in. I was really comfortable during my interview.
    The questions she asked were simple and worded in a way that anyone could understand.

1.Describe a job you've had that required you to pay close attention to detail and explain to me how you remained focus and on task.
    2.Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation.

Those were the only two questions she asked me. We chatted about each others lives for a bit and it felt more like a conversation with a friend more so than a interview. She told me that she was very impressed with my responses and attire. She said that I was one of there top applicants and that they would be making a decision tomorrow. The next day she called me and said that they would would like to offer me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a job you've had that required you to pay close attention to detail and explain to me how you remained focus and on task.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at CSL Plasma.

Ask questions like define customer service ,,, how do you deal with angered donors who can't donate.... questions about job history what made u pick csl...why leave company you are working for

No negotiations

Phlebotomist Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at CSL Plasma.

Put in for the position for phlbomist 3 month ago, no interview or hiring on a site at all.
    Hear from one of the worker that they only young people no older people with the experience under there belt.
    People with experience can't get job here if your over 30 years old so don't apply.

Phlebotomist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CSL Plasma.

Over the phone interview and in person interview. Interview with center manager spoke most about himself and then ask me a few question about myself. Then spoke about the pay and would I be able to accept it.

Interview Questions
    • about youself and how you handling a problem on the job.   Answer Question
    They only pay non-exempt pay. Which mean it can not be negotiate. They have a set pay for every position. Except management.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CSL Plasma in July 2014.

I got a call for an interview 1 1/2 months after applying online. Found out I got the position 2 days later. I was asked 2 questions, told about the position and company, and then got to ask questions.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. They had a set salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melrose Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melrose Park, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CSL Plasma in July 2014.

This was a fairly easy interview. I received a call on Monday to come in that Tuesday for a face to face interview. I was asked a few questions on the phone and also told a few details about the positions that were open. I was asked if I was still interested in working for CSL. The next day I went in for the interview. I was asked about how I handle situations under pressure, have I ever done blood drawn before and how do I feel about working full time hours. I was asked about my work history and what I know about the phlebotomist position. I was hired on the spot, which is always a plus. I applied for the spot in April and got a call in mid July. So definitely be patient when applying to CSL.

Interview Questions
    • There aren't any difficult questions. They do care about your availability if you are looking to work full-time.   Answer Question
    You will receive a pay raise after 6 months. The pay scale is set.

Assistant Center Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CSL Plasma.

4 interviews. HR. Regional Manager. Center Manager. Field Quality. Interviews are not high pressure, but interviewees do not always sound enthusiastic. Each interview is based off behavior-situation questions. Most questions are the same each interview. Topics of Discussion: Leadership. Team building. Composure. Problem Solving...pretty basic. The HR interview is a screening interview and should be the time to ask about the interview process if you have any questions.

Interview Questions
    • What mistake have you made in leadership? How did it affect others around you and how did you respond.   Answer Question
    Pay for relocation

Assistant Center Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CSL Plasma.

I applied online directly to the company web site. I was contacted within a week by Human Resources for an interview. They asked about my experience in plasma. They asked a lot of situational questions but nothing too difficult since I had been working in plasma for 3+ years at that time. After that interview, I had another one the next week with the Regional Manager and Center Manager. They also asked a lot of situational questions. Within seven days, I was contacted with a job offer. After I accepted, I was sent an official job offer via email. All hiring paperwork was done electronically. Relocation was offered. The transition was very smooth.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when made a decision that was unpopular with the staff.   Answer Question