CSM Corporation

Updated Aug 11, 2014
Updated Aug 11, 2014

2.4

Sales Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CSM Corporation.

My interview(s) for a Sales Manager position with CSM was one of the more difficult of job interviews I've had. The questions were hard-hitting and dug deep - make sure you go into your interviews prepared with answers regarding your market, your experience, what you'll bring to the company (as well as how you'll do it), explanation of your strengths/weaknesses, and how to deal with some complex challenges.

If your interview is anything like mine, as a manager, you'll first interview by phone with a member of HR. If they feel you're a good fit, you'll end up meeting with your department head first. The second interview was with the regional representative, followed by a third interview with the General Managers of the properties you'll represent. All-in-all, I probably went through three or four interview sessions with different people before an offer was made. This seems to be very standard.

I knew going in that it was a lengthy process and that CSM very much tests their applicants - it can be a harder company to get into, but CSM is extremely committed to their culture and takes great care to ensure their hires will be good fits with not only their future co-workers, but company as a whole.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time a business decision (such as rejecting a reservation or giving a big rate hike) had a negative impact on one of your accounts. How did you navigate the challenge of balancing your client's loyalty and satisfaction with the business needs of your employer?   Answer Question
    Negotiating was tough. I came in about $5,000 above what they ultimately offered. I countered in between my original offer and their offer, and they lowballed me to $1,000 above their original offer. I felt that they didn't take my background or qualifications into consideration, and instead were paying me based on my job title/sales markets, rather than my experience. If you negotiate (which you always should), be prepared to give ample evidence of why you deserve more.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CSM Corporation.

Initial round was a phone interview with the DOS, followed by an online personality quiz. After that was a phone interview with the DOS's supervisor (Regional DOS). Then had a personal interview with the DOS and GM (separately).

Interview Questions
    • What if you and your direct supervisor did not get along?   Answer Question
    Was able to negotiate a significantly higher salary.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CSM Corporation.

There were three seperate interviews for an entry level position. I was able to meet with the vice president of the division and talk with others who I would have been working with. Overall it was a pleasant company and a job that would provide excellent challenges. Exciting career opportunity.

Interview Questions
    Farily simple, quick and easy

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CSM Corporation in October 2013.

I found the job on Craigslist, applied, and got a call back two days later to come in for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • It was a standard, quick interview, no unusual questions. I was interviewed by the front desk manager and then the GM.   Answer Question
    The AGM said "Well, although you failed your drug test...just kidding." and then she offered me the job...

Night Auditor Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CSM Corporation in June 2013.

Overall process was fairl simple. Turned in an application/resume online through their website and got a call the next day for an interview a couple of days later. Interview took about an hour and the questions were pretty general. Covered past experiences, hypothetical situations and potential concerns

Account Executive Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CSM Corporation.

Applied online, interviewed with direct manager, then again with the GM.