CSR Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2015

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at CSR (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through college career website, process took about a week. Recruiter contacted me with email. I had two telephonic interview rounds with the team members, for which i was interviewing. First interviewer did resume screening and asked general questions about projects, we had a brief discussion on the projects. Second Interview was with a project manager, he asked some basic questions on projects. They asked me to come down to there office for onsite. however recruiter never get back to me after then.

Interview Questions

• tell me about IoT developement   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CSR (Auburn Hills, MI) in July 2014.

Interview

Compare to other tech companies such as Google and Microsoft, It is really laid back. The only downside is the HR, they are not willing to let down in salary negotiation and the company perks are basically none existence.

Interview Questions

• Didn't really encounter any. However, be careful for communication issues with a mutli-lingual members.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR basically wouldn't give up any bit

DSP Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CSR (Auburn Hills, MI) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got an email from the recruiter with in a week. I scheduled a phone screen to speak with her a week after that. At the day of the interview I waited for her to call, but she did not call me. I emailed her about it and she said she missed her remainder on outlook and rescheduled it to the next day. Everything went well, she explained about the position and asked a few normal questions about my relocation, work authorization etc. At the end of the call she scheduled a technical interview with Sr. DSP Software Engineer of the team the next day. The interview went well, questions were more on sampling theorem, Fourier transform, fixed point representation etc. He said they are also interviewing more people at this time and they should be deciding in a week. I tried to follow up after a week. I did not get any response. I again wrote a follow message on linkedIn after a month to the recruiter. Then I finally got a email response after a week that they are positive about my performance and she would get back to me very soon to schedule a next interview, as they are just getting started with the next stage of interviews. I did not hear back from her after that for a month. I tried following up again and then she replied that they moved with other candidates for that position. It was a total waste of time. It took almost 2 months to hear that after my interview with the team member. I asked about the feed back but as usual there is no response.

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CSR (Tempe, AZ) in May 2013.

Interview

RTL Design Experience, Multi cycle paths, false paths, setup hold definitions, Compute Architecture , I don't remember the exact problem but was give a sheet of information on specifications for a architecture and was asked to design a system level flow,

Interview Questions

• I don't remember the exact problem but was give a sheet of information on specifications for a architecture and was asked to design a system level flow,   Answer Question

ASIC Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CSR.

Interview

Initially HR spoke over phone and conducted an informal interview and has set up time for technical interview.The technical interview was more or less on the resume.

Interview Questions

• Difference between two way set associative cache and Direct mapped Cache.I have given two differences but missed the third one.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CSR (Memphis, TN) in June 2011.

Interview

We sat down and continued to talk about how this was a real job. The problem was that they tried to use the economy as the reason why they paid so little. Ten dollars though It seems like I could have worked for Target If I wanted that. It seemed like it was unskilled managment.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to do here?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CSR (San Jose, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

They like C language trivia and speak about why you are interested / past experience.

Interview Questions

• Implement int value bit counting.   2 Answers
    • Integer shift right-left, what happens by shifting to more than the integer bit size, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Don't rush... think if this position is what you're looking for. Maybe that, maybe not.

Interview

the firrst was Phone then recruiters then manager 3 weeks process gives youfeedback by email interesting experience .repetitive questions.unsure what theyre looking for.very friendly rectuiter....the second person to person interview was weird

Lead Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at CSR in August 2014.

Interview

Got a call from HR through online job portals. Since I was outstation candidate, had one round of telephonic interview. Then was called to Bangalore within 3 days. The interview started at 10 AM and ended at 6 PM. 3 rounds of technical interviews and 1 round of HR interview.

Interview Questions

• One of the technical round went till transistor level questions, and it was quite fascinating.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Dint do any negotiations.

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at CSR (Bangalore (India)) in July 2014.

Interview

Attended the interview @CSR Bangalore, the interview is for the Automation engineer for iOS and android platform. They were looking for candidates with a development background to automate and test their blue tooth products . Was asked to write a inter app communication in iOS platform.

Interview Questions

• Interview was easy as the interviewer was looking mainly your coding and ios platform skills.   Answer Question