CSR Interview Questions

Updated Sep 30, 2014

2.9

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CSR in July 2014.

Compare to other tech companies such as Google and Microsoft, It is really laid back. The only downside is the HR, they are not willing to let down in salary negotiation and the company perks are basically none existence.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't really encounter any. However, be careful for communication issues with a mutli-lingual members.   Answer Question
    HR basically wouldn't give up any bit

DSP Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CSR in February 2014.

I applied online and got an email from the recruiter with in a week. I scheduled a phone screen to speak with her a week after that.

At the day of the interview I waited for her to call, but she did not call me. I emailed her about it and she said she missed her remainder on outlook and rescheduled it to the next day. Everything went well, she explained about the position and asked a few normal questions about my relocation, work authorization etc. At the end of the call she scheduled a technical interview with Sr. DSP Software Engineer of the team the next day.

The interview went well, questions were more on sampling theorem, Fourier transform, fixed point representation etc. He said they are also interviewing more people at this time and they should be deciding in a week. I tried to follow up after a week. I did not get any response. I again wrote a follow message on linkedIn after a month to the recruiter. Then I finally got a email response after a week that they are positive about my performance and she would get back to me very soon to schedule a next interview, as they are just getting started with the next stage of interviews. I did not hear back from her after that for a month. I tried following up again and then she replied that they moved with other candidates for that position.

It was a total waste of time. It took almost 2 months to hear that after my interview with the team member. I asked about the feed back but as usual there is no response.

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CSR in May 2013.

RTL Design Experience,
    Multi cycle paths, false paths,
    setup hold definitions,
    Compute Architecture ,

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember the exact problem but was give a sheet of information on specifications for a architecture and was asked to design a system level flow,   Answer Question

ASIC Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CSR.

Initially HR spoke over phone and conducted an informal interview and has set up time for technical interview.The technical interview was more or less on the resume.

Interview Questions
    • Difference between two way set associative cache and Direct mapped Cache.I have given two differences but missed the third one.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

The process took a dayinterviewed at CSR in June 2011.

We sat down and continued to talk about how this was a real job. The problem was that they tried to use the economy as the reason why they paid so little. Ten dollars though It seems like I could have worked for Target If I wanted that. It seemed like it was unskilled managment.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at CSR in June 2011.

They like C language trivia and speak about why you are interested / past experience.

Interview Questions
    • Implement int value bit counting.   View Answers (2)
    • Integer shift right-left, what happens by shifting to more than the integer bit size, etc.   View Answer
    Don't rush... think if this position is what you're looking for. Maybe that, maybe not.

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at CSR in July 2014.

Attended the interview @CSR Bangalore, the interview is for the Automation engineer for iOS and android platform. They were looking for candidates with a development background to automate and test their blue tooth products . Was asked to write a inter app communication in iOS platform.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was easy as the interviewer was looking mainly your coding and ios platform skills.   Answer Question

Senior Software Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CSR in June 2014.

Applied against their advertised position through linkedin. There was one round of phone screening and one f2f at their office. Met the hiring manager, who was very warm and enthusiastic, and explained what the company does, the role, expectations, etc.

It seems they do not have the expertise to interview software positions on their own as they are mainly hardware company, so they possibly hired an external guy to interview me. It was the same guy who did my screening.

Unfortunately the 'technical' went futile, as I was not asked any technical question nor about my expertise or experience. I was presented with two rather irrelevant puzzles. I did both, to one of which he disagreed but could not convince me. Anyway, I never bothered.

At the end, the manager came back and told me that I am rejected. I pointed out that the interviewer did not discuss anything that is relevant with my experience/, expertise nor the role. It seemed that they are looking for some 'problem solver' ... and not a SME who is experienced to handle complex software projects involving diverse technologies.

Interview Questions
    • There are n letters and m threads. Each thread would print a letter, one after the other until all the letters are printed. Write a thread procedure pseudo code for this.   View Answer
    • How to detect presence of a closed loop inside a singly linked list and find out the start of the loop   View Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CSR.

It was one of the most gruesome and long technical interview. Interviewer covered everything from what I have done so far to what the role demanded. It started with simple theoretical questions to writing long little complex programs to solving tricky engineering problems. Interviewer not only tested knowledge on concerned subjects but also judged logical and analytical capabilities.
    Some the questions seems to be testing your nature more than your intelligence.

HR interview was more of discussion; a very simple and short discussion.

Interview Questions
    • There were some subjects demanded by offered role which my previous employment didn't; thus was unfamiliar. Interviewer was kind enough to explain these unfamiliar topics before asking me to solve related engineering problem.   Answer Question
    HR had asked about my salary expectation. Honestly I was so impressed to the interviewer I was ready to grab any kind of offer. I was surprised by their offer which was more than double my salary at that time. HR called to explained salary structure, benefits, policies and salary work culture.

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at CSR in January 2014.

i was reffered by my friend. thety took one week for telephonic in which they asked some simple question.
    afeter 25 days they called me for face to face interview in which they asked verilog and tecnical puzzle and AHB. they did not touch importabnt tpoics like CMOS, Timing, CDC etc

Interview Questions
    • DESIGN A VERILOG MODULE HAVING INPUT FROM 1 TO 100 IN RANDOM ORDER. AFTER RECEIVING 99 NUMBER GIVE 100TH NUMBER AS OUTPUT   View Answer