CSS Corporation

Updated Dec 1, 2014
Updated Dec 1, 2014

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CSS Corporation in May 2014.

I was contacting by their HR department. I am not sure if I applied directly or if they contacted me via Monster and/or LinkedIn. First, I had a phone screening interview. There was some basic technical questions and also questions about my work history and technical background. At this point, a face to face interview was scheduled. I arrived and did not have to wait long. The instructions to get to the building could have been more helpful, but I found the place. The interview started, and surprisingly to me, we had to go through everything again from the phone screening interview, because the person interviewing me did not seem to be prepared or have my resume (he also took a phone call at the beginning of the interview, never a good sign). We proceeded to talk about my technical background and job history. At this point we went into sort of troubleshooting scenarios, not having a major understanding of the position what I would be doing, (I did research before coming in and gathered as much as I could about the position) I didn't feel I was answering to what they were looking for. It was a lot of "okay, that's not the problem, so what else?" or "then what, tried that, then what, tried that, then what?" sort of scenarios. At this point I thought, this isn't going well, but I still did my best to answer and if I didn't know something explicitly I was honest and said so. We then went through VLAN's and STP questions scenarios, this is something I don't have a ton of experience with but know the basic concepts. When he asked another question, I said I wasn't sure, at this point he bluntly ended that part of the interview by saying "ok thank you, that's fine (meaning that's enough)" or something to that effect. I found that to be a bit rude and condescending, but then again, I already knew at this point I wasn't quite what they were looking for obviously. Very strange that they would schedule a face to face interview after the prescreen phone interview when I basically told them everything the same. Still, he did ask if I had any questions, which I did, I asked what sort of environment is this like, rows of cubicles, call center type place? Also, I asked how big the team was that I would be working on and he laughed and said he could not tell me that. I really found that strange, as every time I have asked that at other interviews it wasn't treated as some sort of top secret info. Nonetheless, I think we made our minds up this wasn't right for either of us. I politely said thank you and left the interview shaking my head as I left to the car to leave.

Recruiter Interview

Very simple online process

Very straight forward

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

I applied online – interviewed at CSS Corporation.

I had 2 interviews and was told that they would let me know the result by the next week. But, I did not get a proper response after that. They just told me that I am a good candidate and left me waiting for a month.

Interview Questions
    • Asking technical questions which are not relavent to your experience and your resume   Answer Question

Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CSS Corporation in July 2012.

It is a campus hiring interview with 3 rounds. 1st 2 rounds consists of GD and next round managerial.
    Only 1 got selected in 100.prepare well. prepare well
    They requires good communication skills, All the rounds will be conducted by only one HR

Network Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CSS Corporation in October 2014.

1. HR round 1 (for vocabulary testing).
    2. Senior HR round (for personality testing).
    3. Technical Round (for basic knowledge)
    4. Client Interview (conversation with members of the client company, which ever process you are assigned to.
    5. Appointment.

Non negotiable.

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CSS Corporation.

Require better interview process. Interviewer should posses adequate skills. Do not share the same kind of questions and do not ask the same questions when interviewing candidates from the same company / college.

What negotiation?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CSS Corporation in July 2014.

Applied online on naukiri.com ,HR called in person and conducted a small interview ,he wanted primarily to know my English skills and asked me to narrate any "proud moments in college life" having narrated an incident he asked me to come to their office for a F2F interview .Hired on the spot no salary neogtiations done ,offer too low for an engineering graduate and work resembles a "Techincal call center "

Interview Questions
    • no diffcult questions at all only a check of my command over English language   Answer Question

Being an Engineering graduate the work offered (Technical assistance for netgear) was certainly underemployment however sugar coated the HR puts it ,Salary offer was too low not satisfactory (Techinical call center)

Network Engineer Interview

There was a group discussion as the first round after which there were tow technical rounds in which the first one was basic networking and the second one was more focused on wireless access points and controlers

Technical Support Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CSS Corporation.

Hired through Walk-In.Interview process mainly include English language skills.They will give a random topic or ask us to pick any topic(movies,book...) and we have to speak for 3 or 4 minute.Then there is GD(general topic nothing in particular). Selected candidates will asked to come the next day with necessary documents and will be given offer letter. CSS will provide technical training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CSS Corporation in May 2014.

The first round was GD where we were asked to explain about ourselves. In that i was asked to brief about my hobbies. The next round was f2f interview with hr. Questions were quite normal and usual,but took lot of time for the process.The overall experience was good

Interview Questions
    • How did you manage your co curricular activities your day to day activities?   Answer Question