CSU Fullerton

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Student Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CSU Fullerton.

Interview Details – easy just hr interview and 1 easy technical interview

Front Desk Student Assistant Interview

Fullerton, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at CSU Fullerton in August 2012.

Interview Details – Single person being asked questions by two office employees (the direct supervisor of the position and the supervisor's closest co-worker). It took less than an hour to complete the interview and about 3 days to hear back with their decision.

Interview Question – What are your strengths and weaknesses?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Only able to negotiate work schedule around classes but could had to fill up the 20 hours per week and could not cut back on work load.

Human Resources Director Interview

Fullerton, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CSU Fullerton in December 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of a panel interview over the phone and another, in person panel interview. The people on the panel were pleasant and the interview in person took about 45 minutes. I was told that a decision would be made within 2 days as to whom they would proceed with and that I would be contacted by the end of that week with their decision. Many weeks have now passed and I can presume that I was not selected to continue. Having worked in human resources for many years and held numerous phone and in person interviews, I make sure to contact all candidates I have spoken to, either by email or phone so they are not left hanging. I would have expected this from a large university like CSUF but their lack of follow up has left me feeling as if I am fortunate to have not been chosen.

Interview Question – None were that difficult or unexpected. Most of the questions had to do with scenarios that I had dealt with in the past and were experiences that I had actually had. A panel interview can be difficult for some but I found that these interviewers were non threatening and they asked questions that were expected for this type of position.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Hardware Verification Engineer Interview

Fullerton, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at CSU Fullerton in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was long but there were very basic questions regarding skills.

Interview Questions

• what is VHDL, Verilog?   View Answer
  • what is system verilog? What is use of System Verilog? Do you know C, C++? Do you know Unix?   View Answer

GA In Business School Interview

Fullerton, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CSU Fullerton in January 2009.

Interview Details – got a phone call from the secrect. on site interview. took about 20 min. ask basic questions about resume.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – salary are none negotiable.

Assistant to the Dean At CSU Irvine Campus Interview

Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CSU Fullerton in July 2010.

Interview Details – First there was a panel interview, followed a few weeks later by a skills assessment test. It took a few weeks for them to make a decision, and I was notified by email that I was not selected for the job. They did a good job of showing me around the campus following the in-person interview - nice touch. I had some contact with the HR department in between interviews, so I really thought I had a shot. The location of the campus was somewhat scary, located in the former El Toro base in the Great Park. However, they are moving in a few months nearby the Irvine Spectrum. That made a big difference for me, or else I would not have taken the job. The people were nice, but the work culture seems a little quiet for me, coming from a much larger organization.

Interview Question – Explain a situation when a sensitive or difficult issue came up on the job, and how you handled it with the client, as well as your immediate co-workers.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Student Assistant Interview

Fullerton, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at CSU Fullerton in February 2008.

Interview Details – It was a very simple interview process that consisted of questions about my work background, and how I react to negative situations. This was my first job, and I'd guess the interview process would be similar to getting a job in any other kind of office setting. Really nice people that didn't make me nervous at all.

Interview Question – How do you respond to an irate individual?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for CSU Fullerton? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CSU Fullerton interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by CSU Fullerton employees and interview candidates.