CSU Long Beach

Relevance Date Difficulty

Management Interview

Management
Long Beach, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CSU Long Beach in December 2010.

Interview Details – our site, and in th

Interview Question – suspicious we will l   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Event Services Interview

Event Services
Long Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CSU Long Beach.

Interview Details – Very simple and lacking any real screening.

Student Assistant Interview

Student Assistant
Long Beach, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at CSU Long Beach in October 2011.

Interview Details – Job found on Beach Link. I turned in my application and got a call a few days later. Easy interview, they just want to get to know how you are as a person.

Interview Question – What do you want to do with your major?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Temporary Sales Associate Interview

Temporary Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CSU Long Beach.

Interview Details – Applied online before the new semester started and was called in for a group interview about a week or two later. I interviewed with four other people and it was a group interview so we all had to answer the same question. I had the misfortune of going first so I had to think quickly on my feet, but I think they liked that.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a shoplifter?   View Answer

Lead Student Assistant Interview

Lead Student Assistant
Long Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CSU Long Beach in February 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was based on what skills you possess and your availability

Interview Question – Can you commit to the job for an extended period of time?   Answer Question

Copywriter Interview

Copywriter
Long Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CSU Long Beach in February 2011.

Interview Details – I received an email from the HR representative, who set up an in-person interview for me. I was then interviewed by a panel of 5 people (whom I would be working with closely), and each person asked me at least two questions. I was also encouraged to ask questions about the position and the organization. Shortly afterward I received a call from my now-supervisor offering me the position, and I accepted. Everyone was very friendly and easy to talk to, and I felt welcome.

Interview Question – "Tell us about a time when you had to solve a difficult problem at work."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate because they started me at the highest rate of pay that they could. I took a 15 percent salary decrease for this job, but I'm glad that I did because my quality of life is much better.

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Long Beach, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CSU Long Beach in January 2012.

Interview Details – My supervisor and chairman took the interview and analyzed everything based on my interview appearance.

Interview Question – Do you know Labview? What experience do you have in that?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is usually no room for negotiation for positions like this.

Student Services Interview

Student Services
Long Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CSU Long Beach in November 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted online app, resume and cover letter online Oct 9
Contacted for interview via telephone approximately 30 days later
Interview was with the Program Director (as main interviewer) and one of their corporate partners
Main Interviewer was seemed a tad pressed for time, overwhelmed and not really present or interested
Parking can be very challenging here so allow extra time for locating it and/or walking some distance

Interview Questions

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Long Beach, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CSU Long Beach in August 2010.

Interview Details – great company

Interview Question – why do you want to work for us?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – do research

Graduate Assistant Interview

Graduate Assistant
Long Beach, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at CSU Long Beach in September 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was done onsite by 2 faculty members. Each of the pitched their experiences with the University and the objectives of the college. They then proceeded to ask me about my experience in teaching and assistance to the community. I answered clearly and felt OVERLY confident about the position I wanted. I even told them that my end goal is to make it further than Graduate Assistant but to a more establish teaching position.

Interview Question – What kind of input can you give to undergraduate students?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase

Worked for CSU Long Beach? Contribute to the Community!