CSU Long Beach Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2014
Updated Oct 13, 2014

2.4

Graduate Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CSU Long Beach in September 2014.

Applied for an Graduate Assistant Position by submitting my resume and cover letter to HR. 1 month later I got a straight job offer from a Professor that asked me to work in coorperation with him.

Event Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CSU Long Beach.

Very simple and lacking any real screening.

Temporary Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CSU Long Beach.

Applied online before the new semester started and was called in for a group interview about a week or two later. I interviewed with four other people and it was a group interview so we all had to answer the same question. I had the misfortune of going first so I had to think quickly on my feet, but I think they liked that.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CSU Long Beach in January 2012.

My supervisor and chairman took the interview and analyzed everything based on my interview appearance.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know Labview? What experience do you have in that?   View Answer
    There is usually no room for negotiation for positions like this.

Student Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CSU Long Beach in November 2011.

Submitted online app, resume and cover letter online Oct 9
    Contacted for interview via telephone approximately 30 days later
    Interview was with the Program Director (as main interviewer) and one of their corporate partners
    Main Interviewer was seemed a tad pressed for time, overwhelmed and not really present or interested
    Parking can be very challenging here so allow extra time for locating it and/or walking some distance

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at CSU Long Beach in October 2011.

Job found on Beach Link. I turned in my application and got a call a few days later. Easy interview, they just want to get to know how you are as a person.

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CSU Long Beach in February 2011.

I received an email from the HR representative, who set up an in-person interview for me. I was then interviewed by a panel of 5 people (whom I would be working with closely), and each person asked me at least two questions. I was also encouraged to ask questions about the position and the organization. Shortly afterward I received a call from my now-supervisor offering me the position, and I accepted. Everyone was very friendly and easy to talk to, and I felt welcome.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell us about a time when you had to solve a difficult problem at work."   View Answer
    I wasn't able to negotiate because they started me at the highest rate of pay that they could. I took a 15 percent salary decrease for this job, but I'm glad that I did because my quality of life is much better.

Lead Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CSU Long Beach in February 2011.

Interview was based on what skills you possess and your availability

Interview Questions
    • Can you commit to the job for an extended period of time?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CSU Long Beach in December 2010.

our site, and in th

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at CSU Long Beach in September 2010.

The interview was done onsite by 2 faculty members. Each of the pitched their experiences with the University and the objectives of the college. They then proceeded to ask me about my experience in teaching and assistance to the community. I answered clearly and felt OVERLY confident about the position I wanted. I even told them that my end goal is to make it further than Graduate Assistant but to a more establish teaching position.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of input can you give to undergraduate students?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation phase