CSX

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Conductor

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CSX.

Interview Details – Applied online through the CSX website. The interview was a group session as there were multiple positions to be filled. First, there were a few basic tests... basic math, reading comprehension, etc.

After passing those, the remaining applicants moved on to individual interview sessions. There were tow separate sections set up each with 2 company representatives.

Interview Question – Basic Interview questions were asked. Just remember to stress your personal work safety record.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase, as everything is negotiated by a Labor Union.

Conductor

I applied online and interviewed at CSX.

Interview Details – There were about 20 people in the interview group, went through and presentation to give you a feel for what is like to work a a conductor. Give you all the bad things about the job, just so that you know what you are getting into and you do not quit if you get hired. Then there was a 2 on 1 interview, pretty basic questions.

Interview Question – None of the question were unexpected or hard, just mostly about your past and safety performance.   Answer Question

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at CSX in May 2010.

Interview Details – Very detailed, process. They even called my neighbor and asked them to answer questions about my character. Very thorough drug test and physical are required as well.

Interview Question – What would you do if you observed an a fellow employee drinking on the job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

New Orleans, LA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CSX in August 2008.

Interview Details – applyed online
went to interview
   took test(pass and got 1 on1 interview)
got offer 2 weeks later
went to atl for 6 weeks of class training

Interview Question – was there a time when you had to correct a unsafe act.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Conductor

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at CSX in March 2012.

Interview Details – The applicant process was very difficult and time consuming. After the application was completed and on-line assessment test was given. There was no feedback or any indication after the test was completed what was the next step. After completing the application and testing was able to appy for jobs posted. Certain jobs would require additional testing before you could apply for the job.

After all the application and testing work was completed received several email saying I was not selected, even though I know I am well qualified and capable of performing the job. Had one phone interview with an HR person that arrogant and did not seem care or was listening to what I was saying, I had to repeat my responses more than a couple times to questions.

Interview Question – Would you place a higher priority and give up your personal time for the benefit of the company?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Conductor

The process took 4 months - interviewed at CSX in June 2012.

Interview Details – CSX prefers to hire people within a 50 mile radius of job postings. Do not quote me, this is what the recruiter said. Nevertheless, applied to job in Feb. got interview in June. Easy interview. Session is a roughly 3 hour presentation of the job, followed with a break, then 1-1 interviews. Your interview order is based upon time of arrival. Somebody showed up 30 minutes prior to the start of the presentation and was second to last! If you are offered an opportunity to interview, show up early! Furthermore, safety is imperative with CSX; as a result, it would behoove you to have a history of safety performance. Lastly, please remember your interview really begins with the beginning of the presentation and does not end till you say goodbye with the interviewer. Good luck!

Interview Question – How would you motivate a group of individuals to accomplish a difficult task?   View Answer

Worked for CSX? Contribute to the Community!