CSX

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and interviewed at CSX.

Interview Details – The process lasted all day , without a lunch break . Make sure to eat a full breakfast.It consists of a scenario involving a discontent employee. A lengthy interview about yourself, they want to know specifics on tasks that you accomplished, what goals and outcomes where achieved. And finally , you are placed in a conference room , where you are observed similar to a science experiment . You are made to work with the people you are competing against for the job in group exercise. Essentially you are pitted against each other for their amusement , you are expected to formulate a answer to something involving train scheduling. Remember to drink water , and don't forget that breakfast! It is a fairly intense day , In all likelihood you will be tired and confused after the process.

Interview Question – There was no one question per Se. The most difficult part of the process is conveying that you are what they are looking for in the format they are wanting. It is unlikely that any of the people interviewing you ever went through any type of process similar to this to get into the industry.   Answer Question

Engineering Management Trainee

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CSX.

Interview Details – They fly (or you drive out) to a hotel in Jacksonville the night before. The next day you meet in a conference room with a group (I had 8). They give you a background on the company, the possible positions you can have and some of the benefits of working for the railroad. You then go to three different situations: (1) 2 on 1 panel interview; (2) role play; (3) committee decision-making.

Interview Question – The hardest questions they asked were about situations in school/work where you had to deal with a difficult situation and how do you solve it.   Answer Question

Jacksonville, FL

Interviewed at CSX

Interview Details – The first interview took place on campus with just one engineer rep. Basic questions tell me about a time scenario. Second interview took place via webcam. Same basic questions. Final interview took place in Jacksonville, FL. Very structured process that included a job preview, role play exercise, one on two interview, and a leaderless group decision making exercise.

Interview Question – The role play was the most difficult. I was given 15 minutes to review a scenario that involved me needing to deal with a disgruntled union employee who didnt trust management.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Engineer Management Trainee Interview

Engineer Management Trainee
Greensboro, NC

I applied through college or university and interviewed at CSX.

Interview Details – Came to our campus career fair. Interviewed the next day and eventually sent a three part test. The test was timed...2 parts behavioral and a math and finance section. The test was fair. The follow up wasn't timely but the processs overall was handled in a professional manner. THe recruiters spoke highly of their jobs, who had beenn students at my university.

Interview Question – Things did not move quickly.   Answer Question

Engineering Management Trainee

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CSX in October 2011.

Interview Details – The longest interview I have ever been too! Started promptly at 8am and ended a little after 12pm. Approx. 4hrs of interviewing, with multiple interviews, play role(acting), and one large combined interview.

Interview Question – What safety rule could u implement to better the company?   Answer Question

Worked for CSX? Contribute to the Community!