Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at CSX
- Freight Conductor (14)
- Finance Leadership Development Program Associate (8)
- Conductor (7)
- Engineering Management Trainee (5)
- Trainmaster Trainee (4)
- Financial Analyst (4)
- Management Trainee (4)
- Finance Management Trainee (4)
- Intern (4)
- Clerk (3)
- Analyst (3)
- Manager (3)
- Operations Research Manager (2)
- Dispatcher (2)
- Trainmaster (2)
- Finance (2)
- Locomotive Engineer (2)
- Track Worker (2)
- Finance Leadership Development Program (2)
- Mechanical External Trainee (2)
- Information Management Trainee Prgram (1)
- Intern for Middleware (1)
- Freight Train Conductor (1)
- Road Electrician (1)
- Manager Field Investigations (1)
- CSX Freight Conductor (1)
- External Trainmaster (1)
- Regional Sales and Leasing (1)
- CSX Finance Leadership Development (1)
- Finance Leadership Development Intern (1)
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CSX.
Applied online through campus recruiting. Interviewed over the phone, very basic questions. Mostly they told me about the position and the department. A lot of interest in the software I knew how to use (Tableau, SAP, and Access). They use Sharepoint a lot. After the phone interview, they called me back less than a week later to extend the offer. I didn't officially start for another 2 months after that.
- Out of all the other applicants, why should we give this position to you? 1 Answer
I just asked what the pay rate was and how flexible the hours could be. It was very casual and they were completely willing to work around my school schedule. I didn't negotiate the rate, I thought it more than fair.
Other Interview Reviews for CSX
Intern InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CSX (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2013.
Phone interview then web interview then panel interview. They asked the same questions
- How can you make something more efficient Answer Question
Intern InterviewAccepted OfferAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CSX (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2012.
Phone interview with two recruiters Behavioral base and resume overlook questions. Nothing hard. 1:1 phone interview with technical guy. Asked some questions regarding tell me how you would go about doing this. They basically are looking at your thought process. The process was relaxing about 5-10 questions. Offer came about a week later.
- What are your weaknesses? Answer Question
No negotiation as pay for interns are based on classification in school
Intern InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CSX (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2008.
A VP of the organization interviewed me over the phone. It was a stardard issue interview. Harping on your academic experience and technical skills goes a long way in succeeding to get a position with this company. The technical know-how of the employees in the corporate side is below average compared to other organizations. Excel, Powerpoint, and Access skills are very valuable. The corporate culture of the organization is VERY traditional. It does feel somewhat like a good-old-boy network.....