CSX

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CSX.

Interview Details – Applied online through campus recruiting. Interviewed over the phone, very basic questions. Mostly they told me about the position and the department. A lot of interest in the software I knew how to use (Tableau, SAP, and Access). They use Sharepoint a lot. After the phone interview, they called me back less than a week later to extend the offer. I didn't officially start for another 2 months after that.

Interview Question – Out of all the other applicants, why should we give this position to you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I just asked what the pay rate was and how flexible the hours could be. It was very casual and they were completely willing to work around my school schedule. I didn't negotiate the rate, I thought it more than fair.

Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CSX in October 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview then web interview then panel interview. They asked the same questions

Interview Question – How can you make something more efficient   Answer Question

Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CSX in April 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview with two recruiters Behavioral base and resume overlook questions. Nothing hard. 1:1 phone interview with technical guy. Asked some questions regarding tell me how you would go about doing this. They basically are looking at your thought process. The process was relaxing about 5-10 questions. Offer came about a week later.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as pay for interns are based on classification in school

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CSX in February 2008.

Interview Details – A VP of the organization interviewed me over the phone. It was a stardard issue interview. Harping on your academic experience and technical skills goes a long way in succeeding to get a position with this company. The technical know-how of the employees in the corporate side is below average compared to other organizations.

Excel, Powerpoint, and Access skills are very valuable.

The corporate culture of the organization is VERY traditional. It does feel somewhat like a good-old-boy network.....

Interview Questions

Worked for CSX? Contribute to the Community!