CSX Intern Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CSX.

Applied online through campus recruiting. Interviewed over the phone, very basic questions. Mostly they told me about the position and the department. A lot of interest in the software I knew how to use (Tableau, SAP, and Access). They use Sharepoint a lot. After the phone interview, they called me back less than a week later to extend the offer. I didn't officially start for another 2 months after that.

Interview Questions
  • Out of all the other applicants, why should we give this position to you?   View Answer
I just asked what the pay rate was and how flexible the hours could be. It was very casual and they were completely willing to work around my school schedule. I didn't negotiate the rate, I thought it more than fair.

Other Interview Reviews for CSX

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CSX in October 2013.

Phone interview then web interview then panel interview. They asked the same questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CSX in April 2012.

Phone interview with two recruiters Behavioral base and resume overlook questions. Nothing hard. 1:1 phone interview with technical guy. Asked some questions regarding tell me how you would go about doing this. They basically are looking at your thought process. The process was relaxing about 5-10 questions. Offer came about a week later.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation as pay for interns are based on classification in school

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CSX in February 2008.

A VP of the organization interviewed me over the phone. It was a stardard issue interview. Harping on your academic experience and technical skills goes a long way in succeeding to get a position with this company. The technical know-how of the employees in the corporate side is below average compared to other organizations.

Excel, Powerpoint, and Access skills are very valuable.

The corporate culture of the organization is VERY traditional. It does feel somewhat like a good-old-boy network.....