CSX

Updated Feb 4, 2015
Updated Feb 4, 2015

Railroad Conductor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CSX.

Hiring was based on skills tests and questions about past experiences. You would be given a question about a past work experience so that they can evaluate if you will work safely and in accordance with the rules

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if someone refused to work safe   View Answer
    You are paid the contract rates

Track Worker Interview

Just applied for the CSX track worker job in WV. Took the online assessment test and I believe I did well except for the math part in which I ran out of time before completion. I will update this if I get invited to their hiring session.

Engineering Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CSX.

Aplied online. It is a very long process. Hr is very friendly, but I imagine they get tons of people applying. Overall, I thought everyone was very professional. Just be patient.

Freight Conductor Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at CSX in December 2014.

Interview was based on general work experience. Interviewers talmed alot about safety and how would you react in certain situations. Interviewers also asked about being on a 2 hour recall.

Interview Questions
    • How would you react to a supervisor asking you to perform an unsafe act?   Answer Question
    Salary was predetermined

Sales and Marketing Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at CSX in November 2014.

The process was interesting, I met with about 8 people in the the organization, and they all had my resume in advance, and they all questioned me. Questions were simple, they were often more informative. I

Mechanical External Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CSX in November 2014.

First is a basic videochat interview which lasted maybe 30 minutes. If you make it to the second round they fly you to Jacksonville Florida where you have a face to face interview that is broken down into 3 different sections. The order of these sections will be determined by the group your placed into. 1. Personal Interview 2. Group Discussion Exercise 3. Roleplaying Exercise. Once you finish the three sections you are free to go and they will be in touch within 2 weeks to give you a yay or nay on a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Mainly questions dealing with previous situations I have been in leadership positions and what outcomes came about in tough leadership situations.   Answer Question

Technology Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CSX.

E-mail for times for phone panel interview, 3 person panel in phone call, lasted about 35 min, mostly behavioral questions, asked about group work when things went well and when it didn't, asked about my technical skills, and asked about a time where time was a big issue and how I handled it; there were about 3-4 scripted questions plus some follow ups on what I said

LDP Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CSX.

Pretty easy interview process just behavioral questions. Leadership roles, previous experiences etc.

Supply Chain Management Trainee Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CSX.

After completing the online application, I received an email stating that I had been selected to move to the next part of the process. I scheduled a phone interview with a recruiter which lasted approximately 30 minutes. He asked very basic interview questions to gauge my level of interest in the company and the program, my willingness to relocate, and my academic and professional experience up until that point.

Freight Conductor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CSX.

Got a phone called stating I was qualified. Now I'm waiting. I hv been reading other comments and reviews and it all seems pretty consistent. Idk what my next step is because they left a message so I have to return call back tomorro. Process took about 2 weeks only from the time I applied to receiving a phone call.

If I get an offer I may or may not accept it. My kids are still small.