CSX Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CSX (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

The process was interesting, I met with about 8 people in the the organization, and they all had my resume in advance, and they all questioned me. Questions were simple, they were often more informative. I

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CSX in November 2014.

Interview

First is a basic videochat interview which lasted maybe 30 minutes. If you make it to the second round they fly you to Jacksonville Florida where you have a face to face interview that is broken down into 3 different sections. The order of these sections will be determined by the group your placed into. 1. Personal Interview 2. Group Discussion Exercise 3. Roleplaying Exercise. Once you finish the three sections you are free to go and they will be in touch within 2 weeks to give you a yay or nay on a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Mainly questions dealing with previous situations I have been in leadership positions and what outcomes came about in tough leadership situations.   Answer Question

Technology Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CSX.

Interview

E-mail for times for phone panel interview, 3 person panel in phone call, lasted about 35 min, mostly behavioral questions, asked about group work when things went well and when it didn't, asked about my technical skills, and asked about a time where time was a big issue and how I handled it; there were about 3-4 scripted questions plus some follow ups on what I said

LDP Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CSX.

Interview

Pretty easy interview process just behavioral questions. Leadership roles, previous experiences etc. Pretty easy interview process just behavioral questions. Leadership roles, previous experiences etc. Pretty easy interview process just behavioral questions. Leadership roles, previous experiences etc.

Freight Conductor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CSX.

Interview

Got a phone called stating I was qualified. Now I'm waiting. I hv been reading other comments and reviews and it all seems pretty consistent. Idk what my next step is because they left a message so I have to return call back tomorro. Process took about 2 weeks only from the time I applied to receiving a phone call.

Negotiation

If I get an offer I may or may not accept it. My kids are still small.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CSX.

Interview

After completing the online application, I received an email stating that I had been selected to move to the next part of the process. I scheduled a phone interview with a recruiter which lasted approximately 30 minutes. He asked very basic interview questions to gauge my level of interest in the company and the program, my willingness to relocate, and my academic and professional experience up until that point.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CSX.

Interview

The application process begins online www.csx.com, then careers. A detailed resume, with time to complete a competency based questionnaire and then assessments (test). The test are computer based and require focus and quiet. Once you submit your application, you may have a phone interview or go to a hiring session. Either way be sure you can answer questions about your past work experience and how it relates to the current position. CSX has five governing leadership principles: Thought, People, Results, Self and Technical Leadership. Be prepared to answer questions related to any or all of these areas. The final interview is usually a panel interview with human resources, the hiring manager and someone else that works close with that position. The interview type is known as behavioral interviewing. Dress professional no matter what job you are interviewing for, be early, bring notes and resumes. Learn as much as you can about CSX by reviewing our websites, reviewing articles about the railroad and researching the position you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses and what have you done to develop them?   Answer Question

CSX Finance Leadership Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CSX (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Went to an information session on campus and then applied through my school. was given a Finance test with some mid level financial questions and was then awarded an on campus interview that was very laid back and asked some basic questions about myself and some situational questions as well. I was then brought to their headquarters to present a case study they emailed me a week before this interview. The case study is rather challenging and very subjective.

Interview Questions

• If two companies were going to merge what would they look for in each other?   Answer Question

Finance Leadership Development Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CSX (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

The interviewers were extremely nice and professional in their approach. All interviews were conducted 1 on 1 except for the case presentation. We were treated to dinner the night before the interviews, and were also treated to lunch the day of. Overall a great company presentation that knows how to recruit the best.

Freight Conductor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CSX (Franklin, TN).

Interview

I submitted an application online, it took approximately 3 1/2 weeks to hear back from them. They contacted me via email with the hiring session details. They then sent a second email identical to the first and then changed the online submission status to "2nd attempt to schedule". This concerned me as there was no way for me to confirm that I was going to attend. I contacted customer service and they assured me that this was just part of their process. It was. The session took nearly the entire day. The "Brief" that was given about the company lasted a total of 2 hours. The individual giving the "speech" repeated the same things over and over again.

Interview Questions

• Describe a safety violation you witnessed and tell me how you addressed the issue?   Answer Question